[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Malifaux RPG is a coming!! - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:58 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:53 pm 

Not sure where this fits...

But the Malifaux RPG is coming to kickstarter soon!!

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.ph ... ickstarter

I don't even role play anymore (haven't in... 12 odd years?)... but I am looking forward to seeing what they do with it, and may even start playing again (once Uni is over...)!

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:32 pm 

Kickstarter aside what i do know is wyrd nabbed the chaps at fantasy flight games to write and develop the game. and should expect a release next year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:30 pm 

Quote:
Kickstarter aside what i do know is wyrd nabbed the chaps at fantasy flight games to write and develop the game. and should expect a release next year.
I don't know if that is good or bad.
Fantasy flight are awesome for their production values and theme. However, they are not well known for clear and concise rulebooks :roll:

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:19 pm 

I like the concept but I'm not sure it's going to have much depth to the universe. FFG have done a terrific job of fleshing out 40k with DH, RT, etc but its taken a few books to get to that point. I hope this more than a 1 book wonder.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:11 pm 

Without clear "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys" this will be a very interesting game, am keen to see how it develops!
the possibilities for characters is intriguing, and could be very exciting. I just hope they stat everything and dont guide the play (ala RT, DH etc etc) just a, here's MaliRPG you go and make characters and make your own fun - i would hate to see it say Guild themed, or Ressy themed etc just standard rules and you define the setting, and which faction you are!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

I recently heard Eric J from Wyrd say they were toning back the amount of fluff & background material in the game books due to an upcoming release of some sort (Storm of Shadows being the first such example of this). I guess this would explain why.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:08 pm 

Quote:
Without clear "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys" this will be a very interesting game, am keen to see how it develops!
the possibilities for characters is intriguing, and could be very exciting. I just hope they stat everything and dont guide the play (ala RT, DH etc etc) just a, here's MaliRPG you go and make characters and make your own fun - i would hate to see it say Guild themed, or Ressy themed etc just standard rules and you define the setting, and which faction you are!
LOL Guild = badguys Neverborn/Gremlins = Good guys everyone else is an invading inconvenience :P

Though my guess would be PCs would be effectivly civillians caught in the middle and i guess chose your affiliates.. tbh at this stage who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 am 

I would prefer if Wyrd concentrated on resculpting some of the Book 1 releases that are pants!! and stop creating new fledging merchandise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:50 pm 

Which ones were pants? only mk1 Pandora springs to mind
Also I reckon with the change to digital sculpting and plastics it could be a possability. or forward the fluff killing more B1 masters off

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:22 am 

MK1 Pandora??? Imho she was a good model, now captain high pants is one and the only other I can think of is the mozzy, it is a boring mini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:40 am 
Site Admin

I prefer most of the mk1 masters compared to the mk2 ones. Both versions of Pandora are decent though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 am 

I will make a list :)

Most are just in terrible 'Gary Morley' 2D poses. Teddy is the best example of a 2D sculpt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 am 

Also, I bet the rpg uses the fate deck still

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:27 am 

I dare say with it being a game by Wyrd that it will use a card mechanic.

I am looking forward to this for sure

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Also, I bet the rpg uses the fate deck still
I'd be disappointed if it didn't!