[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
40k campaign after Skulls? - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:54 am 

I realise there is a slow grow league currently, and skulls in November; however, after skulls would there be interest in a thematic, fully narrative small campaign for 40k?

My current plan is to run an eight person map based campaign - 4 imperial, 4 chaos (although if there is sufficient commitment, the numbers can be increased, and ruinous powers and powers of order can be modified as interest dictates). Imperial assaulting a world that has been overrun by Chaos.

It would only be over about 3-4 weeks, I'm thinking smallish games (say 1000 points, no more than 1500 anyways), and trying to incorporate a bit of plantefall type stuff in the first game, a couple of normal games, and maybe a big multi player battle at the end?

It is still waaaaay open to what it might look like, but the idea of the narrative campaign is to try and have a start and an end to maintain interest. Maybe even 750-1000 point games, but try to get in 2 per club night?

I definitely want to incorporate some level of team discussion before the round starts (Imperial players and chaos players simultaneously secretly decide where they will attack/defend), but as I said - still very malleable.

Thanks!

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:01 pm 

Totally keen so long as it isn't too complicated. I can do either but I'd prefer to do Imperial.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:57 pm 

If my uni is over I'll be interested in dropping the plague bomb!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:09 pm 

I'd be keen! Was thinking about something similar myself after watching the narrative campaign MWG was running recently with their awesome Planetary Empires map.
I guess a couple games per night would be better. This way the effect from taking over areas and getting the strategic bonuses actually shows.
Can do either Imperials or Chaos.

Has anyone got the Planetary Empires expansion?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:04 pm 

I would definitely be up for this. I've got one set planets empire tiles including hive city tiles but I don't have building tokens

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:38 am 

This sounds awesome!
I have a very old and outdated imperial Guard force that is pretty poorly painted but if its possible I would really like to play with my orks!Im slowly doing them up for skulls and masters event! So if the player base does increase and your keen on having a random ork faction causing trouble for both sides then im your man!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:28 pm 

I'm actually in conversation with a club in the UK (the overlords) that has run a few narrative campaign days. The narrative part is what I am really looking at playing with.

I have a Planetary empires set (that I think is actually ed'bangers...) and will totally be using that to at least map it out.

I'll be sure to give people more information as I start working on it... but here is a teaser...

+++Incoming transmission: From Agriworld Perthenian IX+++
+++Message reads: Help!! We are attacked on all fronts, what the frak do they want here? We have nothing, I don’t understand. Send help, Emperor protect us, send HELP!!+++

+++Incoming transmission: Inquisitorial security clearance code Alpha Alpha Foxtrot Sierra Hotel +++
+++Message reads: They know. Emperor knows how, but they know. Send immediate support. The Emperor protects+++

Retaking Perthenian IX
In the Pacificus Region, Astralius Sector a small agriworld called Perthenian IX sits. On this small and unremarkable planet, the forces of Chaos arrived. From nowhere the four ruinous powers congregated. Crops burnt, streets ran red with the blood of innocent farmers, planetary defence personnel either died in vain, or gave themselves up to the new powers running rampant in the streets. Plague marines walked amongst the populace spreading disease; Tzeentch daemons gibbered in the halls of the nobles; Slaneesh cultists… well, did what Slaneesh cultists do, really; and Khorne followers slaughtered anything that moved.

Amongst all the carnage, one small area remained untouched. At the heart of the largest continent on Perthenian IX a small Outpost stood untouched. No one on the planet really knew what it was, as it had been there from the earliest days of terraforming generations ago. Not even the Ministorum knew its purpose; only that once a decade, a small shuttle arrived and landed inside, then left one year, to the day, later. All other attempts to enter the outpost were met with automatic defence systems that offered no opportunity for discussion or questions. Merely one warning shot.

It is at this point of carnage, with the four ruinous powers assembled, the inquisition became involved…

Although, I am open to building in some Orks there somewhere...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:59 pm 

So you have the other half of my planetary empires!!!!!

Let me know if you need the other half? You need some painting done? I'll smash out some tiles if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:36 pm 

Is there still any life in the idea of a campaign ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:57 pm 

There is life in the idea... Unfortunately my life has been pretty much a clusterexpletive for the last few weeks. I will regroup with myself and try to get something going in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry about that. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:29 pm 

Might be a good chance to try out my new raven guard army I'm building if this kicks off and I have the time!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable