It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:54 pm 

Rules intended are different from RAW and think if u go RAW for somethings, then you should go RAW for all things so its always the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:58 pm 

Not to mention that there are a lot of Blast and Template weapons that actually represent an area effect spray of weapon fire and not a single explosion, so even the fluff argument can be made either way :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm 

All so remember we shoot at a unit but hit models... Which is why I read it as hits vs shields

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 pm 

But if a template or blast marker hits a transport with a unit inside it only hit the transport. Same thing here fellas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:52 pm 

LOL not even Mark first ur Shield Zone isn't physically there, second its not transporting any models.

By ur talking I can aim at an empty space on the battlefield simply cause ur void shield zone covers that spot and shot at it to disable it...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:07 pm 

Quote:
As stated in Strong Hold Assault further hits strike the original target, as blast weapons determine a number of hits for the models under the template, once the shield has been destroyed any left over hits can then be resolved on its original target, if there was an exception to blast weapons why would have included this in its rules.

As RAW rules written (and how rules have always been finalised in this state) I cant see why any left over hits from a blast weapon wouldn't continue to damage its original target.
Well, RAW if it fires multiple times, I completely agree. If it is Heavy 1 Large Blast, that's a 1 shot weapon which is capable of multiple hits (for the fluff bunnies and RAW lawyers), but if it is firing from outside the VSG and would have hit a unit within, INSTEAD, it hits the void shield, Escalation RAW over-rides BRB, no?
Quote:
2. If there is models from a unit that contain models inside and outside of the Void Shield Zone do you roll to wound and save until you reach the Void Shield Zone and then roll to Damage the Void Shield... As the whole unit isn't inside the Void Shield Zone not all of the unit is safe ?
RAW, within. Pretty sure that means the unit has to be completely behind the shield for it to have any effect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:13 pm 

So Escalation has new rules for blast weapons does it...

oh wait no it doesn't BRB rules for blast weapons, so the number of models under the template = the number of hits.

"further hits strike the original target" as stated in Escalation... RAW means you u roll each hit till the shield is destroyed and then resolve the remaining attack against the original target...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:22 pm 

haha no no, I didn't mean it like that. Let me explain how I am reading it.

BLAST & LARGE BLAST WEAPONS
All the bits up to and including........ Once the final position of the blast maker has been dertermined, take a good look at it from above - the unit suffers one hit for each model with its base fully or partially beneath the blast maker (see diagram).
Then....
Any shooting attack that originates from outside a Void Shield Zone and hits a target within the Void Shield Zone instead hits the projected void shield......
....If all the projected void shields have collapsed, further hits strike the original target instead.
Back to BLAST & LARGE BLAST WEAPONS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm 

Back to BLAST & LARGE BLAST WEAPONS....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 pm 

Let me bold the exact RAW.
Quote:
haha no no, I didn't mean it like that. Let me explain how I am reading it.

BLAST & LARGE BLAST WEAPONS
All the bits up to and including........ Once the final position of the blast maker has been dertermined, take a good look at it from above - the unit suffers one hit for each model with its base fully or partially beneath the blast maker (see diagram).
Then....
Any shooting attack that originates from outside a Void Shield Zone and hits a target within the Void Shield Zone instead hits the projected void shield......
....If all the projected void shields have collapsed, further hits strike the original target instead.
Back to BLAST & LARGE BLAST WEAPONS

The argument that the entire blast is eaten up by the void shield is a bit silly, because, technically speaking, the entire shooting attack (all the guns) hit the shield, for as long as it holds. Firing a scatter laser or assault cannon isnt really any different from firing a battle cannon through a void shield. They each do a bunch of hits, than dont hurt anyone until youve popped the shield, then the remaining hits get to start rolling to wound as normal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:40 pm 

Quote:
Firing a scatter laser or assault cannon isnt really any different from firing a battle cannon through a void shield. They each do a bunch of hits, than dont hurt anyone until youve popped the shield, then the remaining hits get to start rolling to wound as normal.
Over reaching a little there.
Fluff says it's a single shot with an explosion of some kind, show me a single shot weapon that is actually multiple shots?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:41 pm 

Any flamer :mrgreen:

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:44 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Firing a scatter laser or assault cannon isnt really any different from firing a battle cannon through a void shield. They each do a bunch of hits, than dont hurt anyone until youve popped the shield, then the remaining hits get to start rolling to wound as normal.
Over reaching a little there.
Fluff says it's a single shot with an explosion of some kind, show me a single shot weapon that is actually multiple shots?
Multiple missile pods on Valks spring to mind. A few of the flak cannon type of things. Probably more, I can start trying to jog my brain.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:54 pm 

Damn, I can think of a few now too!
Several pre-heresy weapons to start with......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm 

Well this is all lovely guys except that at this point it's pointless cos what we are real worrying about is janissaries and how it's gonna be played there and well we know how Gary has ruled its gonna be played so let's get back to the real question does it confer infultrate and outflank :D :lol: