[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Quick March 2014 Results - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:07 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: Quick March 2014 Results
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:51 pm 

Quick March 2014
Overall Winner
Neil Sorensen (Grey Knights)

2nd Matthew Bell ( Eldar)
3rd Duane Nunn (Imperial Fists)

Generalship
Matthew Bell ( Eldar)

2nd Neil Sorensen (Grey Knights)

Sportsmanship
Barry Earley (Iyanden)

2nd Alexander Danaford (Necrons)
Equal 3rd Daniel Machaj (Blood Angels) & Duane Nunn (Imperial Fists)

Best Army
Daniel Machaj (Blood Angels)

2nd Marcus Banting (Orks)
Equal 3rd Barry Earley (Iyanden) & Duncan Cook Salamaners

Peer Voted Painting
Aaron Jorre de st Jorre (Blood Angels)

2nd Marcus Banting (Orks)
The complete results are available here.

Thanks to all of you who made the trip up, down or across to play at Quick March, we had 13 players.

Thanks to Alexander Danaford, Matthew Davey and Duncan Cook for helping setting up and tidying up.

Please post any comments or feedback here or pmail me if you prefer.

Thanks

Gary

Post subject: Quick March 2014 Results
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:14 pm 

Thanks Gary. I hadn't played a tournament for some time and had a lot of fun. I liked the 3 game format with 3 hours a game. Some good opponents too who helped make it a really good day overall. Hopefully you will host another soon as I see there aren't any for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm 

Robbed by half a point!

Another good tournament Gary, looking forward to the next one.

My only quibble is that we had just the 3 games. I know we were following the ATC format for timing, but 3 hours was way too much time. I would've preferred to rush through 4 games, than have 2 hours of downtime over the course of the day.

Big thanks to my opponents, and a big sorry about my army list.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm 

Ohhh, and the results have me listed as playing Blood Angels, instead of Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:08 pm 

Thanks to my opponents for 3 great games and Gary for running the event.
I do think time was about overkill but saw that a few players ran for nearly the full 3 hours. Usually 2 tables. So isn't too bad.
Looking forward to a 2 day event though in future. 8)

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 am 

Thanks for the feedback.

@Belly, Results corrected to show Eldar.

I guess the downside of taking a small optimised army is the downtime after crushing your opponents :wink:

Until this year our single day events were pretty much always 4 games per day. This meant a long day for players, a longer day for me and my crew and regular feedback that the rounds were not long enough.

With the advent of escalation and the impact of this on scoring for the Westgamer League and the overall decline in attendance at events, 3 game single day events have become more attractive to me. I can run the sort of games I would like to play and have my preferred 2000 point limit, there is slightly less work for me and it only really impacts on Westgamer scoring if we get 16+ players.

@Elysium
The three hour limit allowed most players to get at least 5 turns in, even the hoards!

As I mentioned above, 2000 points is the new standard for AWG for 3 round events. However Quick March 2014 was intentionally designed to allow players to get some ATC match practise and also to get some points on the league table. There are a few ATC regulars who are unavailable this year or are dropping off the ladder due to other interests or disenchantment with the current state of play in 40K. There are also some new names working their way up the ladder as well, so I thought why not.

2 day events are problematic, the diminishing player pool, the increased opportunity to play at events held by different clubs and the costs of hall hire makes single day events a more sustainable option in my opinion. I will certainly look at running them again but not until I have a better idea of the continuing level of interest in 40K.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable