[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
WestGamer Ultimate Warhammer 40,000 2013 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

OCTOBER 26th & 27th 2013

Ultimate Tournament Information
The Ultimate Tournaments are invitational events for the miniature wargaming hobbyists of WA where the best of the field for each featured game system can take part to compete for the honour of being the ultimate champion of the tournament season. Furthermore, the Ultimate Tournaments are about promoting the local tournament scene in WA and venerating those players worthy of their efforts in the hobby.

The Ultimate Warhammer 40,000 players consist of 14 contenders who have qualified by placing highly at other events during the year, and 2 "Wildcard" contenders who are nominated by the public and voted in by the event Judges. Wildcard nominations for 2013 will open on the 1st Sept (via a separate thread). Full details on the 2013 qualifying process for the Ultimates can be found here.

Tournament Format
- This is a Warhammer 40,000 event using the 6th edition rules.
- Army size is 1800 points. Special & named characters are permitted. An allied detachment may be used as per the 6th edition rules. Forgeworld & Imperial Armour rules and lists will NOT be in use at this event.
- 6 rounds of play over 2 days.
- Players will be matched randomly for rounds 1-3, and seeded according to current generalship ranking for rounds 4-6.
Upstairs function room, The Saint George Hotel,
2 Morris Rd, Innaloo
Venue Information
- Easy access by bus & a short distance from the train line (Stirling Station)
- Ample parking available available
- This is a licenced venue, and as such all attendees under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of their attendance.

Food & Drink
Attendees will have access to a fully licensed bar within the event function room (as well as in the main hotel area downstairs), and competitors aged 18+ may make full use of the facilities. There is also a fantastic lunch & dinner menu available to order from at the bar. There are plenty of places to eat available within short walking distance as well. Please note however, that food purchased from outside the hotel may not be brought back onto the premises.

Players Guide
Full details of the event are covered within the players guide available to download HERE. A full event data pack including scenarios and scoring guides can also be downloaded from HERE.

Ticketing
Qualifying players will be contacted individually regarding tickets for the event.

Contacts
If you have any questions about the event, then either e-mail:

ultimate@westgamer.com

or post your questions here and we will endeavor to respond as quickly as possible.

2013 Ultimate 40K Contenders:
Key = [Invite Sent / Attendance Confirmed / Paid / List received]
#1 (2012 Champion) - Michael Basc
#2 - Aaron Wright
#3 - Christian Scott
#4 - Richard Owen
#5 - Alex Lebrun
#6 - Neil Sorensen
#7 - Oliver Paun
#8 - Mark Bruce
#9 - Matt Aird
#10 - Duane Nunn
#11 - Alex Danaford
#12 - Barry Earley
#13 - Matthew Bell
#14 - Troy Kealley
#15 (Wildcard) - Gary Danaford
#16 (Wildcard) - Nick Brookes
Unable to attend:
- Tom White
- Steve Harley
Let the countdown begin!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 am 

I assume all rulebook fortifications are allowed?

Will the new fortifcations released at the time of apocalypse be allowed?

They come with their own rules in the box (not in the apoc rulebook) and are 'intended for use in normal games of 40k' according to games workshop. Nowhere on the rules in the box does it state they are apoc only models. (except on one of them, which is clearly labled apoc only)

Their release only coincided with apocalypse. So I feel they are as 40k legal as any white dwarf supplement.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:18 am 

Providing I am still in a qualifying position at the end of next month, I will have to regretfully decline. I had Ultimates marked for the first weekend of November. I am registered for Tough Mudder on the 25th of October so won't be able to make it. I only got where I am on the strength of the White Dwarf update anyway so hopefully I can make it again next year. Good luck to everyone that does go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:00 am 

As I have no way of accessing the rules for said fortifications I believe they should not be allowed. It's the same situation as the farsight codex with regards to access

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 am 

Quote:
As I have no way of accessing the rules for said fortifications I believe they should not be allowed. It's the same situation as the farsight codex with regards to access
How so?
They exist in a hard copy form avail in every GW store?
Both inside the product and I believe the rules are also in the apoc book as well (I think)
Getting the ruled when you buy the model without even needing a book is about as accessbile as they can get.

I dont own any of them (nor intend to use them) but see no problem with others using them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I assume all rulebook fortifications are allowed?

Will the new fortifcations released at the time of apocalypse be allowed?
Rulebook fortifications are most certainly permitted.

As for the rest, we'll look into the issue and ensure a ruling is included in the players guide - which will be available to you all from 1st Sept.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 am 

Quote:
I can post a quick synopsis of the details available online if it would help. Despite impressive appearances, none of them have broken rules in 40K.
FWIW I don't mind if they are in or out; I don't intend to use them personally but similar to Aaron wouldn't mind others using them.
Quote:
Army size is 1800 points.
Now that on the other hand was a cruel, heartless act to force us all to decide what 50pts worth of toys to drop. Best not complain though or Luke will make it 1,750 :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
How so?
Both inside the product and I believe the rules are also in the apoc book as well (I think)
Getting the ruled when you buy the model without even needing a book is about as accessbile as they can get.

I dont own any of them (nor intend to use them) but see no problem with others using them.
But it's not accessible as I have to buy the model to see what it does despite not wanting or needing it... It's like the digital releases you complained about not having access too

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How so?

But it's not accessible as I have to buy the model to see what it does despite not wanting or needing it... It's like the digital releases you complained about not having access too
I complained because I can't buy the digital copy in store. I can't walk into a Games Workshop store in WA with $X and buy or order a farsight codex.

I can walk into a GW store with $X and walk out with or order, the rules for these fortifications (either in the apoc book or by buying the model)

So not the same thing at all

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:57 pm 

Given you are posting online you can buy the digital ebook right now... No store required.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:02 pm 

Quote:
Given you are posting online you can buy the digital ebook right now... No store required.
I still maintain that unless the rules are also avail in hard print, they are not official. Not a believer in all digital medium. You are welcome to disagree.

However in the end, TO's will make the call on an event by event basis and I will abide by their descisions regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:07 pm 

I agree, it's up to the TO.

That said, in an increasingly digital world... I disagree re the official nature of digital releases

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Not if you don't happen to own the appropriate device you can't.
Not everyone has access to a smartphone/tablet. That will continue to change in future, but we're not there just yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:34 pm 

Quote:
By that same logic, no rules are accessible as i have to buy the codex despite not wanting to start the army. ;)

I agree with Aaron that including the rules in the box is as accessible as it gets, and a first for GW. I don't know what most of them do so don't know if there is any broken stuff (the Firestorm Redoubt is funny in a Tyranid army, although at 200pnts... :roll: ), so in the end it's up to the TO.

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:59 am 
Site Admin

The tournament players guide is now available to download! (Link in the opening post.)