[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Mad Max Gaming? - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Mad Max Gaming?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:11 pm 

Quote:
Except n-guage cars are at least $10 each vs $2 for Hot Wheels!
a complaint about a ten buck miniature!!! now thats a day i thought i would never hear

this game has sought of got me hooked ive been down shops today getting my little broom brooms, and gunna hit the hobby shop tomorrow for some modern infantry (1/72) for guns and stuff!

vroom vroom!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:47 pm 

Hot tip--a hot glue gun is a really quick an easy way to stop the wheels moving.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 pm 

Quote:
a complaint about a ten buck miniature!!! now thats a day i thought i would never hear
Damn straight! :lol:

Post subject: Mad Max Gaming?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:05 pm 

First 3 cars done, didn't do a lot of converting cause I wanted them done for Tuesday, but it was fun making them this banged up and messy:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:32 pm 

They look fantastic.

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:14 pm 

So, Pete - what are you thinking for Tuesday, then? 6 points?

Here are what I have so far, pre-painted.

Few more pics of them up in my Hobby Showcase blog.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:45 pm 

6 points sounds good, depending how long it takes we may be able to get a couple of games. I need to get a 3 point car though!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:26 pm 

How are you thinking of classifying your vehicles? I mean, I'm planning on running the taxi as a 4x4 (3 points) and the muscle car as, well, a Muscle Car (3 points).

Seems to me, you could run your sports car as a Rally Car (2 points), use the ute as a 4x4 (3 points), and the VW with the bed as a Convertible (3 points). And then your bikes are 1 point each. You've got a variety of combinations you could run there.

I mean, that said, don't let me stop you from converting up more cars, though!

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 am 

I think that all those cars are only size 2, it might be hard to tell from the picture but the rally car is actually the biggest! I have another ute/truck that is bigger than all of those so I would say that is size 3, but I probably won't have that ready for Tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:22 pm 

Currently laminating and cutting out counters and road markers.

#toocoolstobuyrules #hipsterwargaming

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 pm 

Aw, man - you beat me to it! I had glued the road markers and counters to thin card last night and was going to cut them out this afternoon. You win. I cede first turn to you for your efforts!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:40 pm 

It's funny, I did the gear cards double sided so they'd be easier to find, then I read the rules again and saw it'd be much better to leave them single sided, as they're supposed to be secret! I suppose we can put them underneath the car card.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

Picked up a couple more vehicles, specifically a truck for the big rig mission (though it's more a delivery truck than a big rig... big rigs seem hard to find) and a big van that I'll heavily armour for the president mission.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:59 pm 

Quote:
Currently laminating and cutting out counters and road markers.

#toocoolstobuyrules #hipsterwargaming
"It's a small, independent game. I'm sure you've never heard of it."
#hipsterwargaming

Yeah, this should be cool. I tried laying out a simple one-on-one car scenario late last night to get a handle on how the rules play, but I was so tired I couldn't focus enough to play it through. It seems simple enough, though, that it shouldn't take much to grasp it.

I'll bring my gear tokens and we can use those if keeping them under the record sheets proves infeasible.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:06 pm 

This may be relevant to some people :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/96 ... ame-system

Also there's an accessory kit of pipes and other stuff made by Dave Taylor, not sure on the manufacturer though

Post subject: Mad Max Gaming?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:28 am 

Jacob and I got in 4 games last night, it's a really easy system to learn, and if you concentrate on just smashing each other the games are really quick! But once Jacob started actually playing for the mission in the last game, it became a lot more interesting and it went for a bit longer, which was cool.

I think the best moment was Jacob side-ramming my pick-up, which flipped right in front of my motorbike, which then plowed straight into it and blew up. It's got a really cinematic feel when things like that happen.

We talked about it afterward and we feel like there's a couple of things that need changing, like how the scenery and road cards move, and how terrible bikes are. It'll be worth play testing to see if they work.

***I was also reading the rules again on the train this morning and saw we did a couple of things wrong...
--you can't ram on a backwards 'brake' move.... if you come into contact with an enemy vehicle during your move while you are braking, they ram you! Which kind of makes sense.
--when you are the attacker and you ram someone, you use your starting damage points to roll for damage, while the defender uses their current damage. So a size 3 vehicle that has taken 2 damage ramming a size 2 vehicle that has taken 1 damage would roll 3 dice vs 1, and if they both survived undamaged and the size 2 rammed back, it would roll 2 dice vs 1.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next