It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 pm 

Few niggling questions
Do the additional two detachments in the DA codex Deathwing Strike Force and Ravenwing Strike Force have to be commanded by Belial and Sammael (respectively) or can other HQ choices fill in? I.e does taking a space marine bike for the interrogator chaplain or librarian give them the Ravenwing rule?

Can you include both of the DW or RW strike forces and Lion's blade strike force for that matter in the same battle forged army and which units count as scoring and do any of these have the objective secured command benefit?

Then if you take either of the DW or RW strike forces as your primary detachment can you then in addition take any of the other formations I.E. The Hammer of Caliban, Ravenwing Attack Squadron or Deathwing Redemption Force outside of the/any detachment or are these only available when you are using the Lion's Blade Strike Force?

Just a little confused to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:15 pm 

Firstly you can take infinite detachments (or formations) in a battle forged army.

As for who leads it, and who has objective secured... itll say that in the detachments, generally nothing has objective secured these days (you dont need it). Dont have the DA codex so cant confirm exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:42 am 

The ravenwing detachment is indeed broken as the only character who has the ravenwing rules is sammael so despite the 1-3 HQ slots, you can only ever use 1...

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:58 am 

Quote:
The ravenwing detachment is indeed broken as the only character who has the ravenwing rules is sammael so despite the 1-3 HQ slots, you can only ever use 1...
Not sure about broken coz Sammael is a pretty good IC although his pts are a little prohibitive particularly in small forces.

I read that as the formation only has to led by a character with the Ravenwing rule one other slots could have biker chaplain or librarians.

Would be nice to throw in a dirt cheap librarian on a bike and still gain access to all the tasty formation special rules similar to what is possible for the Deathwing.

Also does The Hammer of Caliban formation require the rhino-chassis unit of predators, whirlwinds or vindicators to be at full strength consisting of 3 models to take it as a formation within a lions blade detachment or can you have a land raider and one predator and forgo the kill shot special rule but still forefil the minimum requires for the detachment? I hope the answer is yes otherwise the only way to include a landraider in a battle forged army from the new codex is to accompany it with a full strength unit of point gobblers..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 am 

I think broken because it doesn't work well, rather than too good!
Quote:
otherwise the only way to include a landraider in a battle forged army from the new codex is to accompany it with a full strength unit of point gobblers..
You can still take Combined Arms Detachments, or even Allied Detachments. You don't have to take the specific Dark Angels ones.

It's like the normal marine Demi Company is all well and good, but it's not great if you want to take just one librarian or scout squad or terminator squad without taking their respective detachment that forces you to spam them. Themed detachments give you benefits but force you to take a very restricted list. I'd rather have fewer bonuses and take a varied army with things I like using.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:10 pm 

Just went to GW during lunch break
Quote:
Do the additional two detachments in the DA codex Deathwing Strike Force and Ravenwing Strike Force have to be commanded by Belial and Sammael (respectively) or can other HQ choices fill in? I.e does taking a space marine bike for the interrogator chaplain or librarian give them the Ravenwing rule?
Deathwing = No
Ravenwing = Yes

And the only HQ choice you can take is Sammael due to Ravenwing restricting all other choices just as Massaen said
Quote:
Can you include both of the DW or RW strike forces and Lion's blade strike force for that matter in the same battle forged army and which units count as scoring and do any of these have the objective secured command benefit?
Now understand that none get the objective secured command benefits and have their own.
Quote:
Then if you take either of the DW or RW strike forces as your primary detachment can you then in addition take any of the other formations I.E. The Hammer of Caliban, Ravenwing Attack Squadron or Deathwing Redemption Force outside of the/any detachment or are these only available when you are using the Lion's Blade Strike Force?
Yes you can Formation = Detachment I.e you can take a Deathwing strike force as primary and then any number of hammer of Caliban, raven wing attack squadron etc without having a lions blade strike force in your army list.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:18 pm 

Quote:
does The Hammer of Caliban formation require the rhino-chassis unit of predators, whirlwinds or vindicators to be at full strength consisting of 3 models to take it as a formation within a lions blade detachment or can you have a land raider and one predator and forgo the kill shot special rule but still forefil the minimum requires for the detachment? I hope the answer is yes otherwise the only way to include a landraider in a battle forged army from the new codex is to accompany it with a full strength unit of point gobblers..
Yes hammer of Caliban Rhino-chassis unit must be at full strength. 3 models

I need more models!!! :roll:

They couldn't have planned it better...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 pm 

Quote:

I need more models!!! :roll:

They couldn't have planned it better...
Let's talk :wink:

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:33 pm 

Yea we can talk... :twisted: