It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:22 am 

How do Dwarf weapon runes interact with each other.

If I were to give a Weapon 2x Rune of Fire (Flaming attacks + Breath Weapon), and a single Rune of Cleaving (armour piercing), would the Breath Weapon attack (either shooting or CC) have the Armour Piercing rule, or is it just the attacks made in Close Combat?

Similarly, do the Dragon Slayer and Daemon slayer special rules interact with the Master Rune of Flight (D3 wounds vs Monsters / re-roll successful Ward).

What do you guys think?
How am I supposed to read this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 pm 

A Second question concerning two Runes of Spell Breaking.
This acts like a dispell scroll, but on a 4+, the wizard casting it cannot cast that spell for the rest of the game.

What happens if I use this against a bound spell that isnt carried by a wizard.
Does the model lose the ability to cast that bound spell for the rest of the battle, or does this simply have no effect on Bound Spells?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:03 am 

The first question: Only close combat attacks.
The upgraded Rune of Fire, "grants... a Strength 4 Breath Weapon", so, being a separate weapon, would be unaffected by other weapon runes.

The second question: All attacks.
The Daemon Slayer rule states that, "Any ward saves successfully made against Attacks by the Slayer must be re-rolled.
The Dragon Slayer rules similarly states that, "When attacking monsters, the Slayer's attacks have the Multiple Wounds (D3) special rule.
The rules apply to Attacks, so would work for shooting (you never know...), CC, Breath Weapon (see above), belching or barstools.

The third, well, can't really help you there. The combined rule states, "wizard", so it wouldn't affect a bound spell (even one cast by a wizard, see p.37 of the rulebook) under RAW, as the bound spell effectively casts itself. The rune can be used to dispel a bound spell, there's nothing in the first part preventing it. There's no FAQ as far as I can see, so all I can say is start harassing GW for an answer and if your opponent takes advantage, just record the Grudge and avenge accordingly. With a barstool.