[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
may 40k tourney? - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:54 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:56 am 

Quote:
Cheese is really subjective, but I guess in this discussion refers to the use of the most powerful units from multiple army lists.
This is basically what I've been on about. I don't mind facing super heavies/gargantuan creatures (in apocalypse it would be criminal not to take some), it's just when people take the cream of multiple armies without any hint of a theme that I don't like.

I didn't attend last years tournament so I'm just going off what I experienced the year before (and I didn't even last the complete tournament then!) so I would love to be proven wrong on this point and see that most people do take themed armies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:17 am 

Hard to say (it was my first try of Apoc, and one of my first tries of 40K in general), but one thing I can tell you for sure:

Most people were just there to play for fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:23 pm 

Yes it was a shame that you were unable to play the last game. I hope you are able to attend this year.

I am in the process (a very slow process) of organising the information and images of the previous Armourdales into something I can use to support this year’s event. I will have a go at producing some statistics on the armies used. Being a hoarder I have the paperwork still.

This army may look familiar. It is atypical of the majority of the forces used this year, but certainly a fun army to play against and to play 8)

Black Templars and Steel Legion Imperial Guard 2007

HQ: Chaplain Grimaldis, Hero of helsreach + 3 cenobyte servitors (195) 195 points

HQ: Emperors Champion - uphold the honour of the emperor (10) 100 points

TROOPS: Crusader Squad - 5 Black Templar Initiates (80), 1 with crusader seals (2) 82 points

FAST ATTACK: Sentinel (35)- Armoured Crew Compartment (15), Lascannon (20) 70 points

FAST ATTACK: Sentinel (35)- Armoured Crew Compartment (15), Lascannon (20) 70 points

HEAVY SUPPORT: Basilisk (100) - Armoured Crew Compartment (20), Indirect Fire (25) 145 points

HEAVY SUPPORT: Basilisk (100) - Indirect Fire (25) 125 points

HEAVY SUPPORT: Leman Russ (140) - Lascannon (15), Heavy Bolters (10) 165 points

HEAVY SUPPORT: Leman Russ Executioner (165) - 3x Heavy Bolters (15) 180 points

SUPER HEAVY: Mars Pattern Warhound Scout Titan (750) - Plasma Blastgun, V.M .Bolter 750 points

SUPER HEAVY: Black Templar Thunderhawk Gunship (900) 900 Points Last transmission: "encountering long range ack ack, pushing through, Oh sh........" Signal terminated at source :o

SUPER HEAVY: Hellhammer (500)- Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (12) 512 points

SUPER HEAVY: Marauder Destroyer (425) - 2x Hellstrike Missile (20) 6x bombs (60) 505 points

APOCALYPSE: Hydra Flak Tank (200) 200 points

3999 POINT TOTAL

YEEE HAAA!!!

Cheers

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:33 pm 

Quote:
SUPER HEAVY: Black Templar Thunderhawk Gunship (900) 900 Points Last transmission: "encountering long range ack ack, pushing through, Oh sh........" Signal terminated at source :o
Geeze! No need to rub it in! I think that was the highlight of my tournament though. What are the chances?!!

Alright. You've convinced me to do my best to attend this year. Anyway, my Fortress of Arrogance is nearly complete and where else is it going to get a good run out?