I have posted a document on the facebook page and asked for volunteers.
Long and short of it, we are hoping to have 4-5 "committee members" and rotate around each 6 months or so. Only 3 active at a time, but several "substitutes". Each job takes a small amount of time each month, but doing them all takes a fair bit of time.
We are only asking volunteers to help once per yer. That's it. Help your community.
So please, nominate up below and let us know, Committee or Volunteer. Please don't make us ask you.
Once we get more regular attendance we have ideas about memberships etc....but we are a fair way away from that at the moment.
WAAGH Committee Member Jobs and Responsibilities
The WAAGH Committee is split into 3 positions. The jobs and responsibilities are outlined below. As a committee member you are also expected to run (organise) one WAAGH in 3. You are also expected to attend brief Committee Meetings after each WAAGH to discuss current situation and plan for upcoming WAAGH’s.
• General Organiser for whole of WAAGH including finding supporters etc.
• Organise Venue each WAAGH which consists of emailing the venue a week before.
• Organise food and essentials which can consist of organising others to pick up items.
• Organise terrain which consists of a simple call/email to organise pick up or drop off.
• Overseeing the other committee members and sub committees.
• Organise post WAAGH committee members.
• Organise volunteer to assist organiser at the WAAGH.
• Creating minutes of meetings and circulating so committee knows what is going on.
• Managing the WAAGH site including posting to Facebook/Twitter/Westgamer.
• Organising Posters/flyers as needed.
• Responsible for the Cash Tins/Paypal account when needed.
• Organise the float for the WAAGH organiser.
• Reconcile Accounts for each WAAGH and regularly reconcile main tin/Paypal account.
• Organise Reimbursements for expenses.
Role of the Sunday WAAGH “Organiser”
• Make sure terrain is coming and help setup around 9:00am
• Pick up Float from Treasurer
• Meet and greet everyone in the morning. Signups, take money, fill in receipt form, hand our bands, point out features etc.
• At 12:00 start cooking. Serve and do dishes. Usually done by 2:00pm. Get volunteer to help.
• Pay venue towards end of meeting.
• Count money in float tin and note on back of page.
• Organise clean up and close.
• Return Float to treasurer before meeting.
Role of Sunday Volunteer
• Assist with the lunch time cooking and receiving money. Mainly preparing and cooking. Serve the food while the organiser takes the money.
• Do the dishes with the organiser.