[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Malifaux 2nd Edition! - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:06 pm 

Quote:
So the models in the 2nd ed Book 1 beta won't necessarily be the models that were in Book 1/the Red Book?
My understanding of the plan is to release the three book 1 masters in the 2E beta, as well as 3 Gremlin masters (Big hat, frenchy and the new drunk dude) and 3 random 10T masters (my money is on Misaki, Lynch and Arcanist lady... not sure why).

So I am going to run Beta games with Lady J vs Vics. Already got an opponent lined up to run once a week games (at work, using counters because I'm not allowed miniatures. :()

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:32 pm 

Quote:
my only negative is just using shared strats. It made for a unique game when opponants had different primay objectives.
It's worth noting that there will be two encounter chapters planned for the V2 Book. The first encounter section is designed to be as fair as possible (ie. shared strategies and presumably other things). But the second will have all the interesting stuff, like individual strategies, the full list of schemes to choose from, encounter rules and other such business.
Quote:
So the models in the 2nd ed Book 1 beta won't necessarily be the models that were in Book 1/the Red Book?
Pretty much what Mikey said. V2, Book 1 should have three masters for each of the seven factions. These will come from book 1, although with So'mer moving to Gremlins and two new factions since the original book 1 (10-T and Gremlins), there will be a few Master to fill out. Specifically, we'll get another two gremlin Masters (BrewMaster and...Ophelia?), one more Outcast (Tara) and three 10-Thunders Masters (Anyone's guess as to which three of the five).

EDIT: So I've been listening to the Tartan Skirmish Podcast on Malifaux V2 and they mentioned that they're on track to have almost all of the plastic starters for V2 Malifaux available at Gencon.
...If that holds out and the new minis are as mind blowing as I've been led to believe, this could be a very expensive year for me. :roll:

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:58 pm 

Quote:
this could be a very expensive year for me. :roll:
It appears every year is an expensive year for me with Malifaux... :oops:

And with Dual faction Lucius and McMourning... even more so. :(

Post subject: Malifaux 2nd Edition!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
this could be a very expensive year for me. :roll:
It appears every year is an expensive year for me with Malifaux... :oops:

And with Dual faction Lucius and McMourning... even more so. :(
Every year will be expensive for us hobbyists as long as they run Gencon for all the new goodies!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:30 pm 

Heres some artwork/digital sculpt :wink:

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 pm 

New student of conflict = win (yes, an assumption has been made.)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:36 pm 

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:08 pm 

Wow. Big change for Death Marshalls looking far more ghostly, and Judge looking far more witch-hunter-y.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:05 pm 

Quote:

Ulix is a Gremlin master that will be a part of Malifaux’s second edition. He’s all about pigs, rides them, herds them, hunts them, and fills his crew with them. He also has a few characteristics like a pig herding dog, he walks with a limp, and carries hunting tools. Totally on theme for Gremlins and fits right in! Right? What more needs to be said?

Well, the inspiration for Ulix comes from much more noble source. The name is derived from Ulixes, which is a variation of the name Ulysses/Odysseus in mythology. Odysseus kept herds of pigs on his island, both domestic and wild. He hunted them frequently with the companionship of his dog, trained for that task. During one hunting trip, he was gored in the leg and always walked with a slight limp due to that wound. He was well trained in all the tools needed to hunt pigs effectively – bow, spear, bola. He had a very “Gremlin” side to him! I think as you learn more about Ulix you’ll see more parallels as well.

Basically, if you take Odysseus, remove his epic tales, stick him in a swamp, shrink him a bit, and paint him green, you have your new Gremlin master! This was one of my favorite adaptations/inspirations for Malifaux 2e, and I’ll always think of Ulix as a little Odysseus with his pigs.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:01 pm 

Quote:
Great... now I want the new Judge.

And this is a problem. I only want the Judge. *sigh* ebay and get rorted it is...

EDIT: actually... in hindsight I just want the Judges new hat. That is one spiffing hat.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm 

Lady J having a bad hair day... These images we're seeing are a lot more cartoony than grim. I hope this isn't the start of a change in imagery by Wyrd.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:26 pm 

As the models and the art tend to look the same i must say the the marshals and lady J suck pose wise. death marshals look to slapstick to me and Lady J's pose feels more akin to a 10t master than guild. but thats just me I guess I dont have to rebuy her crew.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 pm 

Quote:
These images we're seeing are a lot more cartoony than grim. I hope this isn't the start of a change in imagery by Wyrd.
I take it you haven't seen the new Teddy yet:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:35 am 

i think they do cartoony quite well, my fav wyrd models are actually the daydreams and puppet wars stuff. but they also *did* nice gritty dirty looking stuff too. i think due to their new production process, cartoony is going to work better in the future

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:44 am 

Quote:
Quote:
These images we're seeing are a lot more cartoony than grim. I hope this isn't the start of a change in imagery by Wyrd.
I take it you haven't seen the new Teddy yet:
meh.. you probabably havent seen the 15 million teddies painted as carebears already,

I personally dont mind the artstyle just some of the poses are getting a tad silly

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next