[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Batman Miniature Game 2nd ed, BatDay1 photos on page 6 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:03 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 am 

So, there is an actual physical rulebook coming out and it is amazing!! The new 2nd ed rules will still be available online once the book is out, which is any day now. For anyone who attempted to read any of the previous English editions, this one is the real deal, written by Mark Latham of White Dwarf fame it is truly an impressive rulebook.

The game itself is more cinematic than most games I have played (and that is a lot) all the characters special abilities are very much in tune with what they are in either the comics, movies, tv shows or video game. The game is alternative activations and scenario driven. There are several objective pieces that are interactive, such as Titan.

Most games run at 350Rep (the games term for points) and elite characters such as Batman run at around Rep, while a Police Officer may be 20Rep.

and the minis.......some of the best minis around IMO, but they are created from the same Spanish gene-pool as Infinity models, so what else would one expect. The main catalogue of models are from the Arkham video games, Nolan Movies and Arrow TV show with other characters appearing all the time with monthly new releases.

some previews from the new book:

I managed to visit the Knight Models studio last week so I will be posted more in this Blog-like thread as I assemble and paint my new Arrow gang.

http://www.knightmodels.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:55 am 

Got my copy coming, now just need to actually play more than once per year

Captain Ignatius, Doombringers 3rd Company

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:42 pm 

Quote:
Got my copy coming, now just need to actually play more than once per year

haha I hope to play more, now there is a rulebook and the dreamy Arrow :oops: I am keen to get my Arrow crew up and running.

TGA is possibly the only venue I can make it to currently

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:46 pm 

you will have to teach me , I have a whole joker crew and I haven't played a game yet :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:21 pm 

we should organise a batman day on a Sunday then, also Simmo do you know if the rules have changed much with this edition?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 pm 

Quote:
we should organise a batman day on a Sunday then, also Simmo do you know if the rules have changed much with this edition?
I havent noticed any huge changes to the game, some new gangs and so forth......perhaps a Batman day in April?......being the selfish guy I am I have WMH Perth Champs eating up my March Hobby allowance :mrgreen:

Jarrod, I also grabbed some of Knight Models MDF terrain for Lunch games and I will be getting some more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 pm 

somewhat limited to Tuesdays once a fortnight due to uni commitments and work, but sounds good. Also did you pick up the Joker limited edition cover?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:35 pm 

Definitely in for a Batman day. Cant wait for the new goodies to arrive though may take you up on a lunch time game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:52 pm 

Batman day in April sounds good

Captain Ignatius, Doombringers 3rd Company

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:38 am 

Well, peeps have started receiving their books globally, so yay!! I can add some stuff.

There is a Wonderland gang and Organised Crime gang listed in the new book!!! Yay Mad Hatter and Falcone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 pm 

April 19th is looking like the day to run this.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:57 pm 

I'm pretty sure that's my wife's baby shower.
So hells yes!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:21 am 

I think the weeks before is Easter and the week after is Anzac weekend. So it seems like a nice fit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:19 pm 

I confess it has renewed my interest (to the point I'm annoyed I sold off all my models before!!!)

So what factions are people going for in Perth? I think I'm hearing:
- Joker
- Arrow

What else?

I do have some questions about the book. Does it give info on all the current figure?

Does it cover all the rules (I downloaded the free pdf and all the cards. It looks like Red Hood has a trait called "Agile" but I can't find it anywhere in the .pdf. Same goes for his weapons having Firearm trait - couldn't find anything special about Fire-arms anywhere).

Also how does it deal with multi-faction Leaders (Red Hood again - he's affiliated with Batman but also Organized crime. Does that mean he cannot have anyone who hates Batman in his band?)

Some clarity on this would be awesome.

2012 Iron Dragon Tournament - Best Sportsman

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZenviousPlaysGames
http://bushidojo.wikia.com/wiki/Bushidojo_Wiki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:12 am 

Quote:
I confess it has renewed my interest (to the point I'm annoyed I sold off all my models before!!!)

So what factions are people going for in Perth? I think I'm hearing:
- Joker
- Arrow

What else?

I do have some questions about the book. Does it give info on all the current figure?

Does it cover all the rules (I downloaded the free pdf and all the cards. It looks like Red Hood has a trait called "Agile" but I can't find it anywhere in the .pdf. Same goes for his weapons having Firearm trait - couldn't find anything special about Fire-arms anywhere).

Also how does it deal with multi-faction Leaders (Red Hood again - he's affiliated with Batman but also Organized crime. Does that mean he cannot have anyone who hates Batman in his band?)

Some clarity on this would be awesome.

There is an online gang-builder = http://bat-builder.com/ it's pretty great
Fire-arms inflict damage on a 2+When used
Agile when this character takes damage from falling, make an agility roll, if successful ignore the damage and the knock down effect