It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm 

2x Stealth Devices on a Royal Tie Interceptor, legal?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:37 pm 

No it's not. The wording of the royal guard upgrade is two different modifications sadly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:00 pm 

Quote:
No it's not. The wording of the royal guard upgrade is two different modifications sadly.
Ah yes, cheers Paul. I was reading off a squad builder!
Internet fail.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 pm 

I thought the same mate but I've seen this one come up on the forums a couple of times.

My question - what are the most effective y wing builds people field? Trying to give them another shot, despite their obvious weakness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:29 pm 

Low PS Y wings with Ion turrets suck... hate those guys! I think that's the way I would run them - gold squadron with ion turret

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 pm 

Quote:
My question - what are the most effective y wing builds people field? Trying to give them another shot, despite their obvious weakness.
Their weaknesses are a poor main gun and a bad dial. You can get around both issues very easily by slapping on a secondary weapon and making it a turret that doesn't require fancy manoeuvres to get targets in its arc - hence they were practically made for Ion Cannon Turrets.

The most common way to run them (and the way I always do) is Gold Squadron + Ion Cannon = 23

If you want to take them a bit further, the next thing is to realise they are still fairly useless at Range 3. The Ion is only range 1-2 and at range 3 the enemy get extra evade dice vs the y-wing's paltry 2 shots, so what I do when points allow is add a Proton Torpedo.
"4 Attack Dice at Range 2-3
Attack (target lock): Spend your target lock and discard this card to perform this attack.
You may change 1 of your Focus results to a Crit result."

It's one shot and costs 4pts, but it does increase your squadron's damage output in the vital first engagement. Also note if you fire them after any other weapons have stripped shields or evade tokens you have a decent chance of getting a crit through.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 pm 

Thanks Matt,

Yeah I ran high ps ywing at the last tourney with protons and whilst effective they were usually punished pretty quickly. Think its time to look for more effective partnerships than an hwk...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:25 pm 

And another one:

Yeah I don't get his special rule, what am I missing? :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:29 pm 

Stealth Device works until you are "hit by an attack". THis text would therefore mean the defender is "hit", and would lose Stealth Device without having taken any damage from the attack.

I can't think of any other card that would be affected by this pilot's text off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 am 

I agree, it looks like he is a dedicated stealth-stripper.
Well worth it too at that price!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:00 am 

Quote:
Stealth Device works until you are "hit by an attack". THis text would therefore mean the defender is "hit", and would lose Stealth Device without having taken any damage from the attack.

I can't think of any other card that would be affected by this pilot's text off the top of my head.
Does vader crew card work the same way ?

I have been playing against wedge with r2d2 shield and marksmanship , Han Solo with Luke sky walker crew card falcon tital card elusiveness and shield up grade. This combo has been a real head ache. Both normally shoot first Han re rolls to hit if miss's Luke activates and he gets to reroll miss's due to Han and the wedge shoots denying 1 evade dice . After the first pass Han and Luke real come into there own and the extra shields make both a tank. Wedge able to get the shields back due to r2 and 3 shields means it's been hard to get him down to hull on the first pass.
Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:03 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Does vader crew card work the same way ?
It does not. Vader crew card is not an attack, so even though (yay!) free damage on your opponent, it won't remove stealth device.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:24 pm 

Quote:
Assault Missiles!!
When Lieutenant Blount fires his Assault Missiles, they always deal splash damage. Even if he rolls nothing but blanks and his target rolls nothing but evade results, the attack is still considered a hit. This means that all those TIE fighters flying within range “1” of each other are effectively guaranteed to suffer one point of hull damage as soon as they come into range of Lieutenant Blount’s Assault Missiles.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Assault Missiles!!
When Lieutenant Blount fires his Assault Missiles, they always deal splash damage. Even if he rolls nothing but blanks and his target rolls nothing but evade results, the attack is still considered a hit. This means that all those TIE fighters flying within range “1” of each other are effectively guaranteed to suffer one point of hull damage as soon as they come into range of Lieutenant Blount’s Assault Missiles.
:shock:

Good call. This guy's gonna be popular. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:23 pm 

*takes stealth off the list of must haves*