[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
IKRPG - Page 8 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:49 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject: Re: IKRPG
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am 

Quote:
I was told $80.00, less Club Westgamer and any other discounts you may have.
:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 am 

Yeah that's what I paid. Went to buy an EBDT as well but it was like 90+ so I bought a MK which was 124 after discounts. PP stuff got real pricey there since I bought my first stuff there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am 

Hmm. Might get it online then.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/486664574754978/

See you there!

Post subject: IKRPG
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 am 

Where you getting yours from??? Could do a combined order and get free shipping

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:35 pm 

Quote:
Where you getting yours from??? Could do a combined order and get free shipping
Places I buy from are OOS at the moment. I'll wait patiently till then. I'll let you know if I hopefully remember!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/486664574754978/

See you there!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 pm 

Totes sounds like some kind of seedy back-alley deal...where's my invite?! :(
Making me buy mine from a store like some kind of upstanding citizen...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 pm 

Anyone got some tips for getting in on an IKRPG group? Used to play WMH a bit but let it slide. I'm going to make time for this though, it just sounds too fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 pm 

So Thursday night, had my first taste of IKRPG.

Ryan was DMing for the first time, but has been RPing for years. I hadn't RP'ed in 10 years. No idea about the other guys.

We played the intro scenario from No Quarter. I got the mercenary company leader. Soldier/Field Mechanic with a warjack named Doorstop. I won't go into the specifics of the scenario, cause others will no doubt give it a try.

The rules transitioned almost flawlessly. If you can play Warmachine/Hordes, you already know like 70% of the system's mechanics. Combat is fine, you use skill checks often.

The Intellectual class is very cool. Giving Eye of Menoth (+1 hit/damage) and Black Penny to everyone in CMD is super cool.

I like it.

I'm now very much looking forward to starting a longer campaign.

That said, screw my sorcerer/thief. I want a warjack. It also gives me an excuse to buy, magnetize and paint up a Cygnar plastic light kit.

So I'm trying to think of an idea for a Field Mechanic character. If someone else is taking Intellectual in my group (I don't know who is playing) I'll go with Gifted instead.

Field Mechanik/Arcane Mechanik. Start with a) a warjack with 200gp of weapons and b) a mechanika weapon or armor worth 750gp. As for personality, eccentric Cygnaran scientist with a gun fetish. lol.

Post subject: IKRPG
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 pm 

Field mech/warcaster for me :)
2000gc of armour
+
2000gc of jack
=
Hells yeah!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:58 pm 

Yeah apologies for the session. I spent most the time just reading off the sheet...not very GMly. I imagine that if it were a scenario that I had created from scratch it would run smoother as I know the path I want the story to take but can adjust more easily as well.
I enjoyed the session still just didn't really feel like mine...
VERY VERY keen to get started on my own now

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 pm 

Quote:
Field mech/warcaster for me :)
2000gc of armour
+
2000gc of jack
=
Hells yeah!!!!!
I'm toying with different classes now. Just tried to write Field Mech/Arcane Mech, but I can't really build any weapons I want to use. lol.

Aside from a Repeating Pistol with a cold rune. (+1 POW, Crit Freeze). You also kinda have to take the 80gp power source as the other cheap ones can't be recharged.

I'm actually the most tempted to go with Solderi/Field Mechanik like the character I was playing. Black Penny and Eye of Menoth was great.
Quote:
Yeah apologies for the session. I spent most the time just reading off the sheet...not very GMly. I imagine that if it were a scenario that I had created from scratch it would run smoother as I know the path I want the story to take but can adjust more easily as well.
I enjoyed the session still just didn't really feel like mine...
VERY VERY keen to get started on my own now
Nah man, don't apologize. I had fun.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:15 pm 

Toying with a background idea. Here's an outline.

Character was born in a small town within the Cygnar borders, son of a farmer. He dreamed of service of his nation and displayed a mechanical aptitude. So when he came of age, he left home and joined the Cygnaran military.

For a few years, he served as a field mechanic. Repaired jacks, skirmished against Khador, earned a battlefield commission. Now the officer in his unit, he caught a superior officer trying to forcibly have his way with his girlfriend. Snapped, bludgeoned the guy to death.

Military tribunal decided that instead of imprisonment for murdering a superior officer, he was to be dishonorably discharged from service- due to the conditions of his crime. His girlfriend left him, unable to look at him without thinking of that terrible night.

After the military, he tried his hand working for the steamfitter guild. He built a laborjack from scratch and was quite good at his craft but his heart wasn't in it. He missed combat. He missed serving Cygnar, as it's all he ever wanted to do.

So he quit his job and joined a mercenary company.

I was going to go Field Mechanik / Arcane Mechanik, but it has too much potential for abuse. Being able to build my own awesome equipment from scratch for very little cost would result in me wearing/using all the best of everything.

Human / Intellectual / Field Mechanik / Officer.
Intellectual (Eye of Menoth in CMD)
Starting ability: Battlefield Co-Ordination (Black Penny in CMD)

Officer gives:
Battle Plan: Call to Action (Spend a feat point, everyone in CMD can go prone or stand up)
Natural Leader (+2" CMD)
Team Leader (Whenever he earns a feat point, he can give it to someone else)

Mechanik gives:
A light warjack. I'll probably just give it a halberd.
Jack Marshal (drive the jack)
Bodge (Repair my jack)
Hit the Deck! (No blast damage when prone. Goes prone instead of taking blast damage)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:18 pm 

Nice, I like the character. Call to Action and Hit the Deck go well together. And I reckon the halberd is the best choice for the Field Mech's starting laborjack. Powerful Charge really helps when you start at MAT 4 :)

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:00 pm 

Sooo... turns out I missed a step in character creation. Customization. lol.

You can trade occupational skills and abilities that career has access too. Let's say my Thief doesn't want Escape Artist. He could trade it for Stealth 2.

Or he doesn't want Conniver, he could trade it for say, Backstab.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:02 pm 

Wow...i missed that too. Thats pretty damn sweet.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next