[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Paddles List Prep and Battle Reports - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:54 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:32 pm 

I've been working on lists that I want to practice for an Iron Gauntlet Event. I also wanted 2 of the lists to be a good pair to take to masters. I thought I'd start up a blog to share my experiences and thoughts.

1st list
High Reclaimer
-Devout
Max Vengers
Max Bastions
Max Idrians with UA
Min Errants with UA
Aiyana and Holt
Gorman
Eeiryss
The Covenant of Menoth

2nd list
3 Kreoss
-Heirophant
-Devout
-Templar
-Templar
-Rekoner
-Redeemer
Min Errants with Ua
Min Choir
Vassal
Vassal
Mechanic
Vilmon

3rd list
P Severius
-Heriophant
-Blessing of Vengeance
-Redeemer
-Repenter
Tristran Durante
-Rekoner
-Redeemer
Max Errants with UA
Rhoven and Co
Vassal
Mechanic
Wracks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 pm 

On the weekend I went to a 50 pt standard Death clock Steam Roller. I came 6th out of 22 with going 3 - 1. I took high reclaimer and 3 kreoss.

1st round - Incursion Convergence Axis Tier vs 3 kreoss.

We have played this game before, our local press ganger has been playing convergence exclusively since the battle box came out. I won roll off and I pick first turn. I know how hard it is to maintain scenario against his list so going first to prevent him first turn feating and pushing me out is key. The 3 heavies go in the middle with the rekoner on the right hand side. devout to right flag, redeemer and 3 kreoss between the right and centre flag. support behind those models and vilmon behind the heavies.

He does his standard deployment. Axis and jacks central with foundrys. Then his units deployed in pairs, spray guys with shield guys. Angels on flanks.

1st turn Menoth-
I allocate 1 to each jack and get out warpath and holy ward the errants. 3 kreoss charges up. everythign runs. There's a forest near the left flag where the errants run with 1 model within 4 inchs of flag and the rest in self sac range in 3 inchs of forest.

1st turn CoC -
He runs everything and full camps axis. The only models that walk are the shield wall guys.

2nd turn Menoth -
I allocate 1 to rekoner and 3 to redeemer. Upkeep warpath and holy ward. Heirophant Harmonius 3 kreoss, 3 kreoss pulls off wrakc, ride by's 0 inchs and crevasses 1 spray guy. Hits and kills, sprays 2 others missing 1 and killing the other. Then ride by back to the right hand side. Rekoner walks up, boosts to hit the foundry in cover, hits, he opts not to shield guard because of the focus sitting on the redeemer. No damage rolled double 1's, vassal walks and ancilary attacks rekoner at 2nd foundry, hits, flares and does 1 pt. Redeemer walks, shoots damaged foundry, shield guards, buys and hits, boost damage and kills, warpaths rekoner back 3 inchs ( ialso killed 2 models in the blast and gave him 2 souls. Buy on other flared foundry, hits, does 1 or 2 pts. 2nd vassal enlivens rekoner.

Devout walks up to contest. Errants try and shoot down angels all missing. Templars are out of contesting range on middle flag. Vilmon walks up and does impervious wall within 4 inchs of middle flag.

2nd turn Coc-
No allocation. He feats with axis. Catches 1 templar and 1 rekoner and vilmon in the feat. He charges off the unit on the right hand side into the devout. Defensive strike misses on one of the guys with axis feat bonus. He deicdes to go for 7's to hit, 5 guys with 3 having the feat bonus. hits them all and scraps the devout. Foundry brings back an angel to bump the right angel unit up to above half strength, angels run to score on right flag. Middle unit charges tempalr and engages vilmon, does 10 - 12 pts to the templar and doesn't take out any systems, only had 3 charges. On the left hand side he kills half the errants but doesn't manage to score. 1 pt to CoC.

3rd turn Menoth - I drop all the upkeeps give 2 to the redeemer. Heriophant runs up for the extra range on spells. 3 kreoss feats, ignite on rekoner, holy ward on redeemer, warpath on self and deathsentece into the spray guys, hits. charges right hand unit, kills 1 with impact attack and kills with initial and buys 1, then crevasse's spray guys RFP'ing 4, sprays the rest of the unit he's enaged with and RFP's 3 more. Rekoner aims and shoots guy contesting flag and kills. Redeemer walks shoots last angel, hits boosts blast, kills and warpaths onto right flag to score a pt. I made a mistake here in killing more of the shield wall guys with the templars, i gave him souls when i could of just walked into contesting range. enliven goes on templar and rekoner. errants run to jam spray guys. vilmon does impervious and stone and mortar.

3rd turn Coc. - He explains that he feels as thou he's on the back foot, the right flank has collapsed for him and I still have 3 functional heavies which with is feat gone leaves him without the ability to do much damage. Also we are tied at 28 mins left on the clock so he can't try and clock me out. The corroalry fuels up the left hand heavy and inducts to the right. The infantry engaging the templar shuffle over and bog up vilmon. Left heavy charges templar inducts to right templar. Left heavy trashes the damage templar, hand of vengence is a thing I guess. Right heavy charges Redeemer and manages to get the angle to be base to base with the flag. He needs 7's to hit the redeemer because of holy ward, he only has 1 focus after the charge, he decides to roll 7's, hits all 3 and rolls bonkers on the damage, this heavy didn't have the vengence bonus. leaves the redeemer with movement and 6 boxes. The 1 remaining dude from the far right unit decides to man mode it and channel some super saiyan powers, charges redeemer hits the 8 and then rolls the 14 on 3 dice to kill. He scores the pt there and the pt on the left flag. He goes to 3 pts.

Menoth Turn 3- I didn't think he would be able to score twice in his turn without having to spend resources, axis is still on full camp. I need to contest the left hand flag, i decide my only chance of holding it is to run and warpath the rekoner. 3 kreoss charges the right heavy with 3 focus and leaves it on 4-5 pts I think. I gave focus to the templar to kill his left heavy. Fail to score on that flag and the rekoner ends up being a quarter of an inch short on the contest. he scores in my turn and scores in his.

Awesome game, we were both sweating bullets, was a neck and neck scenario race. I ended up RFPing 11 models all up. I had only lost 21 pts.

On thinking back i should of enlivend the redeemer and it would of put my in a position to win. He only had 1 infantry and the 1 heavy in range so he couldn't of boxed and if he slams he doesn't get to kill, he also has to roll a 6 to possibly knock me out of contesting. 1 enliven cost me 1 CP.

RD 2 to next.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:33 pm 

#60%

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable