[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Adventures of the Iosan Secret Service - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:32 pm 

So, I figure I need a new thread for my campaign. In part because it's a hassle to organise sessions by PM and in part because I could talk IKRPG, well, for a long time and it's not fair that I keep doing that in Polar's campaign thread.

As the title suggests my gaming group are mostly elves (with various degrees of 'angry').

Gambit: Iosan Field Mechanik/Warcaster
paulfrank: Iosan Duellist/Spy
Nic: Iosan Investigator/Mage Hunter
OSOI: Human (Llaelese) Arcanist/Military Officer
thatnicguy: Trollkin Man-at-arms/Sorceror(Stone) TBC

Not a typical party by any means, 3 Iosans, only 1 human. Also 3 Gifted, 2 Skilled, no Intellectual or Mighty.

The premise of the campaign is that the Iosan members have been recruited to staff a newly-created Iosan embassy in Caspia set up by a prominent group of Seekers keen to foster better Cygnaran-Iosan relations. Unsurprisingly it's also being used as a cover for Retribution activities and some black ops work.

paulfrank's character's Cover Identity is as cultutal attache (Aristocrat), Gambit's character is her technical advisor and Nic's character her intelligence chief. OSOI's and thatnicguy's characters are a mercenary duo hired as security consultants and human liaison.

I won't be attempting anything as ambitious as session write-ups but I hope this thread will be useful to trade war stories, ask rules questions and organise game sessions.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:03 pm 

Woo! Can't wait for next week ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:03 pm 

My character is skilled at seduction and gambling. It's going to be a good game!
(Gambit won't mind me using his 'jack as collateral, right? :wink: )

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:06 pm 

TBH I'm doing session write ups so I can refer back to it if I forget previous events

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm 

Great fun!!

I will have a fig next week so the extent of concealing my warcaster armour can be seen.

Cant imagine iosan warcasters get to walk around willy-nilly in cygnar :P

It was good to flesh out the group backstory in the first session so there was some ingrained history.

Can wait for next week!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:55 pm 

Yeah, it was a good fun session and I think it will be full of twists and turns.

Being a human Arcanist in a party that has an Iosan Mage Hunter is a little diconcerting but at least we all hate the Reds

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 pm 

Quote:
My character is skilled at seduction and gambling. It's going to be a good game!
(Gambit won't mind me using his 'jack as collateral, right? :wink: )
Are you planning on seducing my labourjack James!?!? That's just weird :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 pm 

Goddamn robosexuals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:07 pm 

Quote:
Goddamn robosexuals.
This is the reason James' character is adventuring= exiled due to robosexuality :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:13 pm 

And the reason I brought a warcaster/mech along with me :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 am 

On a completely different topic...

Another one for the list of characters I'll probably make just because I can...
Ogrun Skilled Duellist/Military Officer, first ability will be Two-Weapon Fighting - so he can dual-wield Nyss Claymores

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am 

@fool I mentioned it to Simmo but not to yourself, I have a small whiteboard (Maybe 2 foot by 3 foot) that is just for dnd'ing. That is you lay it flat and draw out a dungeon room by room with whiteboard marker or a rough street map etc

If you want I'm happy to chuck it in the car on the nights if you think you could use it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:45 am 

Thanks Nic, I have one myself (for the same reason, I even used marker tape to add a permanent grid) but a second would be handy, there have been a number of occasions when a bigger map would have been a great help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:35 pm 

I've sourced the pieces for my character! Except now I have to do the conversion :shock:
Ravyn's body, Kaelyssa's blade, and one of Taryn's pistols!
Technically I could just use Kaelyssa, as she's pretty much armed correctly, but I prefer Ravyn's model to her

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 pm 

Okay, so I know Simmo can't make it this Wednesday but I'm planning to run a session anyway for those who can be there*. Can I just get a quick reply from everyone else to confirm availability?

*I've had a think about it and I'm worried that if we have to wait for everyone to be free, we're never going to get anywhere. Instead, I'll adopt Polar's approach and accept that we may have a variable cast from session to session.