[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
ROTE- Most played cards? - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: ROTE- Most played cards?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 am 

I'm procrastinating sleeping, reading the visual spoiler. Instead of hijacking the other thread, I'll start my own. Hoorah.

The following cards, are the 3 of each color I think will see a lot of play in standard. Cards I think are neat.

Colorless- I'm not going to bother. You'll see anti-decking ones in sideboards if Mill decks run rampant. But otherwise, noone in their right mind is going to be running Eldrazi fatties/spells.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

And a special WTF goes out to this guy:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 am 

Personally.. I'm seeing the Mul Daya Channelers being played in Eldrazi Green style decks, Oust and the Activated ability shutdown angel being played in U/W control.. with every deck containing a minimum of 2 legendary eldrazi's as a mill denial.
Gideon seems a no-brainer for most fog decks, ditto wall of omens. Sarkan for Jund.. as if they need another tool to plow your face in with.

What else.. I can very much see a Bant Leveler control deck being possibly compeitive, 4x Aether Tradewinds + 4x Venerated Teacher + 4x Training Grounds + 4x Student of Warfare + 4x lighthouse "I win the game" Chronologist, etc etc... Hell, I wanna make that. Sounds like stupid fun. T1 Student, T2 Leveling Wall dude with viligance and 10 toughness at max, T3 venerated teacher.. ooh (censored) jund eat your heart out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:39 am 

i dont think you will see oust played in control, there are better creature removal available. and maybe the ability shutdown angel, but its pretty easy to kill and the opponent shouldnt have creatures on the deck for long anyway. It could be a good stall tho.
i can see a few aura decks pop up, with kor spiritdancers. especially since auras can now have totem armour so can be destroyed instead of the creature they are enchanting. There are a lot of cards that benefit from auras or can make auras better and it could be a solid deck. For casual play anyway

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:43 pm 

Induce despair...there's something very wrong about the art/flavour text for that...I wonder why? :roll:

I love the flavour of Arrogant Broodlord though - that dude sure is arrogant. :mrgreen:

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:59 pm 

I tried to make a short-list of my 'WANTS' from Rote. This is what I came up with:

Kazandu Tuskcaller
Bear Umbra
Gelatinous Genesis
Khalni Hydra
Overgrown Battlement
Pelakka Wurm
Gravity Well
Vengevine

Domestication
Echo Mage
Renegade Doppleganger

Affa Guard Hound
Linvala Keeper of Silence
Luminous Wake
Venerable Kor
Lightmine Field

Brimstone Mage
Conquering Manticore
Flame Slash
Traitorous Instinct
Tuktuk the Explorer

:roll:

Last edited by Russia on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:45 pm 

So what do people think of Kazandu Tuskcaller? I love the idea and have picked up two already, I'm just wondering if they're worth it?

It takes 6 mana to get her to start popping out elephants and she remains a 1/1 the whole time...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 pm 

i thought she was pretty scary when i played her... then she got smacked in the face by IONA!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:10 pm 

In the right deck, I think she'll be good. Though she's not an elf.. and she's only 1/1.

And now that I've got a far better understanding of the set.. best cards for standard.

White:
Gideon Jura - Clearly amazing. A 6/6 creature that doesn't take damge, targeted creature removal and his +2 isn't that bad either.
Student of Warfare - 3 for a 3/3 first strike over 2 turns is uber. More mana for double-strike. Win.
Oust - Screw up your opponent's draw. Turn an early drop into a worse card in two turns.
Wall of Omens - Wall of Blossoms was good. So's this.
Nomad's Assembly - Tokens for all. \o/

Blue:
Coralhelm Commander - Mana-efficient merfolk lord.
Deprive - I can't believe Counterspell isn't in the set- this is as close as you're gonna get.
Sphynx of Magiosi - It's fat and it can go toe to toe with anything.
Unified Will - Awesome in any vaguely aggressive deck that can splash blue.
Training Grounds - You know it's going to be abused somehow.

Black:
Consume the Meek - Death to weenies.
Consuming Vapors - Death to Eldrazi.
Inquizition of Kozilek - Cheap discard that can disrupt early creature drops.
Virulent Swipe - Instant speed deathtouch you can use twice.
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief - 5 for a 4/4 flying that can eat indestructable, regenerating and totem armor guys. And she's a Vampire.

Red:
Explosive Revelation - Search card + Eldrazi = 15 to the face. \o/
Kargan Dragonlord - 2 for a 2/2. Then a small mana investment makes him fat.
World at War - It's 5 mana, for 2 additional attack phases.
Kiln Fiend - In a red aggro style deck, he's not bad. Burn your blocker, hit for 4.
Surreal Memoir - It reads "3R- draw two burn spells."
... not a lot of awesome choices in red. =/

Green:
Momentous Fall - Massive recovery card. You kill my fatty? In response I eat him. OM NOM NOM full hand I win.
Mul Daya Channelers - Either way, you get a useful ability.
Pelakka Wurm - If you're running a deck with mana ramping ie; elves, this guy's clearly great. A trampling fatty who gives you life, then replaces himself upon death.
Vengevine - I'm sure you've all read the hype.
Realms Uncharted - 3 mana, draw two cards.

Colourless/Artifacts/Land/Gold:

All is Dust - It's a reset button any color can use. It also sacrifices, so it gets around everything.
Emrakul, The Aeons Torn - If you get to swing with him, the game is probably over.
Ulamog, The Infinite Gyre - Destroy target permanant.
Eldrazi Temple - It's simply going to be in high demand- every little kid is going to want 4.
Sarkhan, The Mad - Card draw, makes fatties, can with the game.

And the single WORST rare of each color..

White: Near Death Experience - OH NO HERE COMES THE TRICKSSSS! ugh.
Blue: Dormant Gomazoa - Sure, it's 3 for a 5/5. But you have to set up spells/effects to untap it.
Black: Mortician Beetle - If it turns out to be a combo card, I'll eat my words- but it's pretty bad.
Red: Splinter Twin - It's tricky, but that's it. Ba-bow.
Green: This was surprisingly tough. All the green rares have potential. I'm going to go with Gigantomancer. Sure it has the potential to be game breaking, but at the core- it's 8 for a 1/1. More like 9-10 for a 1/1. You tap out and it's toast.
Colourless: Angelheart Vial. If it cost less, it might see some play. But 5.. no way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:08 pm 

I agree with u with most card choices there. A few of them are exceptional. Sphinx of magosi can go toe to toe and gain card advantage. Add in a training grounds and it is ridiculous.
I dont think u give mortician beetle enough credit. With the amount of eldrazi spawn tokens that can be sacrificed for mana, he can get out of hand fast. And him+ulamog+training grounds=huge.
I think u aren't paying enough credit to the green dude that stops u sacrificing permanents. Depending on how much eldrazi cards see play he could be very playable. Shuts down anihilator, all is dust etc etc.
A lot of the eldrazi cards combo well tho. Deprive is ok, but coupled with halimer depths the downside just became a bonus.
Level up isn't as bad as a lot of people originally thought, or as slow, and with the right cards can be quite huge.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:17 pm 

Quote:
Sphinx of magosi can go toe to toe and gain card advantage. Add in a training grounds and it is ridiculous.
Holy crap!

The sphinx's ability isn't a tap ability right? Meaning it can do it multiples times a phase, and with training grounds it does it for 1!?! That is truly insane, drawing a card and getting +1/+1 as many times as you can for a single mana. Or am I wrong somewhere?

Also I wouldn't underestimate Linvala, keeper of silence for one of the best white cards. Stopping your opponent dead in their tracks from activating any abilities for a 4 cost creatures is pretty nice, plus she's still an angel. It helped me a lot at the pre-release by stopping people sacrificing their spawn for the big guys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:12 pm 

Yer it's not a tap ability. With training grounds can get big fast. Decent late game anyway. Just needs shroud :P

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable