It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:12 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am 

Quote:
Infiltrate
Units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed last, after all other units (friend and foe) have been deployed.
Infiltration is a type of deployment, BUT to keep a unit that does not have infiltrate off the table past the deployment phase means keeping it in reserve.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 am 

Quote:
During deployment you attach Independent Characters to units by placing them in coherency.
Infiltrators are set after everything else deploys, so there is no way to attach them to a unit that doesn't have Infiltrate unless they are in reserve.

A unit kept in Reserves that has Infiltrate gains outflank (Having Infiltrate also confers the Outflank special rule to units of Infiltrators that are kept as Reserves -see page 40), but has to arrive using the Reserves rules.

Does that sound simple enough?
That's my assessment of the situation matt. The 5th ed FAQ changed the allocation of IC to before deployment thus allowing infiltrate.

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Infiltrate
Units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed last, after all other units (friend and foe) have been deployed.
Infiltration is a type of deployment, BUT to keep a unit that does not have infiltrate off the table past the deployment phase means keeping it in reserve.
Your not keeping them off table past the Deployment Phase. As is written you are deploying them last.

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:01 pm 

But the unit does not have it to use the rule

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:10 pm 

Quote:
Your not keeping them off table past the Deployment Phase. As is written you are deploying them last.
I agree that Infiltration is a form of deployment, and that infiltrators are deployed last.

However, the unit that doesn't have the infiltration rule would not gain it until it is deployed in coherence with an IC that has the rule. A unit can't be kept off the table unless it is kept as Reserves or it already has the Infiltrate special rule

"First, both players deploy their forces (apart from any units left kept as Reserves or that chose to use their Infiltrate special rule). When both players have deployed their main force, then they deploy their Infiltrators (as described on page 38)."

And that's why so many events rule that ICs can't cause a unit of non-infiltrators to infiltrate (though they can give them outflank). It's a conversation that comes up frequently and eventually reaches the same conclusion after a few pages of debate. eg
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 18858.page
http://fortykwc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/ ... character/
http://www.pinoywargamer.com/viewtopic. ... 86&p=18661
http://the11thcompany.freeforums.org/vi ... 65&p=55100
etc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:11 pm 

Quote:
But the unit does not have it to use the rule
Lolz.

We're going round and round. See my posts above :D

I can only base my opinion on RAW. Some people read it one way others another. Until an FAQ sorts it out I think this will be down to TOs in their tournaments and opponents in their games outside of tournaments.

I hope GW actually FAQ something that is actually frequently asked :shock:

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm