It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:44 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:28 pm 

Ok, before I get into this, I understand the basis of rule as written versus intent. And think I could make a solid decision based on rules as intended about this. But I'm just seeking clarification as I've read it a certain way and need someone to rebut my interpretation. I just cant seem to get my head around it and I want to make sure I'm playing this fun game right.

So then, if a vehicle is on a crater, is it entitled to a cover save of 6+?

Now please understand I know the 25%+ ruling but under the terrain for craters it applies the rule as "models in cover", which is referenced as literally touching the terrain piece. and the rules granted by the crater (6+ cover and +2 gone to ground instead of +1) specifically state it is regardless of the percentage value and is not referenced as cover in the vehicle section.

so my real question is which rule takes precedence over the other? The main rules for vehicle cover saves (25% obscured), or the rules for craters (no percentage) which apply once a model physically touches it?

I'm normally pretty good with inspirations but my brain is totally lost here!
It almost will never come up as you only gain a 6+ cover save but the contradiction is really confused me. ..

Thanks everyone

------Drokk da Irontoof------

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 pm 

Honestly Ive played it both ways, however my opponent usually does. Im pretty sure that the pure RAW is that even a vehicle gets a cover save in a ruin or crater just by being in it (as it says it ignores the 25% obscured requirement)... but the thought of an imperial knight with a tip-toe in a ruin getting 4+ cover saves is a little hard to swallow too so im happy to ignore the raw from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:13 pm 

I'm with Wolflord on this one.

RAW, you can claim the coversave for being in the crater simply by virtue of touching it.