[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Horus Heresy at Outpost? - Page 5 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:26 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:53 am 

Current pre-order price is $265 from GW Oz.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:27 pm 

Yes as Tom said looks like ithe 320 was the price they were going to sell it, as visions is printed before WD weekly. So glad they set the sale price at the $265

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:00 pm 

I called Morley GW to see if they had some available that weren't pre-sold and he said they did. I asked if he could hold one for me and was told he could hold it until 1 pm on Saturday. I said, "Man, I'm gonna be in a 40k tournament all day Saturday. Can you hold it for me until Sunday?" He said he'd see where they were at by the end of Saturday and SMS to let me know if they had any left that I could get on Sunday.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:26 pm 

They are getting heaps in!
But yeah hopefully with skulls on they won't all go Sat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:36 am 

Quote:
Having seen the GW ones up close and having built and painted the FW ones, I can honestly say that the GW ones are far superior!
Yeah... Nah. I couldn't disagree more. Having seen the gw ones in person and currently working on fw ones. There is no comparison.

On another note, the 30k killteam sounds good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:58 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Having seen the GW ones up close and having built and painted the FW ones, I can honestly say that the GW ones are far superior!
Yeah... Nah. I couldn't disagree more. Having seen the gw ones in person and currently working on fw ones. There is no comparison.

On another note, the 30k killteam sounds good.
We'll agree to disagree....but you're wrong! Lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:32 pm 

I think a January start sounds good for an escalation league. Starting small would give HH newcomers a good chance to get across the game and build up a force.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:33 am 

So, I got my BaC box this weekend and have already started to look at what I'm going to do with it.

Anyone else get there's and start formulating plans?

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:42 am 

Just as a brief update to let folks know I haven't forgotten about this.

Thanks to Ken's recommendation that I look at more than just the army lists in the Horus Heresy books, I've discovered that there's a lot of good campaign material already laid out by our friends at Forge World. I'm going through it currently and making notes on how to fit it together for a Campaign Escalation League. I am very interested in starting it with the Victory is Vengeance skirmish rules as they seem like a lot of fun and a good way to start - frankly, we could run a league just with that by itself. I'm also thinking on at least one week during the League where we would be playing Zone Mortalis scenarios - I'm working out how to have that many Zone Mortalis tables and have a few ideas running. I'm working to figure out how to make it all flow together as the start of the League, though. Once I get things hammered out, I will let you all know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:46 pm 

the zone mortalis rules indicate you can play a 500 point game on both side on a 2' x 2'. I haven't tried that size table yet but given that most of the 1000 point games I've played only half the table has been used any way.

so based on the 2' x 2' table size we could get 4 tables (8 players) set up with the ZM boards I have.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:19 pm 

That would be pretty awesome.

And while it's less scenic, I was also thinking we could see how many people have Space Hulk tiles we could use or alternately use the Betrayal at Calth tiles, that way everyone could run identical scenarios - though that isn't absolutely necessary. Plus, playing with your ZM stuff would be way more fun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:20 pm 

Okay, so another update as I develop plans for the 30k Escalation campaign - after looking at the dates Outpost is open in 2016 and talking with Pete about Bolt Action, I think I'm going to try to run the 30k league on the fourth Tuesday of each month, starting in February.

December (aside from the Skulls Reunion game on the 1st) will be me experimenting with some things I want to try for the league. So, if you have ideas for scenarios or fun things you want to try in the 30k setting, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:14 pm 

For any 30k-interested folks, next Tuesday, I'm playtesting some Victory is Vengeance Kill Team scenarios for use next year in the 30k Escalation Campaign. So far, I've got 5 players interested - it'd be best to have even numbers, so if you'd like to play, take a look at my post under the Gamefinder heading. 30K models are encouraged, but certainly not required for this game - I'm happy for folks to proxy while we beta test the system.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:16 pm 

Guys guys!
I am really interested in 30k games!
Approximately at the end of February my army will be ready :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:36 pm 

Hey le_sphinx,

have a look a couple posts below this one (Escalating Treachery 30k league...). DBM is starting the league late February and you only need a few miniatures (~10) to get started.
Currently we have 10 players interested, so it should be easy for you to organise a game or two!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next