[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Location available for Outpost in January - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:40 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:33 pm 

Hey folks - I talked with UWA's UniGames gaming club today and they're happy to let us use the tables and terrain in Cameron Hall loft on our Tuesday dates in January (well, all but the 26th, which is Australia day, so I didn't ask for that one).

We're welcome to have our normal times there for Jan 5th, 12th, and 19th. I'm going onto campus later tonight, so I'll get a count on the number of tables that will roughly be available. I was reminded, though, that it doesn't have any cooling, so it probably will be hot as hell up there unless we get some unusually cool weather.

Address and directions to Cameron Hall are here: http://www.unigames.gu.uwa.edu.au/faq.php. It's above the UWA Tavern.

If anyone else finds a better venue, I'll let UniGames know that we won't be needing it, but Cameron Hall is available to us if we want it.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:26 pm 

Honestly, if you found a venue that a) could open earlier and b) wasn't as far from Morley, you'd see more of me for Malifaux.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:05 pm 

I'm confused. What is happening?

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:27 pm 

The south perth community hall is closed during January as I think they are resurfacing the floors. So Jacob has managed to organise a location to play at during the month of January. Thanks DBM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:15 pm 

Doh.

This could be a problem though - There are only 3 tables in the loft currently. They're pretty frickin' big tables. But there are only three of them. I'll talk to UniGames to see if they have any others to go up there.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:40 pm 

They appear to be streaming live from a number of webcams, so folks at home can see how our games are going!

Kinda creepy though...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:42 pm 

Quote:
They appear to be streaming live from a number of webcams, so folks at home can see how our games are going!

Kinda creepy though...
Hahahahaha - That only covers the University Computer Club room and the UniGames club's actual room. The loft where we'd be playing is above those rooms and does not appear to be streaming the RPG campaign that was happening earlier when I went in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:51 pm 

Quote:
Honestly, if you found a venue that a) could open earlier and b) wasn't as far from Morley, you'd see more of me for Malifaux.
But less of me! It's a pretty amazing venue, and it's not easy for everyone to get there by 7 let alone earlier. Can't please everyone...

Thanks for finding this place Jacob. I used to play there when I was at UWA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:42 pm 

Good job Jacob! As long as it is not resin melting hot we should definitely try it out to overcome this dry patch at Outpost.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:23 pm 

Thanks Jacob, great find.

Keep me posted if there will be enough tables to fit us all in!!!

The malevolent Over-Master Zhudhak Ironbull, famed for riding into battle on Abyss's most fierce Abyssal Dragon - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

Outpost6030 I challenge you!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:12 pm 

So, I don't think I can get things organised in time for this Tuesday, but I'm looking at us using the space on Tuesday, January 12th and 19th.

It would help, though, if I could get an idea of who is interested in using the space and what games they want to play so I can get an idea for table needs.

Additionally, I'm thinking for 40K players that since we are table-limited, instead of holding multiple one-on-one games, we instead use these nights for mega-battles - everyone brings 1000 points and split into two teams for the game (Thanks, Nathan, for the idea!) What do 40K players think about this?

Did anyone else come up with alternate (and air conditioned) locations to play at in January?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:22 pm 

I'll be in for both nights Jacob. 1000 points multiplayer games sound great.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:08 am 

I should be able to make it as well, will confirm a bit closer to the date.

I like the idea of multi-battles, as long as we also use some common sense in the selection, i.e. not necessarily mob-armies!?

An alternative could also be Northern Gamers (Westgamer Thread), I haven't been there myself, but keen to try it out. Reading through the thread, terrain seems to be 'an issue' but I guess we could just bring some along, same as mats? Being open from 10am to 5pm would be quite good for larger battles as well!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:54 am 

Outpost is on Tuesday's because not everyone can make Sunday? Its still an option but its not really outpost anymore is it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:38 am 

You are right, it's not an alternative for Tuesday night, but it's at least somewhere to play in the month of January if you can make it on a Sunday that is. Just a suggestion, nothing else ;-)