It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Warlord Game System
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm 

I've seen these miniatures on the back wall of Tactics and was wondering whether there was a local wargaming group in perth that supports this system? I currently don't have the time to finish my warhammer army (especially after 8th ed Horde rule benifets) and am looking for a lower model count fantasy game :)

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Warlord Game System
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:14 pm 

The rules are a bit... complicated (a bit like he Field of Glory books sitting on my shelf). I've purchased and assembled a lot of the miniatures though, and I can say that they are fine, there are also the Immortal plastics for Greeks and the GBP plastics, which are really good value for money and very easy to build and rank up for multi-parts).

As for the game engine - like Field of Glory, it's less about each model and more about the status of the unit, making it a bit more abstract. I purchased my lot to use with Warhammer Ancients, and I am dead keen on Rick Priestly's/The Emperor's new engine, Hail Caeser! (which looks to be a hoot).

I'm confident that all these systems are/will be played by the Napoleonics crew, who may be able to provide better/more specific information.

Post subject: Re: Warlord Game System
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:45 pm 

All my mates are getting itchy trigger fingers waiting to pre-order Hail Caesar. It's going to be huge and it looks good if you guys are giving it a go.