[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Could a Storm Strider fit on a 50x150mm rectangular base? - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:49 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:26 pm 

Hi people

I’m thinking about conversion options for creating a Ratkin “warlock on arcane death engine” for kings of war. This unit is monster sized and should fit on a 50mm by 150mm rectangular base. I rather like the idea of a skevened-up storm strider, but have no idea if it would fit on the required base. What do you think? How much (if any) work would be needed to make it fit?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:42 pm 

Do you mean the Warmachine Cygnar storm strider? If so, it would be hard to get it to fit on a 50mm wide base. Maybe if you raised its rear right (looking at the photo) leg above the ground, with two on either corner of the base it could work? Not sure hoe stable it would be. That base it is on is 5" (almost 130mm)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:50 pm 

Yep that’s the one.

Hmm if that’s 120mm things may be tricky indeed. Could the ‘turret’ be rotated at all? If so I might be able to get three of the legs on the base, have one hanging off the side, and then rotate the ‘turret’ so it still faces forward.

Is the total base 120mm (including the outer rim), or is it the internal sanded area that’s 120mm? If the 120 includes the outer rim I might be able to get it on a 75x150……its not like anyone will care, its not supposed to get into combat anyway…….its supposed to blast things with EPIC LIGHTNING!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:53 pm 

Yeah its the outside that is 120mm. I think it would be difficult to get it on there without looking silly, the storm strider is a LOT bigger than a doomwheel.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:13 pm 

What do you think the minimum base width would be while still keeping the look sensible and the model stable……..I’m pretty set on this idea now that I’ve had it lol

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable