[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Faux Pas - A Year of Malifaux Events - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:52 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:33 pm 

Cool cool. I'll be making the trip down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm 

I'll be down. Will try and convince malignant to attend as well and play our round 1 game.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:59 am 

Quote:
I know all the guys down at KRAGS have something special for us all so come down and have a look
Yeah this Friday at Krags we'll be revealing two new Badlands boards. We'll also have some free starter packs for new players and the clubs laminator stands ready to help you get your shiny news crews cards ready.

Experienced players will be able to test out their wits by playing out their summer league games and/or adding the Dead of Winter achievement league, and we're also encouraging players to add the special terrain features to their games.

Liam will also be down, selling tickets to Thunderstruck and I have news for anyone interested in attending this years Malifaux GT.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 pm 

Sneak peak of the two new Malifaux boards I've been working on for tomorrow's Faux Pas event. Thanks to Justin for helping me get these across the line in time.

A nice simple scenery project. This one uses gale force nine crystals and badlands terrains, a set of tents from Rendra and a mixture of army painter and GW stick on grass tufts.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 pm 

Looking great Paul, I look forward to playing on them tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 am 

They look really good Paul

I will be bringing along Dead of Winter League Sheets for everyone tonight as well, so a little extra fun can be had for every game played tonight, all very laid back and easy going.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:42 pm 

Thanks to everyone who came down, I think we had eight players and three spectators. I snapped a couple of pics, wish I'd got more. If you got any pics or have any stories to tell post em up!

Was a great night, thanks guys. The achievements this time were very ingesting, ill be scanning and sending the paperwork onto Liam shortly.

I played an intro game against Adam who was clearly having too much fun with Decembers curse and was only satisfied when he'd cast it on Seamus no less that seven times in one activation, turning him into a smouldering set of boots. He did one shot the ice golem, so fairs fair I suppose! To add insult to injury, Seamus died mere inches from a soothing river that would have allowed him to make a healing flip, oh well.

I know Snowstorm and Teddy got into a big punch up on the table next to me, because Justin broke into 'I believe I can Fly' when Teddys turn came up, but I have no idea how that or other games ended up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 am 

Teddy butchered Snow Storm--flipped a red joker on a damage flip :(

I ended up winning 5-3 after getting off both schemes an taking one quarter in shared reconnoiter. Mechanical Rider and Blessed made power ritual achievable by the end of turn 3!

Thanks very much to KRAGS for having us, the tables were awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 am 

Thank you to all the guys at KRAGS it was great to come down again. Apologies for leaving before the night was done.

The next two months are already starting to shape up with even more Malifaux goodness

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 pm 

Next Tuesday (the 5th of March) sees Faux Pas rear its head again back at Outpost.

This will be your last chance to sign up for Thunderstruck! the achievement tournament running at Outpost on the 10th which at the time of writing has six spots left. In addition preview copies of the achievemnts being used at Thunderstruck! will be making an appearance.

Games will be having a focus on using achievements as alternate way to play and have some fun.

Multiplayer games will also be running for those adventurous enough using the rules found in Wyrd Chronicles vol 4
(download here - http://www.malifaux.com/Downloads.php )

and as always I will be available to ask questions, demo games and generally chat about all things Malifaux

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 pm 

Who's coming tonight?

Picked up this for the raffle prize:

You can never have enough robots :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:35 pm 

KRAGS will be representing again tonight. I think there's four or five of us coming. I'm looking for some thunderstruck practice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 am 

Just a reminder that Faux Pas is on again this Friday night at KRAGS. We have a special Easter themed night (I know a little late but its under week so there) with a unique and fun Egg Hunt scenario and a limited edition Egg Haluer up for grabs.

Hope to see as many of you down as possible

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:43 pm 

a quick look at the tables for this friday come down and see them.

my blog http://firewaterportal.blogspot.com/
email firewaterportal@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 am 

Looks like we are going to be spoilt with terrain again.

Hers what the special scenario is, as thought up by one of the European Henchmen

The Egg Hunt
[/b]
All around the city of Malifaux, mysterious colorful eggs the size of small animals are popping up everywhere. Perked by interest the denizens of the city and the surrounding areas often pick up such an egg to find a chocolate egg wrapped in a colorful metallic foil.
Many have consumed such an egg, for chocolate is a rare treat in the gloomy reaches of Malifaux. Each person eating such a treat would be subject to various things, including addiction, small forms of mutation and even death. Despite the dangers of these delicious morsels, everybody is searching and hunting for them.
New strategy: The Egg Hunt

Setup: After determining deployment zones, each player places 5 Easter Eggs in their respective opponent’s deployment half, but not in their deployment zones.

Special: A significant model may take a (1) Interact Action to pick up an Easter Egg in base contact. A model carrying an Easter Egg may not move further than 4 inches in a Wk or Cg movement. Models that move in other ways than a Walk or Charge Action and attempt to pass through blocking terrain/models drop the Egg in base contact.
A model carrying an Egg may consume the Egg with a (1) Consume Action. This consumes the carried Egg and the model makes a Healing Flip.
Red Joker: The model is completely healed and sprouts bunny like ears. It can take a (1) Bunny Hop Action to jump its Cg value until the end of the game.
1 -13: The Healing Flip applies as normal.
Black Joker: The egg consumes the eater instead and the model is immediately sacrificed. The Egg is also removed from the game.
A model that is carrying an Easter Egg at the beginning of its activation must make a Wp->10 resist duel or succumb to the delicious morsel it is holding. A failed test results in a consumed Egg.
This duel ignores any immunities to Wp duels.
Models who have lost such a Wp resist duel increase the needed target number to 15 instead of 10 until the end of the game.

Victory: For every egg carried by a player’s models that is more than the Eggs carried by opposing models at the end of the game he/she will score 1 VP. A maximum of 4 VP can be scored this way.

I will have print outs of it on Friday night as well

Wyrd Henchman

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next