[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
IKRPG - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:03 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: IKRPG
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 am 

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited for IKRPG.

Between Mutineer Chronicles and Muse on Minis talking about what they're going to do or other cool stuff- it sounds like SO much fun.

MC - Were talking about pirate and mercenary companies.
MoM - Talked about running a gobber battlefield salvage crew.

Defiant just got their stock in, so they can ship books to be at your door on release day. So I ordered mine and the latest issue of No Quarter.

Post subject: Re: IKRPG
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 am 

Yep - I'm buying it and gonna get my RPG on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/486664574754978/

See you there!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 am 

sooooooo keen for this, and also annoyed cause i just literally ordered something from defiant.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am 

I was looking at preordering ikrpg book and the troll gargantuan cause i think they are released on the same day. it was $150 after discount. which is expensive and gave me pause. But who am i kidding im gonna buy them anyway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 am 

Nerds!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:46 am 

Quote:
Nerds!
+1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 am 

I think it's safe to say we will have at least enough for two rpg groups in our community

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 pm 

I'm planning on running a small game at my place on mondays and a periodic one at gamertorium.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:10 pm 

As much as I'm going to rag on people about this, it does sound like a lot of fun. Interested to give it a crack at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm 

Quote:
I'm planning on running a small game at my place on mondays and a periodic one at gamertorium.
Ooh ooh pick me pick me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm 

Quote:
So I was reading the IKRPG book the other day (like I do) and noticed something interesting in the section describing the different peoples of the IK. When discussing the human communities that live on the fringes of civilization and do not worship the normal gods, it was mentioned that these communities still practiced totem worship. Specifically they mentioned wolf, bear, and raven totems. IMO, this passage refers to the peoples that remain allies to the Circle Orboros and make up the ranks of the Wolves of Orboros (wolf totem) as well as ancient allies of the Old Witch of Khador (Raven totem).

But what of the Bear? Are these people separate from the Circle, or does this allude to possible future additions to the Circle's allies/available units in Hordes? Wild speculation: is this the heavy cavalry that we will be getting soon?
This would be interesting. But I'm not sure how well Circle would integrate.

You have the Tharn, ravenous and wild. Then the attitude of Circle itself- civilization must die.

Between the two of them, I think you'd end up with xenophobic characters who are completely technologically illiterate. And they'd know next to nothing about the outside world and it's peoples.

It'd be kinda like Third Rock From The Sun, first season. Where the aliens just don't understand what's going on and bumble around, make asses of themselves and insult everyone.

You could still have savages, but I guess you'd need to keep way from either extreme.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:40 pm 

Quote:
As much as I'm going to rag on people about this, it does sound like a lot of fun. Interested to give it a crack at some point.
NERD!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 pm 

I'm in

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:02 pm 

Yeah, chances are I'll be in on Ryan's game(s).

I haven't done any RP in yeaaars though. Around 99/2000 I played some Call of Cthulhu. During high school (and after) I played AD+D.

It'll be interesting to learn about the other nations in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 pm 

Yep, I've already got an order in with Defiant. I'm itching to get my hands on the book. One way or another, I'll be running or playing in a game. :D

As a bonus, my wife is really keen to play, too. We played part of the Witchfire trilogy with our old RPG group in Bunbury but I never really liked the D20 conversion. On the other hand I've been really impressed with the previews PPress have released.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire