[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
The Early Word: fresh, moist, steamy tech. Hot off the press - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Re: Life is tough...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:48 pm 

So where do we all think exigence leaves trolls as far as 2 list pairs?

- Will Gunnbjorn with double highwaymen and D&S be a thing?

- Will Calandra be the new TK and croes combo?

- Who are you playing horgle with?

- Where do the exigence releases leave lists like MMM, runes, and family reunion?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 am 

Double highwaymen for days... 16 points for 40cras is ridiculous....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:05 pm 

What's the Early Word?

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:15 pm 

my only two troll casters have been egrissel and egrim so I cant speak for others but have loads of games with these two.
they are both fantastic. egrim combined arms, egrissel meat mountain skew.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:22 pm 

I'm very interested in trying out eGrim with the highwaymen.

What was your list, Anthony?

I remember it really had my zaal list on the ropes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:35 pm 

Quote:
So where do we all think exigence leaves trolls as far as 2 list pairs?

- Will Gunnbjorn with double highwaymen and D&S be a thing?

- Will Calandra be the new TK and croes combo?

- Who are you playing horgle with?

- Where do the exigence releases leave lists like MMM, runes, and family reunion?
my opinion FWIW:
I think exigence extends what they started with the last book - extending the trolls in to a ranged game. Its been on the cards since egrims theme force hinting at bandits. While exigence may give gunnbjorn more game all of the same releases turn EGrimm even more obscene.

I cant wait for the bandits and graylen to drop as they fit perfectly into my EGrimm list (swapping them out for a heavy). I was beast heavy anyway so dropping a blitzer also means I dont need the whelps so a straight points swap.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:16 am 

Apparently trolls were always supposed to be the ranged faction for hordes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:27 am 

Well, haven't posted here for a while, but I finally have my sentinels so I will now :)

Since we found out their stats, I've wanted to play this list:

pMorghoul
- Sentinel
- Sentinel
- Molik Karn
- Gladiator
- Cyclops Brute
- Cyclops Raider
- Basilisk Krea
Willbreaker
Willbreaker
Min Paingivers
Min Paingivers

Except for a couple of proxy games over a year ago, I hadn't played it until last night where I got two games in.

First one v Ryan (Thyra) one of them one shorted Durant with puppet master and snipe, then morghoul feated and pushed forward hard. He used an admonition move to get b2b with a sentinel with his animus up making him def 19 to most things. Ryan charged him with three flamebringers needing boxcars on non-charge attacks or double 5s on a charge attack to give me grievous wounds stopping transfers. He got boxcars on I think his second or third last attack, then the blood of martyrs put him into the dirt D: it was a nice assassination to watch though :)

Second game v Michael (Family reunion) we grinded it out for ages. IF boom howlers with the chronicler are no joke. The boomies don't do enough damage themselves though and the sentinel animus was doing work keeping morghoul safe and making the brute and themselves doubly annoying to deal with. Molik and sentinel shots took care of most of the champs, with morghoul killing a few boomies a turn with puppet master and the krea animus. After a while Michael sent Borka in to deal with the brute on his feat turn to get up to 3 cp's. The next turn I had a sentinel two hand throw Gudrun at an iron fleshed Borka who was out of range of the keg carrier after charging the previous turn. I rolled snakes for the Str check, but Michael rolled a 1 too lol. Some Paingivers topped up the one beast in his command to prevent transfers, then a sentinel took a free strike (who cares) and shot him, dropping him to 6 before morghoul tickled him to death. There's something satisfying about getting to a warcaster, adding up their health points and saying "take 8 tough checks". Good game though.

It showed me that the list is super tools-y even with a dead feat. Also, the sentinel animus is easily spread round to cover other things and def 13 is that point where opposing beasts really need to start boosting attacks to make sure they hit. Loving the list so far. If anything, I might swap one willbreaker for an extoller or orin down the track, and MAYBE the brute and krea for a soldier, but so far I'm really happy with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:05 am 

Just realised this was my trolls thread before I changed the title :lol:

Orwell, now it's just some ice-cold, fresh, delicious tech from the top of a snow-capped mountain. Skorne flavour. The kind mum used to make.