[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
40K Ultimates - Rules Discussions - Page 21 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:35 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:02 pm 

Tournaments have ruled both ways with regardess to grav guns, and ignore cover on tanks.

I think 50% of all the UK tournaments rule that grav guns dont get cover/invun saves on tanks, and that ignore cover doesnt work on tanks.

Both rules are really poorly written

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:35 pm 

Quote:
Fair enough, but for the record my own comments on the interpretation of several rules is genuine rather than an attempt to improve chances of success. Nothing personal there, it's obvious from dozens of forums that when it comes to grav guns and that infiltrating unit issue so do countless other players, and so do many TOs who have to go one way or the other. It comes with the territory, and its noone's fault but the chimps at the typewriters who don't understand many of their player base want FAQs more frequently than new Supplements.

Anyway, play on.
Perhaps GW should start charging for FAQs?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm 

Lol, I'd pay!
But let's hope not - someone in accounts would work out the worse they write rules, the more faqs people will order. It would be like... well; now :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:53 pm 

What actually does the Grav gun fire? Ie a lasgun shoots a laser. An autogin shoots a bullet etc. does it fire a ray?

Ie if someone was standing behind a wall a lasgun could hit the wall as bullet could. Would this grav gun not? And why would cover help a man but it wouldn't help a machine if they were behind the same wall?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:56 pm 

Will the results of these FAQs be compiled somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:04 pm 

Well i would argue that gauss ignores cover and invulnerables too right? 8)

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Will the results of these FAQs be compiled somewhere?
I'll have a summary with me on the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:29 pm 

Quote:
Seems legit

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:39 pm 

Quote:
What actually does the Grav gun fire? Ie a lasgun shoots a laser. An autogin shoots a bullet etc. does it fire a ray?
According to the codex grav-weaponary affects the local gravity field. So I guess to get a cover save the planet has to be 25% obscured :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:01 pm 

Quote:
Gauss inflicts a glancing hit on a 6, right?

You get cover and invun saves against glancing hits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:03 pm 

...and we're back to start of the roundabout!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:25 pm 

You get cover n inv save saves against glancing n penertrating results according to the rules.

But grav damage does an effect so no saves.

no roundabout needed its pretty straight forward in regard to how Luke has ruled/interpreted it...

easy fix dont use vechiles =)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:09 pm 

Taking a punt here I think only one or two people has actually taking a scouting bike/grav-gun list and as long as you don't face them you're pretty right ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:26 pm 

Quote:
Taking a punt here I think only one or two people has actually taking a scouting bike/grav-gun list and as long as you don't face them you're pretty right ;)
From neil's smugness I am even more confident that he is running white scars than I have been over the last 3 weeks (and I've been pretty confident, thanks to my spies around Perth) ;)

I think if he actually showed up with a pure grey knights force THAT would be the surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 pm 

Quote:
Tournaments have ruled both ways with regardess to grav guns, and ignore cover on tanks.

I think 50% of all the UK tournaments rule that grav guns dont get cover/invun saves on tanks, and that ignore cover doesnt work on tanks.

Both rules are really poorly written
Ah... welcome to the special world of Cruddace :) It took us Tyranid players 6 months after the codex release before the codex was even playable (The Doom, Trygon tunnels, Lictors etc etc etc...). At which point no one wanted to play it anymore :)

The SM codex is nowhere near as bad but you can still see random oddities there and there (I love that the Legion of the Damned is one of the only squads that can take heavy flamers, so that you can ignore cover while ignoring cover with your ignore cover).

Incidentally (saddly), Space Marine is my second army, and I was waiting for the update to maybe dust them off. Ironic! Anyways, will be quite interested to see what the majorities of TOs rule on Grav. Although call me cynical if you want, but I've got a feeling a FAQ will hit in 6months after they've sold enough Centurions ;)

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next