[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
TGA Presents: Critical Mass 2013 - A Warhammer 40K tourny - Page 6 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:55 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:07 pm 

I will bring my camera (if I can remember it)

Cam - any chance on you ruling on the whole infiltrate thing?

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Due to a change in circumstances I can now attend! Huzzah!!!
Huzzah :D

I'll try and organize a photographer for the day :D
haha, cause Mike's coming now???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:30 pm 

Hell yes that's why! :mrgreen:

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:15 pm 

of course its coz mikes coming :D

In regards to the infiltrate thing......can you be a little more specific as to what you need the ruling on?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:52 pm 

Can you attach an independent character to a unit prior to deployment and thus confer special rules ie - can a character with infiltrate confer it to a unit without it.

I have my own opinion but need to know what the rule will be played as on the day

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:21 pm 

Ahhhhhh i had a feeling that may be the question :D

Most of the threads seem to argue that the rule doesn't confer, but then the fluff and special rules for a few special characters seem to contradict this theory :? From what I can tell it seems to boil down to character attachment rules (so much dumber now retinues no longer exist :cry: ) and the timing at which this is announced.......my opinion aside, to keep things nice and simple (ie I'm not looking to reopen this debate, just saying how it will be played on the day), unless a concise FAQ hits my email before Friday:

Characters can be attached to squads at time of deployment, so long as this is clearly stated to your opponent before either of you have deployed a single unit. Thus, as lists are open anyway, you may opt for a character to join a unit prior to deployment and game commencement, hence it can then confer special rules such as infiltrate on the squad (where applicable) and they can come on reserve together.

Again not looking to reopen the debate, just keeping this rule nice and simple for all involved :D

hope this answers your question

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:59 pm 

Spot on cam, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:12 pm 

List submitted. I ended up doing a complete re-write of what I was going to take, and brought something completely different. Including a unit i've never played a single game with, and never seen on the tabletop.

Beware my Howling Banshees.

I'm kidding, i'd never bring them

or would I?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:22 pm 

Am I right that it's a 4x4 table?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:48 pm 

Yep

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 am 

Sure is 4 by 4 tables, bring on the pain :D

Just a heads up ladies and gents, today is the last day to get your lists in, so if you are planning on coming today is your day :D

Payment on the day is fine :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 am 

List sent....

No-one expects the Inquisition....especially with Grav Cannon Allies!

Totally fun list, don't expect it will stand up on the day at all. but it's not not Guard.....for once

See you all on Sunday!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:43 am 

Ah hah... actually, we ARE all expecting the Inquisition lol! Got all sorts of fun stuff in my list - as to if it works? We'll soon find out!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:55 am 

Quote:
Sure is 4 by 4 tables, bring on the pain :D
interesting, makes flyers less good and means deployment is basically dawn of war and nothing else

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 pm 

Not true mike can still do all deployments as the dawn n hammer are different sides it matters for terrain n corners is still do able.

yea flyers can do circle work at best, hover n die or do 2 passes n fly off...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next