[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
AWG Event Calendar 2008 - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:12 pm 

have you seen the heirophants rules!?!?! OMG - with beasts as well it will assault you turn 1!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:00 pm 

Yeah, if your silly enough to deploy 24" away, cause any Nid player would also take the stratigic asset that blocks line of sight for the first turn. 1st turn, 2nd turn, doesnt matter!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:14 pm 

Oh I forgot, no nids :shock:

No worries there will be tickets a plenty.

Even for nids :lol:

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:22 pm 

Just wondering if there is any news on the Fantasy Tournament? Last I heard was it might not be done on the 26/27 July weekend. Have you a format yet?

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:31 am 

Quote:
Good thing there are no more mass points! Least we can kill those nasties now!
Since when? Did I miss something?
Is this for 5th ed or some other tome I haven't clapped eyes on?
Last i checked, even in Apoc, even the trygon still had a mass point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 pm 

Imperial Armour Apocolypse overrides the IA books for use in Apocolypse games.

No more mass points at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:33 pm 

I just had a chance to compare these rules sets and they have killed the Trygon!
+10 points
+1 BS
No mass point
Has to trade its Biofield for fleet!
Not a 'beast'
many, many issues with the deepstrike rule...
etc

So it costs 10 points more and is a lot less powerful...compared to a Baneblade that got cheaper and better stats.

I will personally be asking friends to ignore the IA:Apoc rules, as they made it a deep striking carnifex...without guns...WTF

Normal IA was even clear about what happens when this thing deepstrikes on other units vs other super heavies (much more likely to happen in an apoc game). It was more clear and alot more useful. Besides, why in gods name would you take AWAY the mass point in an Apoc. game? It would make more sense to strip it in a 'normal' game.

I had heard this book was full of errors, now I just think its mad.

Now i need to check that it does over ride the rules...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:02 pm 

Jonah I agree removing mass points made squiggoths much easier to kill too. Let alone the other tyranid big beasties.

For the rules over-riding it is in the first few pages of the IA:Apoc book. Fairly sure at least... I am going from memory my book is in Aus!

Though that being said, it is still an incredible model for its points. Yes not as good as it was, but then a lot of things aren't. Probably for good reason! I remember wyldcarde charging a trygon with a full troupe of harliquins and not being able to remove the mass point at all! Even with kisses and rending!

The other thing to remember and a likely reason for the changes is 5th ed. GW has likely been sitting on 5th ed for a while (speculation!) as is obvious with the eldar codex allowing wraithguard as troops, orks and darkangels ability to modify the org chart etc. It wouldn't surprise me if IA:Apoc was written with these in mind also...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:31 am 

Quote:
Just wondering if there is any news on the Fantasy Tournament? Last I heard was it might not be done on the 26/27 July weekend. Have you a format yet?
Sorry Vesh,

This post slipped under the radar :oops:

Unfortunately the fantasy tournament has been cancelled :cry:

Due to the booming economy (everyone’s working that weekend), religious extremists (the hall is booked on every Sunday prior) and the proximity of other events, it was impossible to stage the event in July.

I am currently working on our October event (which won’t be cancelled as I have already booked the hall and organised time off work), and I am toying with the idea of running fantasy alongside 40k.

I am also waiting on work to post my new rosters which start in August, to determine if a suitable weekend is available prior to Ultimates to run a 1 day fantasy event similar to Mayhem.

In lieu of the Tournament this month AWG will be opening for extra hours on the following weekends.

Saturday 12 July 2008 from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Saturday 19 July 2008 from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm.

Though the focus is likely to be on 40K, everyone is welcome. Though a Leman Russ may be more appropriate than a Steam Tank on the 19th :wink:

I also hope to have some surprises organised for those days :evil:

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:28 pm 

Quote:
I just had a chance to compare these rules sets and they have killed the Trygon!
+10 points
+1 BS
No mass point
Has to trade its Biofield for fleet!
Not a 'beast'
many, many issues with the deepstrike rule...
etc

So it costs 10 points more and is a lot less powerful...compared to a Baneblade that got cheaper and better stats.

oh, but they are much much more than their mass point...
all gargantuans now can move and charge 12 inches! if you have a 1 gargantuan, it will be picked off. but you have 2 or 3 1 or 2 will get through...ah ha h ha!!

before hand they used to get mobbed by masses of dudes with a hidden pow fist supporting. or get bogged down by cheap dudes. But now they can get an attack for every dude within 2 inches and cant be stuck in combat!! last apoc tourney i was in combat with 15? blood letters. i stomped most into paste! for most things, on a 4+ your dude is insta killed...ah ha ha ha!!

biofield...when did that ever save a trygon from death?

Now they can tank shock. 3 garg creatures with 4 screamers backing them up can push whole armies off the board. sure they can be shot at, but just get the hive power that forces leadership tests with screamers to help out.

i love my gargantuans. the trygon is the best of them all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm 

Quote:
Sorry Vesh,

This post slipped under the radar :oops:
No probs... it kinda got hijacked by 40K talk...
Quote:
Unfortunately the fantasy tournament has been cancelled :cry:
Bugger!
Quote:
Due to the booming economy (everyone’s working that weekend), religious extremists (the hall is booked on every Sunday prior) and the proximity of other events, it was impossible to stage the event in July.

I am currently working on our October event (which won’t be cancelled as I have already booked the hall and organised time off work), and I am toying with the idea of running fantasy alongside 40k.
Awesome. I think, what were the dates for that again?
Quote:
I am also waiting on work to post my new rosters which start in August, to determine if a suitable weekend is available prior to Ultimates to run a 1 day fantasy event similar to Mayhem.
That'd be sweet. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that - I assume you'd make every effort to make it a qualifying event as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:41 pm 

Quote:
That'd be sweet. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that - I assume you'd make every effort to make it a qualifying event as well?
That is the plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:11 pm 

Fantastic. I'll be sure to get my ticket... If I'll be in town for that day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:38 pm 

Hey Gary,I`ve got permission off the minister for war and finance to come (though it means having to take the miny me to the wiggles concert)and I`ve booked holidays off the boss -so expect to see my Iron Warriors wth a few surprises.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 pm 

That'll be great, it's been awhile since I've seen the Iron Warriors in action.

Gary