[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Faux Pas - A Year of Malifaux Events - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:48 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:16 pm 

Liam - I'll be wanting to hear some rumours about Dead of Winter!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm 

We have the Rail Crew starter box as our raffle prize, so bring along your change to be in the running!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:00 pm 

Quote:
Liam - I'll be wanting to hear some rumours about Dead of Winter!

And what is that? I have been playing catchup on info for the past couple of weeks, if you can give me a place to start I'm sure I can help

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm 

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.ph ... -of-Winter

Apparently there are more details available to Henchmen? Learn all you can.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 am 

Quote:
http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.ph ... -of-Winter

Apparently there are more details available to Henchmen? Learn all you can.
Okay I am now up to speed and will start a new thread for it once I have figured out how and where I can run it.

The good thing is it ties in quite nicely to the tournament that I will be running in March

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 am 

Thanks for last night guys, post your woes or tribulations here.

I played Peter in my first game with Kirai. I learnt a lot and thanks to Peter for putting up with my relatively slow turns, as I got up to speed with some of the crews synergies.

It's a little alien to take wounds on your master to summon up new minions and I was very worried Raspy would get the drop on me, but a lot of movement schinanigans kept me relatively safe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 am 

Misaki has her first outing against ecky and Mei fang.

With both us only playing our second game with the masters it was going to be interesting.

The game was a tight affair but ecky ended up picking up the win.

I learnt a whole lot from the game and 2 decent sized mistakes cost me Misaki and ultimately the game.

The game saw both masters doing what they do best. I had treasure hunt while ecky had claim jump. Second turn I got a torakage up to the treasure with ototo in support, while misaki and her entourage moved up the other flank. Mei fang pulled the trigger and rail jumped to to treasure, but only managed to wound the torokage.

Then misaki diving attacked Mei fang, unleashing on her. However her iron skin and a liberal use of soulstones kept her relatively unscathed. I also forgot to your mine Mei fEng for +ve flips on everything which may have changed the outcome a bit.

Misaki then got counter attacked before the other torokage mistaken identified her out.

Meanwhile the first torokage claimed the treasure and started running away, while ototo and kang duked it out.

Mei fang and the emberling chased after misaki, who had to drop all her soulstones to avoid most of the damage before a hit from the emberling almost killed her. Still, revenge was sweet as she fired up and took out the emberling and Mei feng in a brutal display of combat.

Elsewhere it was falling apart as kang dispatched ototo and Shang died,saving yamiziko holding off a rail and metal gamin and kang moving to threaten the torokage.

Kang got first turn and dispatched the torokage then smashed misaki away from him, dropping her to 3 wounds. She responded by companioning with yamaziko and charged kang. Tho in my second mistake I didn't heal her first.

Misaki dispatched kang in her 3 attacks but as he died he managed to get a hit on her, and inflicting a minimum of 3 wounds killed her too. Doh!

This left yamaziko holding the treasure with a metal gamin and rail gamin bearing down on her, and the result was inevitable.

I learnt a lot from the game
- double check skills. I was sure I had to wound my opponent first before I could "your mine" but turns out I just have to direct a strike at them. This cost me.
- heal first!
- misaki hits hard but doesnt have too much for the backswing.
- I need to learn how to play my minions as they just seem to die without doing much.
- knowing when to cheat and when to use soulstones is an art and an art worth your learning.
- winning the initial flip is incredibly vital! Having the initiative in cheating last is a very very powerful weapon in the game.
- malifaux is a lot of fun!

Mei fEng and the rail crew looked like a lot of fun. With the gamins having armour 2 they are really hard to kill and everything deals a lot of damage, usually with paired weapons. Still it would have been interesting to see what would have happened with rail gamin vs misaki. Armour 2 might have tipped the balance away from her and if she didn't kill the gamin In one turn she was pretty much gone.

Anyway really looking forward to my next game and ototo actually doing something.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 am 

Misaki seems like a ballistic missile. Point her at something and it will die. And not needed to do damage to All Mine means after that first strike, you cant really help out the model getting murdered.

Kang proved to be as boss as always. He was on 2 wounds at one point, he finished the game on full 8)

I think I'm sort of getting the hang of the thousand triggers for Mei Feng. It hurts my head a little, but it's getting there. Kung Fu powah!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 am 

Haha no kang didn't. He got taken down to 2 wounds by ototo, healed back up to full, killed ototo and the torokage with the treasure then was misakied, tho took her down with his slow to die.

Definately your man of the match. Tho that rail golem was hard to stop and I just kind of ignored it :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 am 

Oh and just reading up on it then, knock aside from the rail golem inflicts no damage. I'm pretty sure I got damaged and knocked aside. Not that it changed much.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 am 

Some pics of last night:
ImageImage

Was great to have 5 tables of Malifaux going, thanks to everyone for coming down and I look forward to the next meeting at KRAGS.

Cheers to Paul for the game--it's been a while since my last game so thanks for your patience as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 am 

Thanks everyone for a great first night, next month will see some extra little additions and we can keep going strong.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:53 am 

tables look great!!!

love the Easter Island themed one!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:03 pm 

Thoughts on new Hamelin:

He feels a lot more vulnerable - having to keep the Stolen within 3" means that you'll probably want at least two of them around at all times. There was a point in our game where I foolishly moved my one remaining Stolen away to try to take an objective, and I'm pretty sure Marcus could have just killed Hamelin at that point (Marcus chose to Alpha him instead - he's not the best Alpha target, as it turns out, since a lot of his stuff involves sacrificing friendlies or making things insignificant, which doesn't hurt his crew).

He really wants to start with plenty of Rats and Stolen, which makes it tricky to build a solid 25 SS crew. I went with Nix, a Ratcatcher, one Stolen, two Rats and the Obedient Wretch (with a 4 SS cache) and I really would have liked at least one more Stolen and two more Rats - conveniently, adding those would make a 35 SS crew with 8 cache.

The 6" limit on the ability that removes Insignificant made me play very differently - several times I wanted to go for objectives, but realised that Hamelin was too far away. Between that and the 3" range to sac a Stolen instead of dying, positioning is now much more important with the crew in general. It's now much more of a tightly bunched pack (or two - you can send another pack off with a Ratcatcher or Nix and they will still be significant, but much more vulnerable).

It's still really dangerous to find yourself in the midst of the swarm. Now that Hamelin is less concerned about making everything insignificant, he can go to town with his beating stick. Nix is still as horrible as ever. The Rats are no longer a chore to activate, and are still very effective at nibbling things to death. Taking Abandon away from the Stolen makes it a real tactical choice of whether or not to use the Wretch to make someone insignificant - she did it to Marcus, which was nice, but I really missed having her card draw and Magical Extension for the rest of the game.

Today's Errata update to the Rats is going to be devastating in certain circumstances. They can now be reduced to 0 Wd on their own activation (just not other friendly ones), and they're still as vulnerable as ever to Terrifying and Morale duels, and if they die in their own activation, they don't summon another Rat - anything with Terrifying and Wicked, like Lord Chompy Bits or Avatar Seamus, is going to be a really hard counter to Hamelin. Put him in the middle of the swarm and he'll rip it apart.

Anyway, it was a fun game. I feel as though Marcus doesn't really have the chops to get stuck into an extended melee with a Hamelin crew, but it was cool seeing how he worked as well.

Looking forward to more games in the near future!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 pm 

Just a reminder that Faux Pas moves down to KRAGS on Friday night.

Building on our first month Friday night will feautre games played with special terrain and events, often an area of the game that gets skipped over easily.

I know all the guys down at KRAGS have something special for us all so come down and have a look

Wyrd Henchman

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next