OCTOBER 26th & 27th 2013
Ultimate Tournament Information
The Ultimate Tournaments are invitational events for the miniature wargaming hobbyists of WA where the best of the field for each featured game system can take part to compete for the honour of being the ultimate champion of the tournament season. Furthermore, the Ultimate Tournaments are about promoting the local tournament scene in WA and venerating those players worthy of their efforts in the hobby.
The Ultimate Warhammer 40,000 players consist of 14 contenders who have qualified by placing highly at other events during the year, and 2 "Wildcard" contenders who are nominated by the public and voted in by the event Judges. Wildcard nominations for 2013 will open on the 1st Sept (via a separate thread). Full details on the 2013 qualifying process for the Ultimates can be found here
- This is a Warhammer 40,000 event using the 6th edition rules.
- Army size is 1800 points. Special & named characters are permitted. An allied detachment may be used as per the 6th edition rules. Forgeworld & Imperial Armour rules and lists will NOT be in use at this event.
- 6 rounds of play over 2 days.
- Players will be matched randomly for rounds 1-3, and seeded according to current generalship ranking for rounds 4-6.
Upstairs function room, The Saint George Hotel,
2 Morris Rd, Innaloo
- Easy access by bus & a short distance from the train line (Stirling Station)
- Ample parking available available
- This is a licenced venue, and as such all attendees under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of their attendance.
Food & Drink
Attendees will have access to a fully licensed bar within the event function room (as well as in the main hotel area downstairs), and competitors aged 18+ may make full use of the facilities. There is also a fantastic lunch & dinner menu available to order from at the bar. There are plenty of places to eat available within short walking distance as well. Please note however, that food purchased from outside the hotel may not be brought back onto the premises.
Full details of the event are covered within the players guide available to download HERE
. A full event data pack including scenarios and scoring guides can also be downloaded from HERE
Qualifying players will be contacted individually regarding tickets for the event.
If you have any questions about the event, then either e-mail:
or post your questions here and we will endeavor to respond as quickly as possible.
2013 Ultimate 40K Contenders:
Key = [Invite Sent / Attendance Confirmed / Paid / List received]
#1 (2012 Champion) - Michael Basc
#2 - Aaron Wright
#3 - Christian Scott
#4 - Richard Owen
#5 - Alex Lebrun
#6 - Neil Sorensen
#7 - Oliver Paun
#8 - Mark Bruce
#9 - Matt Aird
#10 - Duane Nunn
#11 - Alex Danaford
#12 - Barry Earley
#13 - Matthew Bell
#14 - Troy Kealley
#15 (Wildcard) - Gary Danaford
#16 (Wildcard) - Nick Brookes
Unable to attend:
- Tom White
- Steve Harley
Let the countdown begin!