[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
X-Wing - Campaign @ Krags - Concludes this Friday - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:48 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:58 am 

We return to our campaign this Friday for the battle for Hulon 3! With the hard fought battles behind them and neither side making significant gains, it remains to be seen if the Rebel Aces can break the Imperial lines and turn this insurrection into a rallying call for all local systems.

Join us this Friday for 100 point games with the added twist that two of the boards will have active asteroid fields to fight over. This is the last of our 100point rounds, then its onwards and upwards!

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:22 pm 

What a great night! So many rocks!!!!

I played two games on the nine asteroid table - didn't get to experience the moving asteroids - but 9 rocks on a table was great fun. No surprise but the great skills of my opponents Barry and Cain meant there were few if any collisions or asteriod hits by them, though I think I hit a few - one memorable one thanks to Barry ionising me !! A massive change from last weeks 24 ship demolition derby !!

Thanks again to Paul for running this campaign - brilliant fun.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 pm 

Operation Askari

Mission Debrief

Operation Askari - A bold counter initiative by the Empire struck deep into Rebel held space. Penetrating well into Rebel held territory, Hulon Three, home of the peaceful Askari people almost came back under Imperial control. Rebel Command is left reeling from this attack and knows it must now go back on the offensive if it is to recover from this damaging blow.

System Disposition
After the defense of Hulon 3 in Operation Askari the disposition of each force is as follows:
Imperials - 12 match points
Rebels - 28 match points

Meaning that Rebels barely safeguard Hulon 3 but loose two sectors of space to Imperial advance. Retaining the planet and it's populace, Barry is permitted another planetary advantage and this time rolls "You Owe Me", permitting mercenaries to be hired for 10,000 credits less. Barry then declares that the Rebel Alliance "doesn't need their kind of scum" - others may beg to differ....

The system map now looks like this:
Pilot Ratings
I'm sure you all want to know how we all did so....

And Finally
It's not too late to get involved. Both sides are seeking regular players. We're also taking requests for mercenary pilots, players who can't commit to regular play but wouldnt mind a game every so often.

The next session in the Hulon Insurrection campaign will be on Friday 17th October @ KRAGS. Next time games are at 125 points!

The Imperials are moving to make an example of the people of Hulon. With the gains being made, is this insurrection doomed, or can the people of Hulon win their freedom.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:55 am 

Great update Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:42 pm 

The next session in the Hulon Insurrection campaign will be on Friday 17th October @ KRAGS. Games are at 125 points!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 pm 

Imperials looking to seek revenge this week after a complete pasting in the last round....
For the Emperor !!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:21 pm 

Yeah the battle rep from last week will hopefully go up tomorrow night. Poor imperials is all I'm gonna say...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:35 pm 

125 point lists were fun. Apart from "that one" who brought 5 BWings with upgrades. Who was that person again? Glad he was on my team :D

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:46 am 

5 b-wings! What a douche...

Wait that was me...

To be fair I only had five shields left between two of them by the end. Nick flew his firespray exceptionally well until the last turn took it off the board, otherwise I think it would have been a draw.

I'm liking the added flexibility a 125 pt list gives.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 am 

Haha and I believe a couple turns before the end I had told you Paul that I made the same mistake in my first ever game and was determined to never let it happen again...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 pm 

Operation Blue Trident Post Action Report
[/color]

Mission Debrief
With supply lines stretched by gains made in the last conflict, the Imperials were left exposed and felt the full retribution of the Rebel fleet. Hulon 4, homeworld to the Most loyal was left dangerously exposed by Imperial movements and had to watch as a last ditch defence blunted the Rebel advance. Many Imperial pilots were sacrificed to stop Rebel and mercenaries just short of their world.

Licking their wounds, Imperial commanders are quick to assign blame and curse the Rebel forces. Revenge is all they now think of. Can the Imperial war machine match their desires for vengeance?

System Disposition
After the route at Hulon 4 in Operation Blue Trident the disposition of each force is as follows:
Imperials – 93 match points
Rebels - 109 match points

In round 4 the games ended in with an Imperial defeat, with the Rebels winning the night 28-8. The margin of victory won the Rebels two sectors but cost them credits, as they were forced to hire the efforts of a talented and some might say truly exceptional mercenary....

Pilot Ratings
I'm sure you all want to know how we all did so here is the leaderboard. Our two Squad Leaders are again earning their pay with ratings that put them both at the top of the leaderboard. Scores are derived by sorting on W/MW/D and games played as the final tie breaker.
With the planet remaining under Imperial control the fourth planetary advantage goes to the Empire. Richard rolled on the planetary advantages table and received ‘What’s that Whomprat doing?’ Allowing one pilot to manoeuvre at pilot skill 0 in 1 turn of the next round.

And Finally
We return this Friday for Operation Destiny’s Cradle, the Imperial Assault on the Hulon system homeworld! This round we’re doing things a little differently with games on Friday 31st and 7th counting towards this round. Games in this round are 125 points in size with your first three game results counting towards the results for your faction.
Thanks for looking and if you'd like to join the action head down to Krags this Friday or next!

Thanks

Last edited by brotherpaulos on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:25 pm 

Great write up Paul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:23 pm 

Operation Destiny's Cradle Post Action Report
[/color]

Mission Debrief
Operation Destiny's Cradle the defence of the new seat of power in the Hulon system. The defence of a new independently elected government. The defence of Freedoms so desperately earnt.
Could the Rebels lure the oncoming Armada into a deadly trap and could the new governement last it's first day in office?
Whilst the citizens of Hulon 5, were voting Rebel forces took to the space around their world. When the citizens looked up into the nights skies they saw a thousand comets herald their new freedom. Those comets were the shattered remains of the Imperial Navy. The Empire's worst defeat.

System Disposition
After the events of Hulon 5 in Operation Destiny's Cradle the disposition of each force is as follows:
Imperials – 105 match points
Rebels - 133 match points
In round 5 the games ended in with an Imperial defeat. The margin of victory won the Rebels three sectors!

Pilot Ratings
I'm sure you all want to know how we all did so here is the leaderboard.
And Finally
We return this Friday for Operation Stellar Ascendant, the penultimate chapter in the Hulon system! Players can play two games at 150 points either this week, or next, with the results counting towards the final results.
Thanks for looking and if you'd like to join the action head down to Krags this Friday or next!

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:03 pm 

The final operation in the campaign concludes this Friday with 150 point games. The Imperials in particular need help! If you find yourself at a loose end this Friday then come on down and help us smash out 2 last games that will decide the fate of the sector!