It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: 7th Ed WH40K rules ???
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:30 pm 

So after reading the rules a few times I've noticed a few things that I though I'd bring to light before any events happen and see what people think, with some I'm sure I already know people's answers.

Here we go:

Infiltrate, states as long as one model in the unit has this rule a unit can infiltrate. Does this mean a IC with infiltrate converts this rule to a non-infiltrating unit. (this was of much debate in 6th and by the looks of things 7th hasn't change this)

Fortifications as now deployed with the rest of the army 'If a fortification is taken as part of an army, then it is set up
with the rest of the units in the army using the same deployment rules as the other models.'

Focus fire is gone.

Precise shot/strike are removed from characters (unless they come with it or can get it via wargear)

Vehicle Characters don't get 'look out sir' Shotting and Combat:
When a Wound is allocated to one of your non-vehicle characters, and there is another model
from the same unit within 6", he is allowed a Look Out, Sir attempt.

Warlord traits:
If your Warlord is removed as a casualty during your game, any abilities or special rules granted by his
Warlord Trait are immediately lost.

Well that's a few for now, feel free to add to things people may not be aware of or you want clarified for yourself :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm 

Oh forgot to mention, Psychic power's can't be cast in vehicles unless there is a fire point and its a wychfire. So no buffing the squad/vehicle from inside.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:39 pm 

Independent Characters can confer infiltrate to a unit but, if they do not have the rule they cannot join an infiltrating unit.

"An Independent Character without the infiltrate rule special rule cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment" pg 658

The infiltrate rule itself doesn't mention independent characters at all, so rules as written an IC with infiltrate confers the rule to a non-infiltrating unit but an infiltrating unit does not confer infiltrate to a non -infiltrating IC.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:46 pm 

Doing shooting by weapon is the biggest change for me. Hits Wounds Saves Hits Wounds Saves now, not Hits Hits Wounds Wounds Saves Saves.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:57 pm 

Quote:
Independent Characters can confer infiltrate to a unit but, if they do not have the rule they cannot join an infiltrating unit.

"An Independent Character without the infiltrate rule special rule cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment" pg 658

The infiltrate rule itself doesn't mention independent characters at all, so rules as written an IC with infiltrate confers the rule to a non-infiltrating unit but an infiltrating unit does not confer infiltrate to a non -infiltrating IC.
The problem is you never have permission to join a unit before deployment to confer the rule! Outflank with it is fine but RAW you can't infiltrate as you have no way to join the squad

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:38 pm 

Can anyone find a rule that prevents blasts hitting models on more than 1 level or has that been removed?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 pm 

That's been removed - you hit everything on every level under the blast

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 am 

Yea thats kinda kewl, you can still hide under a level from barrage though yes ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:15 am 

Quote:
Quote:

The problem is you never have permission to join a unit before deployment to confer the rule! Outflank with it is fine but RAW you can't infiltrate as you have no way to join the squad
Never say never.

Look at space marine codex under captain shrike.

"Before deploying, he may only join squads of jump infantry"

Pretty sure that reads that characters are setup with units before even being deployed.

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:05 am 

Quote:
Quote:

"An Independent Character can begin the game already with a unit, by being deployed in unit coherency"

and then under infiltrate

"Units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed last, after all other units (friend and foe) have been deployed"

would that not mean after you deploy your force you simply say " mr independent character is deploying with squad A during the infiltration phase of deployment "

at least thats how i read it :/

or is it being read as squad A is deployed and then mr independent character is deployed into the unit, making 2 deployment "moves"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:25 am 

It seems to me that rules as written would mean that yhe character cant joun the squaf.

Hangar 19: Southwest Gaming Club @ Unit 5/31 Denning Road, Bunbury.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:02 am 
Site Admin

The rules pertaining to this argument (and interpretations of their wording) are the same as last edition.

GW could have resolved it. Didn't.

My interpretation is the same as last edition - which is that the characters can join & infiltrate. That's how I'll be playing it unless another TO rules it otherwise at an event I'm attending or a future FAQ / errata changes things.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:57 am 

Quote:
Yea thats kinda kewl, you can still hide under a level from barrage though yes ?
Nope! Barrage hits all levels as well!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:58 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Never say never.

Look at space marine codex under captain shrike.

"Before deploying, he may only join squads of jump infantry"

Pretty sure that reads that characters are setup with units before even being deployed.
Shrike has a specific exception to the rules. The core rules don't allow it at present. Intention - sure! RAW? Not as far as I can see

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:23 am 

...what Luke said. But i will add that it's definately clear he can join the unit if they are held reserve to make a scout move 'by informing your opponent which unit he has joined'

Anyway we've all had this argument before with no consensus so no point going on about it again!

Rules I like: Heavy vehicles count as stationary when shooting. Ordnance no longer restricts the amount of weapons a vehicle can fire. Hello Russes!

Fast vehicles can now fire 2 weapons at full BS at cruising speed. It was only 1 in old rules if I remember correctly?
Edited - sorry I'm stupid :roll:

Can deploy in, and score from, buildings and fortifications. Makes sense. Why build a fortification to protect a valuable asset if you can't actually use it to hold that asset lol!

Sadly (for me) characters can't join MCs any more so no more O'Vesa Star :(

The weapon by weapon is very cool. Shoot your light weapons first - resolve wounds and remove all the human shields, then fire your melta gun into that skulking character >:)

I believe the rest of the rules you've mentioned Neil, are correct - no need for clarification as far as I can see?

Last edited by tomkatt on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.