It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:15 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:55 pm 

Page 109

Barricades, walls, defence line all listed... 4+ cover

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:37 pm 

Quote:
Page 109

Barricades, walls, defence line all listed... 4+ cover

yeah I saw that one, but it doesnt really apply to a tank behind the main body of a bastion i don't think...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:52 pm 

How does WALL not cover bastion walls?

Also, nothing gives 3+ cover without going to ground that I can find - infact - we are told that buildings are treated exactly like vehicles with a couple of exceptions... And when you get obscured by another vehicle... It's a 4+ cover save

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:07 pm 

Quote:
How does WALL not cover bastion walls?

Also, nothing gives 3+ cover without going to ground that I can find - infact - we are told that buildings are treated exactly like vehicles with a couple of exceptions... And when you get obscured by another vehicle... It's a 4+ cover save

ahhh the vehicle part would explain it then! makes sense now thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Are you guys seriously having a rules debate about 6th ed? :roll:

Time to move on...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:52 pm 

I should thank you for making me figure that out using actual pages!

Thanks mate :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:35 pm 

Quote:
Are you guys seriously having a rules debate about 6th ed? :roll:

Time to move on...

not quite, more referencing 6th ed to point out a change to 7th...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:13 pm 

WWMD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:41 pm 

Quote:
WWMD
I wasn't even there when you guys came up with this but I have to say I love the impact one guy has had on our comunitity, regardless of reference it's in revanance. I would say he would find a work around to his advantage :D this is said with respect (and I'm not joking) to all involved

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:12 am 

So a codex can now ally with itself? Just looking for confirmation from the Perth rules-lawyers :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:34 am 

Curious as to how the rules of shooting out of transports work when the the transport is a walker.
When you fire out of a vehicle that has moved at combat speed you count as moving and when the transport moves at cruising speed you must fire snapshots - since a walker does not move at combat nor cruising speed (since it is counted as moving like infantry) am I right in assuming that the unit inside may fire as if they are stationary, regardless of how far the walker moved? Also, would running with a walker prevent the unit inside firing, even though rules as written only moving flat out prevents a transported unit from firing?

For example an ork stompa carrying a unit of lootas moves, do those lootas count as stationary?

This may or may not give away plans for my next army :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 am 

I believe the walker (in this instance) counts as stationary, due to the superheavy rules?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:19 pm 

Belly in regards to one codex allies, if the codex allows it then yes such as space marine but have to be a different chapter. Eldar and Iyaden, tau n farsight and so on. But not eldar and eldar.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:35 pm 

Are you just saying that due to 6th?

I cannot see any mention of it in the 7th rulebook. Allies matrix shows each codex as battle brothers with themselves, and numerous sites explain that everyone can now ally with themselves ; http://www.3plusplus.net/2014/05/7th-ed ... es-matrix/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:41 pm 

Pg122 under allied detachments - allies must be a different faction to you primary faction

You can however just take 2 combined arms detachments instead. Battle brothers with yourself is really for this instance where you have 2 force org charts and need to know how they work together

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next