[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Interest confirmed - Bolt Action early war league - Page 10 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:55 am 

Doesn't really bother me. Given games can be Japanese vs French or DAK vs SS, and semblance of history is out the window anyway. Why get too worked up about balance?

The Germans had almost no way to deal with KVs when they first encountered them... Why should the game be any different? Just my IMNSHO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:21 pm 

I'm fine with using theatre lists.
Most tend to be quite restrictive from what I've seen.

Similarly, if people want to use "heavy" tanks in early war they should.
Attempting to face down a char b with pop guns will be interesting :D
Using my Bersaglieri against mostly late war opponents wasn't too bad, if they brought something you couldn't really hurt you just focused on the rest of their force.

That said, I don't really mind either way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:26 pm 

Hi all, just got my registration approved and this seemed like as good a thread as any to get my first post on.

Orange - as Beccas said, I've got a fairly decent-sized Japanese force ready to go, but I can also go 1941 Russians if you want some more Allies to even things up.

I am in Redcliffe so happy to travel wherever to play. I am a member of PMGG (where there are still a few Bolt Action players), have had Ted and Chris in on a few Pike & Shot/Black Powder games so long overdue for a reciprocal visit to Outpost :)

Cheers
Youngster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:01 am 

Hi Orange - I have a fairly decent sized Japanese force but could also do 1941 Russians if you need more Allies.
Looking forward to hearing more,
Cheers
Youngster.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:18 pm 

I'm just about ready to put up the main post, but I thought i'd ask what people felt like doing for missions?

My idea was that everyone played the same mission in the same round, so we all get a shot at each of them. I was just thinking of the rulebook missions, unless anyone knows any others that could be used?

Also, my plan for theatre lists is to have them as an 'opponent's permission' thing. If, say, a French player and German player wanted to both use theatre lists to fight a representative battle, they're welcome to. Otherwise, the standard would be just to use reinforced platoons.

And mismatches are historically correct and can be great in games, but they're better if there is a scenario designed around them. Like the Russians might just want to smash everyone with their KVs, but the Germans could count it as a victory if they could get close to the tank, and then get off the table to report what they've learned.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:34 pm 

I'm okay with scenarios, pre-determined theater battle, or plain shoot-em-all.

The more important question (for time-poor people like me) is...what's the painting requirement/penalty like?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:57 pm 

I was going to be pretty straightforward with that and say that if you want to use it, it has to be painted!

I've made the starting size and increments smaller, so hopefully it should be easy enough to keep up with.

Or would people prefer penalties allowing them to use unpainted units? Like starting the game with a pin token?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:27 pm 

As long as it can be 3 colour minimum, I'm fine with must be painted to play.

Then again, I am not intending to paint German camouflage... :lol:

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:44 pm 

Yes it would definitely just be 3 colours minimum, with basing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:59 am 

Warlord Games is having a sale - 50% off on plastic sprues.

And 20% off for 3 vehicles (any combination).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:06 am 

Are there any Brit players that would be interested in some West Wind British Heads in Steel Helmets? They've been clogging up my bitz box for a couple years but I'm happy to give them to someone who could use them.

"Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it." - InquisitorMack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 pm 

So the Aussies have landed. :D

Time for some painting.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:23 pm 

They look great Drew, where are they from?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm 

Love all the slouch hats!
I can't wait for this, how much stuff is in Tacticts usually would there be enough to get an army or do you think it would be better to order this from warlord?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:50 pm 

Depending on what you are after, there is usually a fair bit of stuff. Any of the Plastics are usually represented there.

If you are after anything a little more rare... then you may need to order...

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next