[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Fantasy Football Fields Order for Sandgroper - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:31 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 pm 

Quote:
Since we are paying the 60 Euro full customisation price anyway, would it be possible to get a Sandgroper Cup 6 field but with our team's name in one of the endzones? Am I pushing the boundaries too far?
No worries. Just let me know what you are after and I'll send it to them.
Quote:
If it is possible to get one thing changed on it I'll jump on board but I know its a bit of a strech. Is it possible to get the scatter template in each half, like on the zlurpbowl board where it is centralized on "the square". I have found this an awesome little adjustment and since its just an image I can't image it being too hard?
Should be. Is this on a Sandgroper or standard pitch?
Quote:
Actually,

Can we get the scatter template numbers to be in the same order as the standard one? The one in the picture increases as you go around but the actual one is more of a ..
Quote:
1 2 3
4 x 5
6 7 8
I think? I'm happy with it being where it is in the picture. I'm not sure the score counter going up to three will be enough though :p (for my opponents.)

Joel
Probably I'll put it to them.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:58 pm 

Anyone have experience with this type of board? Are their advantages to the puzzle type vs the rolling type?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:05 pm 

Quote:
Anyone have experience with this type of board? Are their advantages to the puzzle type vs the rolling type?
Haven't actually seen them in person yet. I know Bruno has one, so I'll let him comment.

I'll be ordering a rollup one, just because I think it'll be easier to store (in a tube) and carry around. The down side is that if your table isn't wide enough it will overhang and not be usable. The jigsaw ones would over come this, but I do wonder how tough a card it is and will the jigsaw bits break? All hypothetical, as I say I haven't seen one yet.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 am 

It would be on a sandgroper one, roll out, only thing to make certain is the scatter templates line up in both halves like the zlurpbowl one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:08 am 

yeah the rollables need to be in a tube, mine took a bit of a beating travelling just rolled up. The puzzles are sturdy. If stored well they shouldnt get wear and tear that would render them poor to use.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Since we are paying the 60 Euro full customisation price anyway, would it be possible to get a Sandgroper Cup 6 field but with our team's name in one of the endzones? Am I pushing the boundaries too far?
No worries. Just let me know what you are after and I'll send it to them.
Quote:
If it is possible to get one thing changed on it I'll jump on board but I know its a bit of a strech. Is it possible to get the scatter template in each half, like on the zlurpbowl board where it is centralized on "the square". I have found this an awesome little adjustment and since its just an image I can't image it being too hard?
Should be. Is this on a Sandgroper or standard pitch?
Quote:
Actually,

Can we get the scatter template numbers to be in the same order as the standard one? The one in the picture increases as you go around but the actual one is more of a ..
Quote:
1 2 3
4 x 5
6 7 8
I think? I'm happy with it being where it is in the picture. I'm not sure the score counter going up to three will be enough though :p (for my opponents.)

Joel
Probably I'll put it to them.
I'll take one Sandgroper 6 rollable field for 60 euros if I can get (without the quotes and in the same font as the rest of the board) "Whip-Smart" in the endzone on the same side as the witch elf head and the scattter template in the standard order as posted above, ie:
Quote:
1 2 3
4 x 5
6 7 8
If I can't get this for 60 Euros, I'd settle for the exact same board but with the correct scatter template. If I can't get the correct scatter template I'm not interested.

P.S. I was sooo interested in the puzzle peice one but I haven't seen enough responses to justify going against the rollable one I saw at the recent tourney I attended.

Joel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:45 pm 

though it would be awesome to have a nice pitch I'll pass due to finances being tight, just thought to say you should flip the logo on the SG6 pitch as it will be the same way as all the writing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:40 pm 

Do they have a passing template to go wit the board, or is it just a generic passing template? If it goes with the board I'll definately take one. If it is a generic, is there a picture somewhere?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 pm 

I'll take a throw o' meter, even if it isn't sandgroper custom.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:44 am 

Oh yes sign me up for a passing template too!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:04 pm 

I will take a throw-o-meter but it does say min order of 20 so maybe get a SGC6 template or even a brawl custom jobbie?

Can at least then use some as prize support or fundraise with them?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:47 pm 

I will be putting this all together tomorrow to send off to them, and get exact costings. So if anyone else is interested let me know by then.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Haven't actually seen them in person yet. I know Bruno has one, so I'll let him comment.

I'll be ordering a rollup one, just because I think it'll be easier to store (in a tube) and carry around. The down side is that if your table isn't wide enough it will overhang and not be usable. The jigsaw ones would over come this, but I do wonder how tough a card it is and will the jigsaw bits break? All hypothetical, as I say I haven't seen one yet.
I can answer this :)

The jigsaw boards are done on a stiff plasticard that's reasonably thick, I'd say it's very durable and I have no concerns over it creasing or bending (or the jigsaw bits breaking off). Personally I prefer it because I kept all my gear in a single crumpler bag and that fits the rigid puzzle board nicely, a tube for the roll up field would have meant another item to carry.

That said, the rollable fields are lighter and still very sturdy. If you don't mind carrying a tube around they're probably the better choice. I also wouldn't be concerned about overhang as long as you're not talking about a LOT of overhang (in that case you could probably play the field sideways anyway).

Either way these boards are really good quality and design, I can highly recommend them. I'll also be bringing along a Euc Bowl field to the tournament for anyone curious, those are rollable like the FF-Fields ones but are printed fabric with a rubber back which I find makes them grip the table better and is a bit easier on the paint jobs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:54 am 

can anyone buy a eucbowl pitch or are they only on sale at the event?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:24 am 

Anyone can buy one and either arrange for a friend to collect at the event or I can organise postage if needed