It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm 

Also, when disembarking is it based on what speed bracket you moved at I.e. you can disembark if the transport was stationary or had moved at combat speed but not if the vehicle moved at cruising speed, or, is it based on how many inches you move - 6" or less you can disembark, 7" or more no disembark?

Back to my example of the stompa transporting lootas could the stompa move 12" while still allowing the lootas to disembark since the stompa doesn't count as moving at combat or cruising speed?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:49 pm 

Quote:
You can however just take 2 combined arms detachments instead.
But not for tournaments stating a single Primary Detachment, and single allied Detachment?

So i'm still unable to ally some Eldar in my Eldar.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 pm 

from memory the allied detachment needs to be from a different faction to the combined arms one?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:44 pm 

Pretty much Matt, but surely you can work with the iyaden allies to do this. What eva relics you need from eldar pop on the dudes, if you have a non-warlord model in idea who doesnt need relics use him as the iyanden hq. Then all your choice of units are the same in theroy.

I dont know how do able this is or what your army idea is but all I can suggest with out any info.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:55 pm 

Quote:
Pretty much Matt, but surely you can work with the iyaden allies to do this. What eva relics you need from eldar pop on the dudes, if you have a non-warlord model in idea who doesnt need relics use him as the iyanden hq. Then all your choice of units are the same in theroy.

I dont know how do able this is or what your army idea is but all I can suggest with out any info.
So I can ally Iyanden with Eldar then?

BRB has a broad definition of 'Faction', which doesn't seem to address this

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:58 pm 

Does the supplement say you can ? Marine allows different chapters n the Tau supplement allows.

But from the talk on ATC team there may have been an issue with that ??? Im sure Mike will let us know soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:11 pm 

No, the Iyanden supplement is silent on allies. Every supplement thereafter has made mention of it though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:18 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
WWMD
I wasn't even there when you guys came up with this but I have to say I love the impact one guy has had on our comunitity, regardless of reference it's in revanance. I would say he would find a work around to his advantage :D this is said with respect (and I'm not joking) to all involved

WA's Weapons of Mass Destruction.... What would Macklemore do? (buy his models at the thriftshop imho).... When Will Madonna Die? Hmm that's a bit dark for me.... ok what does it actually mean?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:39 pm 

Quote:
No, the Iyanden supplement is silent on allies. Every supplement thereafter has made mention of it though.
Yeah youre outta luck with Eldar/Eldar, almost everyone else can do it though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:41 pm 

That's so (censored). Eldar get the shaft all over the place. Simply can't catch a break

*trollface*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
WWMD
I wasn't even there when you guys came up with this but I have to say I love the impact one guy has had on our comunitity, regardless of reference it's in revanance. I would say he would find a work around to his advantage :D this is said with respect (and I'm not joking) to all involved

WA's Weapons of Mass Destruction.... What would Macklemore do? (buy his models at the thriftshop imho).... When Will Madonna Die? Hmm that's a bit dark for me.... ok what does it actually mean?
From what i know of it means what would mat shadowlord do

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:44 pm 

Quote:
That's so (censored). Eldar get the shaft all over the place. Simply can't catch a break

*trollface*
I know they got shafted like CSM AND ORKS :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:17 pm 

Don't see how any of them got shafted but ok... The drake got toned down as it needed to, if you where on the other side of the table from it at all you would see how OP it was. Orks ??? there book is good, unless you also think the Nid book isn't then I understand your point of view...

That is, its not worth knowing!

But yea poor Eldar, they have so many kewl toys that are hard to fit into one list... :p Mind you Matt just wait when you can take more then one force org, then you'll be laughing :) .... so the first event up no, the second one has no restrictions AT ALL!!!

which means if you knew some of the lists going like I do then.... holy (censored) ! my poor normal army has its work cut out for it... LIKE MAJOR!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:55 am 

Neil it was a joke joke about eldar not a commentary on either of those dex, I was using the common attitude on the internet about said dex's as the point of cheek.

I couldn't realy say anything about ORKS tbh and neither can you as unless you have started to use them. CSM something's did get nurfed, the heldrake will still fry marines thou.

But onto rules questions hey, me and rod had a few come up in a game last light

Do vehicals take leadership test, ie certain psychic powers cause you to take them when ever you want to do something?

Do ya take cover saves from the direction of the blast final location or the firer?

On an open topped fast vehical is it 2 passengers that can fire out if it moves at cruzing speed?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 am 

Quote:
Neil it was a joke joke about eldar not a commentary on either of those dex, I was using the common attitude on the internet about said dex's as the point of cheek.

I couldn't realy say anything about ORKS tbh and neither can you as unless you have started to use them. CSM something's did get nurfed, the heldrake will still fry marines thou.

But onto rules questions hey, me and rod had a few come up in a game last light

Do vehicals take leadership test, ie certain psychic powers cause you to take them when ever you want to do something?

Do ya take cover saves from the direction of the blast final location or the firer?

On an open topped fast vehical is it 2 passengers that can fire out if it moves at cruzing speed?
As far as I know:
- Vehicles dont take Ld tests.
- Cover saves from direction of firer not blast.
- All occupants can snapfire.

Happy to be proven wrong though as Ive only read through the rules once atm.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next