[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Ultimate 40K 2014 Aftermath! - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:18 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:23 pm 

Quote:
Whim of a to or what! Tom white getting a higher painting score than me, that's a joke thank god no more Ultimates
wow just wow did he just say that........no..........it sounds like some 3 year old who didnt get his favourite toy for christmas is posting on the forums......

but seriously i think this post is a huge kick in the teeth to first of all Luke and the ultimates team who worked extremely hard each year, and second of all to Tom i think his army look pretty dam good considering he smashed it out in a couple of weeks.
The way you are acting Bruce is that you got a really bad painting score, you got a pretty good painting score a score i think your army deserves and Tom only beat you by one point......get over it mate.
If you had actually taken the time to look at the ultimates painting guide (which is the same every year) you would have noticed you get a huge amount of points for conversions, and from what i saw of Toms army it had a large amount of conversion.
Next time if you dont agree with something maybe either A put a little more thought into your post so you don't come across as a childish sore looser or B just send the TO's a PM about you concerns.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:56 pm 

Quote:
I took a few photos (not many, as I was pretty busy) which I'll post in a separate thread shortly.

Jed (Exavia) was on site taking a bunch of shots with his much better equipment and very kindly offered to pass along a disc to me with the photos, so I'll drop him a line shortly to arrange that. Will post a selection when I have it - I suspect there were some really good ones there.
Look forward to seeing these - there were some amazing armies on display, especially in the Fantasy displays.

Had a great weekend and happy to finish with my best result yet. Well done to Richard for painting, Alex for general and Tom for overall. Thanks again for all your hard efforts over the years; thanks to Olly for running the 40K side brilliantly, and Simmo for his all round help again :) Had a great lineup of opponents too - really made for a fun tournament :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:59 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Whim of a to or what! Tom white getting a higher painting score than me, that's a joke thank god no more Ultimates
wow just wow did he just say that........no..........it sounds like some 3 year old who didnt get his favourite toy for christmas is posting on the forums......

but seriously i think this post is a huge kick in the teeth to first of all Luke and the ultimates team who worked extremely hard each year, and second of all to Tom i think his army look pretty dam good considering he smashed it out in a couple of weeks.
The way you are acting Bruce is that you got a really bad painting score, you got a pretty good painting score a score i think your army deserves and Tom only beat you by one point......get over it mate.
If you had actually taken the time to look at the ultimates painting guide (which is the same every year) you would have noticed you get a huge amount of points for conversions, and from what i saw of Toms army it had a large amount of conversion.
Next time if you dont agree with something maybe either A put a little more thought into your post so you don't come across as a childish sore looser or B just send the TO's a PM about you concerns.
Are toms army has mostly been painted for a while now, it was his summoned daemons that we're not part of the army. The 40k side of ultimates got next to no imput from mal. And I did look at the painting matrix, I did have some simple conversation maybe my kit bashing was to subtle to be noticed.
A there is no point bring anything up with this TO
B I smashed 50% of my army out in a couple weeks
C working hard on previous years don't excuse this year. Olie pulled the 40k side of things around that credit goes to him.
D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:22 pm 

thanks to luke and the team for a great tourny. congrats to all the trophy getters.

I think equal second for sports is probably one of my best showings in that category which I think is a reflection on how much fun I had. I am also looking forward to seeing the mentioned photos.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:33 pm 

Yea I was a bit confused when I saw the painting scores, I got less then last year with the same models plus new and nicely painted allies.

But meh, what can ya do after its done n dusted...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:14 am 

Well, i'm pretty happy with my result. Especially considering I made up the points with non-generalship areas.

Neil, I got 0.5 points less in painting that last year too. Not a big deal at all, but it's consistent.

If people are upset about the painting, i'd recommend marking yourself according to the matrix. See how you go, it might give you an idea as to how you got what you got.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:26 pm 

Yea I did a self assessment to see what I though I would get, but Olly kindly Pm'ed me to let me know it was that my Eldar put my White Scars to shame in the standards of painting...

Not surprising as the Eldar are new and my painting skills have developed.

So army wide consistence of painting and effort was the thing that pulled it down.

All good not that I was upset or annoyed, just confused.

So thanx again Olly. :)

And once again thankyou to Luke and all his helpers over the years for giving the WA community a great event. It shell be greatly missed and there are some massive shoes to fill.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 pm 

Ive put photos up in another thread, obviously without knowing the consternation that certain players felt.

I apologise for not posting/taking more photos. My focus was nearly entirely directed at Fantasy and Warmachine, and 40k was more "take it because i was there". Sorry for being a little biased.

Some of the photos turned out really badly, so i apologise for that too. My wife was f**king around with the camera and all the settings were jacked up didnt realise that until i uploaded the photos.

2012 Ultimates Warhammer - Best General
2012 Ultimates Warhammer - Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Not at all Jed - there's heaps in there that look great. Thanks for your efforts!