It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:57 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:01 pm 

Hi guys am putting this together. Any suggestions?

Howlrunner
- swarm tactics

Krassis Trelix
- HLC
- Rebel Captive
- Engine upgrade
- Slave 1

academy pilot

alpha squadron pilot

i want a strong anchor with a mini swarm.

Any ideas? I had thought of using tactician but rebel captive seems better and is more Slave-1.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:31 pm 

I like RC on Krassis too, especially as he'll be the guy people will want to take out.

Not sure Howlrunner does you much good here. He's likely only giving the ties a shooting reroll/PS boost, so perhaps you'd do better shedding him and Alpha for three ties (points permitting) to give you a four tie mini-swarm.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:15 pm 

Quote:
I like RC on Krassis too, especially as he'll be the guy people will want to take out.

Not sure Howlrunner does you much good here. He's likely only giving the ties a shooting reroll/PS boost, so perhaps you'd do better shedding him and Alpha for three ties (points permitting) to give you a four tie mini-swarm.
with howlrunner i thought about that too.

But then i thought that 4 ties gives 4 shots with 2 attack dice that move first yet attack last . its not that hard to roll up 1 evade on 3 dice.

i wonder whether its better to lose 1 2 attack tie but gain the ability to fire first on an intercepter.

Now i dont know. Hopefully our game will be a good practice.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:54 pm 

I've flown this list with quite a lot of success:

52 Krassis w/ HLC + Rebel Captive + Engine + Seismic
48 (4x) Academy

It's a pretty fun list to fly, and Krassis with HLC can put the hurt on almost anything. An option would be to ditch the Seismic for an initiative bid.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:04 pm 

Got a Rebel problem? Just add Soontir Fel.

Soontir Fel — TIE Interceptor 27
Push the Limit 3
Stealth Device 3
Autothrusters 2
Royal Guard TIE 0

Krassis Trelix — Firespray-31 36
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Engine Upgrade 4
Slave I 0

"Mauler Mithel" — TIE Fighter 17
Veteran Instincts 1

Alphas are alright, but Soontir Fel is an absolute rockstar.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:48 pm 

Quote:
But then i thought that 4 ties gives 4 shots with 2 attack dice that move first yet attack last . its not that hard to roll up 1 evade on 3 dice.

i wonder whether its better to lose 1 2 attack tie but gain the ability to fire first on an intercepter.
I've not run swarm lists before, but flying against mini-swarms, they seem to revolve around one main striker (Deci, FS, YT) with the flies there for blocking more than attacking (although 2 or 3 attack dice from those that aren't blocking add up).

And Matt's right. If you want an offensive (in every sense of the word :P ) Interceptor, you want Fel - he'll reliably damage and dodge, where neither Alphas nor Sigmas will do so for long...

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:01 am 

TIE Fighters attack 2 guns aren't too impressive, that is until you block an opponent at range 1 and start rolling 2-3 range 1 attacks. If you use them correctly in conjunction with the obstacles, TIE fighters are a potent control ship, and one of the best jousters in the game.