[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
expanding on Kaeris? - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:43 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: expanding on Kaeris?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:42 pm 

So, a mate at work has asked me to grab him a Kaeris box set when I put my gencon order through shortly...

After the initial 24SS in the box, what would people suggest (specifically aiming at 35SS for Skulls in Oct)? I thought either Joss (who I think is awesome - but leaves him with 7SS, so a wasted 2SS), or 3 miners (leaving him a cache of 4SS).

I think the idea is a cheap start up - as I am going to be demo-ing the game mechanics at work in the next couple of weeks, he isn't even sure if he is going to like it, but likes the fluff and the look...

So battle half won!!

Anyways, what are peoples thoughts on a step up for Kaeris?

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

Post subject: Re: expanding on Kaeris?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 pm 

Definitely take a look at Iggy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:24 pm 

Kieris has not alot of choice on her own as a crew leader
Her box comes with Gunsmiths which are awsome and the fire gamen have thier uses but usally used as suicide troops to explode and hand out some burn tokens early
Remember that when she is leading she can only hire other M&SU members. so things like Union Miners and Soulstone miner are the few additions, as well as Iggy.

The only way around this is to have another master and have her as a henchman, this will remove the M&SU restriction. so you could add things like a Student of conflict or Arcane effigy
as to what master to go to for future expantion you can go wrong with any of the other Arcanists because Kieris is that good

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 am 

Bear in mind also that there's a new book coming out in like a week with a host of new stuff. Kaeris is surely going to get some new goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 am 

Quote:
The only way around this is to have another master and have her as a henchman, this will remove the M&SU restriction. so you could add things like a Student of conflict or Arcane effigy
Arcane Effigy is a SF: Doll. You can't have more than one special forces group in your crew so the effigy is out.

Personally, after the box I'd go for Iggy, followed by the soulstone miner, Johan and the union miners.

And with Gencon coming up, keep an eye on the arcanist releases. Some of those models look likely to either be allowed in a kaeris crew, or would value having kaeris as a henchman. Or at least I hope they will. ;)

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:35 am 

Quote:
Arcane Effigy is a SF: Doll. You can't have more than one special forces group in your crew so the effigy is out.
yeah I forgot about that.

I do hope the book 4 stuff is M&SU but could also be ten thunders.. lets hope for both :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am 

Willie from book 4 has been spoiled and hes an MS&U member so able to be hired by Kaeris and the Arcanist Rail Worker crew certainly look the part plus you have miners as well. Thats a lot to choose from with only a couple of purchases

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 pm 

Is the large steampunk arachnid a good choice for Kaeris? I haven't used her yet and opted for this for the starter box league, but this thread is making me regret my choice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

I just bought Iggy for my Pandora crew. He looks the bomb!
Literally. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 am 

Quote:
Is the large steampunk arachnid a good choice for Kaeris? I haven't used her yet and opted for this for the starter box league, but this thread is making me regret my choice.
The Large Arachnid is a good choice for her as it ignores armour so can help against some bad matchups plus it is a cheap model (ss cost) at only 5ss and its durable too.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 am 

Awesome, thanks OSOI! :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable