Welcome to the Breached! Malifaux Campaign. This thread will provide you with all the info you need to take part. If you have any questions, just ask!
Games can be played at Outpost 6030 on Tuesdays and KRAGS on Fridays. The rules allow you to come and join the Campaign any time you want, so if you can't come for the first few weeks, you shouldn't be at a major disadvantage.
The Campaign will continue for 4 "Campaign Rounds", each of which will span two weeks in real-time. The idea is that you are supposed to get 1-2 games in per round. So you should have plenty of time to play your Campaign Games, as well as fit in any other games you might want to play.
Campaign Round 1
: 7-17 April
Campaign Round 2
: 24 April - 1 May
Campaign Round 3
: 5-15 May
Campaign Round 4
: 22-29 May
We'll be using the Beta Campaign rules that were available for playtesting earlier this year. If you don't have a copy I'll make the rules available on the night, or just PM me with your email address.
The campaign will be using all the rules available, with the following additions/changes;
- When building your initial crew you may choose a Bounty to start the Campaign with at no cost.
- Hideouts will be used for the Campaign, meaning your crew will earn Construction Materials (CM) after each game to upgrade your hideout during the campaign.
- You cannot play more than two games per "Campaign Round" (see above & below for more details).
- You may hire and play with any of the unreleased Wave 3 models that were also playtested alongside the campaign rules - you just need the rules themselves (available with the campaign rules) and a suitable proxy for using them in your games.
For those without access to the rules (or who haven't taken the time to read them yet), here's what you'll need to do at the beginning of Week 1;
- Declare a Faction and hire a Starting Arsenal totaling 35SS worth of models, including 0-1 Upgrade. This must include a Henchman (whom you pay for), who is designated as your Leader and must be used every game. The Upgrade can be used to gain access to out of faction models (eg. Nix's Hollow Upgrade)
- 0 SS Henchmen can be hired as your Leader, but they will cost 13SS minus their Cache (eg. Hungering Darkness would be 13-5=8 SS).
- Masters cannot be hired at this stage (they'll be available from Round 3).
- Select a Hideout for your crew. It isn't essential that this happens at the start, but you will need to decide before you begin upgrading it with Fortifications.
- Select a starting Bounty at no cost. Again, these are listed in the pdf, and I can give you a hand if you're not sure which to pick.
I don't want people to sacrifice their regular Malifaux gaming to participate in the campaign, so if you are participating in the campaign and play a non-campaign game of Malifaux, you get 1 (for Henchmen-led) or 2 (Master-led) scrip added to your earnings for the Campaign Week. Note that as per the core rules, this cannot take you over the maximum 16 Scrip per week.
If you wish to play a third campaign game for that week, you can do so, but only earn 1-2 scrip as if your weren't playing a campaign game (as above). Your actions in-game will not count toward Bounties and you must ignore the Aftermath step of the Campaign game. In other words, your crew will not advance as a result of the game, aside from the 1-2 scrip earnt.
At the end of the campaign, players receive entries into a random prize draw based on the total number of fortifications for their hideout. So for instance if your Hideout was a Hidden Lab and you'd built the Electrodes and Library fortifications, you would get two entries into the draw.