It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:44 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 am 

Quote:
So really the skyshield is the only real fortification in the game and heaps better then FoR or Bastion.

Looks like we need a seperate faq just for skyshields yay cant wait.
Keep in mind the FOR and Bastion are also fortifications, so while the battlement on top is only 4+ cover they would also give 3+ cover to any model obscured by the building sections (eg a tank behind them).

But yes, everyone who has ever played with or against a skyshield seems to have reached the conclusion it needs an FAQ.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:04 pm 

Quote:
ICs don't give fortifications infiltrate due to the order of events during deployment, instead they confer outflank. The Fortress of Redemption has to come in from a side edge (unless combined with Positional Relay or similar rule that allows the player to pick any edge).

8)
I just read this on the internet....so it must be true!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 pm 

yea i know the build parts give a 3+ cover didnt know about battlements till i read up about skyshield yesterday as dont use fortifications besides DL...

yea skyshield is a mixed bag of rule and lack of but wat can we mortal non-GW ppl do...

ps

Matt Ward (just cause we never hear his name these days)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 pm 

Quote:
PS I have a skyshield in my new list hint the reason I wanted clarification oh well looks like my defens3 just got betta.
I'm imagining Khan and a squad of bikers starting the battle on top of one. Turn 1, they goto the edge, look down and ask Khan, "The (censored) do we do now?" Before revving their bikes a whole bunch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:32 pm 

Lol or khan n his squad start under it cause they prefer to fight in the shade...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 pm 

Mongolians always struck me as raiders not siege defenders. :)
I imagine the battle at terra was interesting for them.
Defend the wall? Screw it. Charge!

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 pm 

No no they would have love it

Who ever can do the fastest bog lap around the walls gets to watch saguinus get his pretty face punched in :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:09 pm 

Mark thats kinda funny cause I was playin against my mates BA with the scars laughting at him cause their primarch is dead.... to soon =s

=D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:29 pm 

Quote:
Mark thats kinda funny cause I was playin against my mates BA with the scars laughting at him cause their primarch is dead.... to soon =s

=D
Go back far enough in 40k lore and the white scars were wiped out completely as a chapter not long after the heresy before they were retconed back in.

Anyhow on topic just a spanner question to throw in. Assuming both side have deployed skyshields with the flaps down. Add a guy on each platform out in the open due to the shields down, would there be a cover save? while I don't think there should be, Matt's explanation would say otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:58 pm 

Quote:
Lol or khan n his squad start under it cause they prefer to fight in the shade...
Or he parks 3 Psyfledread on it :)

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:03 pm 

Quote:
Anyhow on topic just a spanner question to throw in. Assuming both side have deployed skyshields with the flaps down. Add a guy on each platform out in the open due to the shields down, would there be a cover save? while I don't think there should be, Matt's explanation would say otherwise.
Slightly confused by this.

If the flaps are down and the guys are out in the open then no cover saves (assuming you have a clear line of sight to them) or invul saves.

If one guy is in the open and the rest hidden, the first guy gets no cover save, the others get one (the 5th ed rule of 50% of the squad obscured doesn't exist anymore).

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Or he parks 3 Psyfledread on it :)
or something thats actually scary and good :) mwahhhahaha