It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: 7TV: Inch High Spy-fi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:32 pm 

So Hutch was asking me about 7TV on my hobby blog page and while I was going to respond there I thought a new thread might be in order in case you don't read my blog :D

The best description os probably give n by Crooked dice themselves here --> http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/7tv-2nd-edition/ but if that tl;dr

7TV is our tabletop miniatures game of high-octane spy-fi action set in the worlds of 1960s and 70s cult TV shows. Spies, minions, masterminds, ghosts, aliens, officialdom, hitmen, coppers and metal killers are all waiting for you. Relive some of 7TV Studio’s great lost shows or create your own and reach new audiences!

The basic rules allow you to put together a cast of between 3 and 24 (or more!) models and fight other casts in abandoned warehouses, secret volcano lairs, forbidding jungles and underwater bases – in fact anywhere you like!

You can download the rules from the Crooked dice website, but a few of us picked up the boxed game. The most dangerous part of this system is the sky is the limit... almost everything can fit in the "TV Show" genre and Crooked Dice have been oh so helpful in releasing rules sets for Scooby Doo, Star Wars, in addition to the "core" rules that already cover pretty much anything "spy" related.

I've picked up an evil mastermind and some minions...

Image Image

... and the Department X crew to go with my Spies as good guys.

While this is all very 60's/70's Spy flicks, we're also planning some Danger 5 WWII stuff, and no reason why the system couldn't be turned to Pulp WWII ... infact given the number of pulp characters I have seem to have amassed I hope to get a few games in while building up my secret lair.

Mwahahaha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 am 

The same guys also have a set of rules for Doctor Who as well.

Good to see that 7TV has expanded over the last few years.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:11 pm 

Looks all very cool. But those tele screens behind the blue henchmen blow my mind. With sets like that, any thing is possible. Imagine, summers in Rangoon.....