[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
...its how you use it - WHFB skirmish event TUE 28 Apr 15 - Page 6 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:50 am 

Sweet thanks Skip. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:26 am 

Thanks again to Skip for running this last night, was great fun to do something different, and everyone was really in the spirit of some light-hearted games.

Would be keen to do it again, and I would encourage anyone with some fantasy minis to give it a go, it's really easy and quick to play.

Highlights for me were the Pirates v Zombies game against Brookesy, with one Pirate taking out 5-6 Zombies with his cutlass, and my handgunner taking out two Bretonnian knights. Got a bit smashed up by Chris's Ghouls without doing much back, and wasn't able to out-run or out-shoot Callum's woodies.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:07 am 

Yeah I had a lot of fun - thanks Skip!

The zombies were as bad as I thought they would be. Who knew that WS1, T3 and no armour save made for terrible infantry. :D

They did have one moment of glory though. A crypt horror, a S7 2xattack grave guard and a zombie were fighting a brettonian knight and the leader.
The brettonians with their S5 lances and magic swords attack, nothing.
The Horror attacks with 3 S4 attacks, nothing.
The Grave Guard with her supercharged S7 greatsword attacks, nothing.
The lone zombie with his flimsy flailing fingernails, wounds the leader.
The brettonians flee and are promptly chased down!

:D

Probably the only thing I would change is to play on 3x3 boards instead of 4x3. I don't think the extra width really brought much to the game.