[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Horus Heresy at Outpost? - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:52 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:45 pm 

Quote:
Imperial fist are loyal,

and traitor legions can be used as loyalist as some have loyalist characters
Yeah I know - I was baiting into a joke about Outpost being a den of traitors :lol:

I'm halfway through the HH novels. Thought I'd better make sure I know the lore before Skulls! So far Iron Hands are looking good to me too, purely on fluff, or Loken and Luna Wolves (if that's an option?)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:51 pm 

Oh I gotcha. Iron hands are also pretty awesome game wise. -1 strength to weapon shooting at them

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:20 am 

I had a look at the Alpha Legion rules, they're pretty cool. They run very similar to my 4th ed marines with all the possible infiltrating.

So tempting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:21 am 

I've just started building myself an Imperial Fists army, so I'll be keen to have a roll with it once enough of its put together. I've got a thread about my list here where I'm seeking advicehttp://www.westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30907

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am 

I'm really interested in starting a Heresy army, but am so poor.

I'm hoping that the new HH game coming out is NOT limited edition, and makes the process of getting some marines cheaper and easier. With Forgeworld for all the cool add on bits.

But we shall see...

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:26 am 

Quote:
I'm hoping that the new HH game coming out is NOT limited edition, and makes the process of getting some marines cheaper and easier
The word on the street is that it isn't going to be limited.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:37 am 

I am thinking that I might do ultramarines, but guilleman is just so average in comparison to the other primarch models,
Im also thinking about the sons of horus with Loken in as the leader :s
Im not so sure

Can anyone give me an idea of how different the different legions actually are?? Also if I was to get the betrayal at calth kit does it give enough models for a heresy army or am I looking at a pretty signifigant investment on top of this?

Do you think most people are going to buy in to this new Heresy erra board game for the models?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:43 am 

Quote:
Also if I was to get the betrayal at calth kit does it give enough models for a heresy army or am I looking at a pretty signifigant investment on top of this?
If you run all the tacticals as veterans, and the rite of war that lets you take veterans and terminators as troops then you can fluff the Battle of Calth box up to around 1500p on its own. More realistically its probably around 900-1000p. 30k works better in the 2500-3000p game size so yeah theres still a fair investment on top. But the box saves you a LOOOOOT of money.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:54 am 

yeah the money that is saved just on the 30 marines is good.

FW for 30 marines @24 pounds for 5 =144 + the 30 bolters @12 pounds for 10 = 36
were talking 180 pounds so about $390 au

well worth it as a starter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:09 pm 

So what would a 2000-2500 army look like, model count wise?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:16 pm 

Quote:
Can anyone give me an idea of how different the different legions actually are?? Also if I was to get the betrayal at calth kit does it give enough models for a heresy army or am I looking at a pretty signifigant investment on top of this?

Do you think most people are going to buy in to this new Heresy erra board game for the models?
I've enjoyed reading this page on 30k Legions, in general, which also has some (but not a lot) of additional information on individual Legions: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,00 ... _%2830k%29

If I can scrape the money together for a box, I would certainly like to get one just for the models. The price difference (once again!) between here and the U.S. is completely ridiculous. I'm considering ordering from the U.S. and having friends ship it here.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:19 pm 

After looking through this I think I might order 2 of the calth boxes and do ultramarines
That and a couple of forge world tanks , praetor invictus upgrade kit and Guilleman (on a different base)
should be a good enough

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:58 pm 

Quote:
So what would a 2000-2500 army look like, model count wise?
Ive played around with a few lists, and for 2000p a lot are only around 30-40 models, i guess if your plan is to really play up on the troops you could easily start the army with 80 tactical marines for 1000p, not entirely sure how effective that is though?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:04 pm 

not at all since they can only have bolters!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:20 pm 

But surely there is a place for bolter armed marines?

Otherwise wouldn't everyone just run support squads full of melta and plasma?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next