[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Location available for Outpost in January - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:12 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:54 pm 

I should be able to get there, what time are you starting?

Need a mat or terrain?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:48 pm 

Quote:
Yes I'm keen to play for sure!
Awesome!
Quote:
Yes I'll be there again. Same deal with force orgs?
Yep! Same deal.
Quote:
I should be able to get there, what time are you starting?

Need a mat or terrain?
Roughly Outpost time - 7:30. And while they have some terrain if you want to bring a mat and terrain, it would be terrific!

pm992 - Paul, you going to join us again?

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:24 am 

Yea, i'll be there.
I think my friend was also keen to have a game as well

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:20 pm 

Okay, so tonight we're looking at having:

- Death By Monkeys
- Sizzure
- pm992
- Stuart (UniGames)
- Steve
- Orange
- Nazgit the Exorcist

Am I missing anyone else?

1000 points like last week. I'll be bringing both a 1000 and 2000 pt list to help even things out if we need it.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:31 pm 

Cool, how big a table are we going to need? I only have one mat, and not that much terrain...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:41 pm 

6x4 is fine. That's what we played on last week. And between your terrain and what the club has, we'll be good. I mean, we had enough for a table's worth last week and there were a bunch of pieces we didn't use.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:47 pm 

Cool, though I'm rethinking the terrain given the weather, if I have to dash from my car to the hall!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:39 pm 

No worries if you dont want to bring it. We should have enough for the board.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 am 

Fun game last night Jacob, thanks for organising it!

My knight finally lived up to its 500-odd points and laid waste to units left, right and centre. I think I was most satisfied by killing the unit of 3 rippers with its flamer, heavy stubber and melta gun.

Though taking the last hull point off a raider with the heavy stubber was great too!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:00 pm 

Thanks for posting the pics, Peter! It was a very fun game even if the Xenos/Mechanicum team-up had a rough time against the Astartes Forces. And maybe it's because I was mostly down on the other end of the table and so not being targeted so much by the Knight, but, frankly, it seemed pretty reasonable - not terribly overpowered. Sure, you were doing some serious damage with it, but it's a big chunk of points. You should be able to do serious damage with it. But it never seemed to me to be enough of a threat that it was worth my spending more than a little effort trying to attack it. I was much more worried about Ken's Death Company Death Stars.

Thanks, too, for bringing the mat! It was great to play on!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 pm 

Yeah, it's not too bad, you an get two predators and 2 leman russ for that. The knight has a few advantages but I don't think one is too hard so long as the other army has some good anti tank. The guys I was across from didn't particularly! I might have had a harder time against the Skitarii.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:48 pm 

I don't think so - our entire army was extremely light on the anti-tank. My and Stuart's dark lances were nearly it, I think!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:13 pm 

My skitarii had a few haywire shots that could have done some damage.
Providing that they got within 12 inches that is...