[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Breached! A Malifaux Campaign - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:38 pm 

Welcome to the Breached! Malifaux Campaign. This thread will provide you with all the info you need to take part. If you have any questions, just ask!
LOCATION/LENGTH
Games can be played at Outpost 6030 on Tuesdays and KRAGS on Fridays. The rules allow you to come and join the Campaign any time you want, so if you can't come for the first few weeks, you shouldn't be at a major disadvantage.

The Campaign will continue for 4 "Campaign Rounds", each of which will span two weeks in real-time. The idea is that you are supposed to get 1-2 games in per round. So you should have plenty of time to play your Campaign Games, as well as fit in any other games you might want to play.

Campaign Round 1: 7-17 April

Campaign Round 2: 24 April - 1 May

Campaign Round 3: 5-15 May

Campaign Round 4: 22-29 May

THE RULES:
We'll be using the Beta Campaign rules that were available for playtesting earlier this year. If you don't have a copy I'll make the rules available on the night, or just PM me with your email address.

The campaign will be using all the rules available, with the following additions/changes;
- When building your initial crew you may choose a Bounty to start the Campaign with at no cost.
- Hideouts will be used for the Campaign, meaning your crew will earn Construction Materials (CM) after each game to upgrade your hideout during the campaign.
- You cannot play more than two games per "Campaign Round" (see above & below for more details).
- You may hire and play with any of the unreleased Wave 3 models that were also playtested alongside the campaign rules - you just need the rules themselves (available with the campaign rules) and a suitable proxy for using them in your games. ;)

GETTING STARTED:
For those without access to the rules (or who haven't taken the time to read them yet), here's what you'll need to do at the beginning of Week 1;

- Declare a Faction and hire a Starting Arsenal totaling 35SS worth of models, including 0-1 Upgrade. This must include a Henchman (whom you pay for), who is designated as your Leader and must be used every game. The Upgrade can be used to gain access to out of faction models (eg. Nix's Hollow Upgrade)
- 0 SS Henchmen can be hired as your Leader, but they will cost 13SS minus their Cache (eg. Hungering Darkness would be 13-5=8 SS).
- Masters cannot be hired at this stage (they'll be available from Round 3).
- Select a Hideout for your crew. It isn't essential that this happens at the start, but you will need to decide before you begin upgrading it with Fortifications.
- Select a starting Bounty at no cost. Again, these are listed in the pdf, and I can give you a hand if you're not sure which to pick.

NON-CAMPAIGN GAMES:
I don't want people to sacrifice their regular Malifaux gaming to participate in the campaign, so if you are participating in the campaign and play a non-campaign game of Malifaux, you get 1 (for Henchmen-led) or 2 (Master-led) scrip added to your earnings for the Campaign Week. Note that as per the core rules, this cannot take you over the maximum 16 Scrip per week.

If you wish to play a third campaign game for that week, you can do so, but only earn 1-2 scrip as if your weren't playing a campaign game (as above). Your actions in-game will not count toward Bounties and you must ignore the Aftermath step of the Campaign game. In other words, your crew will not advance as a result of the game, aside from the 1-2 scrip earnt.

PRIZES:
At the end of the campaign, players receive entries into a random prize draw based on the total number of fortifications for their hideout. So for instance if your Hideout was a Hidden Lab and you'd built the Electrodes and Library fortifications, you would get two entries into the draw.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

Last edited by Rathnard on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 pm 

So the Campaign begins at Outpost tomorrow night, but as per above you can get set up and have your first games at KRAGS this Friday or Outpost/KRAGS next week. Either way, just let me know when /where you're coming! :)

Malifaux Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:09 pm 

So a decent start to the campaign this week - four players have officially had their first game between Outpost and KRAGS but a few more have expressed interest.

The end of this week will signify the end of round one, so if you're planning to take part then make sure you turn up at either club on Tueday or Friday. :mrgreen:

Malifaux Henchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:54 pm 

So as of Friday night we've reached the end of Round 1, onwards to Round two!

Off the top of my head, the participants thus far are;

- Me (Rathnard...though I can't win anything!)
- Chris (Kadeton)
- Andrew (?)
- Kyle (doesn't exist online ;) )
- Brock (HiveCommander)
- Liam (Onesecondofinsanity)
- Rick (WanderingFool)
- Rick's wife? (Mrs Wanderingfool?)

I've also got interest from Paul (Brother Paulos) and maybe someone from KRAGS who's name escapes me.

Speaking of which, if you haven't started yet and want to get in on the campaign from Round 2, that's not a problem. To keep things fair, just start with a 40SS crew (built as per the rules above) including a maximum of 2 upgrades.

For those who are already in, Round 2 is your first opportunity to use your accumulated scrip to hire new models for your crew (no Masters yet, that's Round 3!). Just remember that the first model you purchase gets a 5SS discount (so yes, you can get a 5SS model for free) and that upgrades cost double their SS value in Scrip (0SS upgrades cost 2).

Malifaux Henchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:39 pm 

Rick's wife, Nic, is draco2075 on Westgamer, though she's seldom on since the Mafia games have tapered off. We managed to squeeze in a game on Friday night. I was hoping for two but that was unrealistic as both of us are very rusty.

The sleepy timber town of Margaret's River recently got a special treat; a touring company from the Star Theatre, under the able leadership of Collete's deputy, Cassandra, arrived at the Townbridge Inn and announced it's intention to put on a series of performances over the next four weeks. Those in the know talk of M&SU influences but the showgirls' true objective is as yet unclear.

Shortly afterwards, a rag-tag mercenary company, led by Taelor, made camp on the edge of town. For reasons unknown, their presence upset the performers and it was inevitable that the two leading ladies would face off in the main street. "This is strictly a one-show town, honey, best move on." "You're right, this town ain't big enough for the both of us. What're you gonna do about it?"

The next day the two crews confronted each other on the outskirts of town. The showgirls were anxious to dispose of some inconvenient evidence and the mercenaries aimed to make a point by putting Cassandra down hard. When the dust settled the honours were even; Taelor and a convict gunslinger forced Cassandra out of the fight (6VP, 3 from the Strategy and 3 from Assassinate) but the the showgirl's performer and her hardworking mannequin plastered promotional posters over everything in sight and there are even rumours going round of a photograph of Taelor holding two posters after Cassandra tricked her into picking them up (and what a showgirl Taelor would be!) (3VP from the Arcanist's Story Scheme Gather Power and 3 from Spring the Trap).

The moral victory went to the mercenaries, however, as the touring company's resources proved inadequate to properly repair two Coryphee and a mannequin and the showgirls didn't get close to the evidence they came to destroy. It remains to be seen what leverage that gives Taelor's crew in the coming weeks.

6vp each, 3 Scrip each (we forgot to flip for a Weekly event), 1cm each but 3 injuries to me and Nic has a lot more options on the Barter Rewards (including one that would let her ignore Armour without needing a trigger!). My hide-out is a Saloon and I'll be picking up a Performer, the Smoke and Mirrors upgrade and some Coffee for week two. My Bounty is Leave Our Mark, Nic's is We'll Use That Later, which we're both halfway through.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:21 pm 

Good to hear about your game! :)

The Event for Round 1 was Map Mapping. But since we've started Round two I'll flip for another one...

7 Tomes - Kythera

I suspect Kyle is going to be pretty pleased he took the Judge as his Leader. ;)

Malifaux Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:06 pm 

WanderingFool you need to write all the round's showdowns. Very cool story! I shall have to think of Taelor's story to add. Let the games continue! Margaret River will never be the same.
Mrs WanderingFool

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:02 am 

Cassandra sat at the bar nursing a drink, and her sorrows. It had been a win, she supposed, but that was small consolation. What was the word Collette had used. Ah, pyrrhic! Another win like that and she wouldn't have a crew left to finish the job.

One Mannequin was destroyed, damaged beyond repair; two other constructs were on their last - shapely - legs and almost everyone else was sporting some kind of injury or damage. And in return, well, she had gotten some payback on the gunslinger who winged her the last time out and the lone mercenary desperate enough to sign on with Taelor was still hopelessly outclassed, but that was it. She'd sent both Coryphee after the same Trapper twice now and the slippery bastard had nothing to show for it but a few scratches. This type of engagement wasn't sustainable.

It should have been so simple. She'd received word that Taelor's crew was going to mark out a tenement west of town and had planned a trap. Enough disincentives and perhaps the other crew could be dissuaded from whatever it was they were trying. But then they'd reached the field. Even the weakest of her performers could feel the monument's power. The power of the grave spirit was strong here, bolstered by a ley line running close to the surface. Beneath that, though, Cassandra's finer senses could pick out something else - Soulstones, a rich vein. She had decided to try a claim jump, it was risky, but the rewards were staggering.

She shouldn't have bothered. The traps had worked perfectly, the explosives had gone off on cue (although none of Taelor's crew were hurt) and she had enough evidence to press charges against Taelor for murder. But her crew hadn't the fight to take Taelor's crew head to head. They'd stopped Taelor from completely marking out the vein, but she'd finish soon, and then hostilities would undoubtedly resume.

Even the murder charge had failed to stick. The Hammerstrike must be doing a Guild job or have paid off the locals - the sheriff had barely glanced at her file before promising an investigation. He hadn't even bothered to put down his whisky.

"Another?" came a gruff voice from behind the bar. Cassandra glanced up, surprised. That wasn't the usual Joe, that was the voice of "Go On" Tom*, the bartender at the Star. And if he was here then...a waft of perfume confirmed her suspicions. "Colette!"

"I thought perhaps you could use some help, dear. Now, what seems to be the problem?"

*So named because, of course, the show must go on and Tom had patched up more showgirls than the whole back-stage crew put together.

I won 6VP to 5VP (3 from Plant Explosives, 3 from Frame for Murder against Nic's 3 from the Stake a Claim strategy and 2 from completing an undeclared Line in the Sand. She was a turn away from achieving Outflank and claiming the win). In total I'm up 12VP to 11VP and 3CM to 2CM but on Strategy I'm down 0-6 and on injuries I'm behind 2-7. Ouch...

I got 11 Scrip, Nic got 7. I'm hiring Colette (using the 5SS discount) and picking up a Grizzled Bartender for my Saloon. Nic has confirmed she's taking the Wasteland Outpost hideout and will get access to Soulstone Vein after our next fight. She's also unearthed another relic hammer. All she needs to do is use the discount to hire Johan and my constructs are really screwed.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the crew plays with Colette. I've played quite a few smaller games with Cassandra leading but this'll be my first time with Colette. It's a pity I couldn't afford any Mechanical Doves to finish the crew. At this point, though, I'd have to say the Showgirls don't really suit me. There are some schemes that are trivial for them and I love their mobility but outside of their tricks they just don't feel competitive. It's a constant delaying action, trying to keep people alive long enough to keep the enemy crew from scoring.

What's the event for week 3?

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:38 pm 

Sorry for the late response! The Event for Campaign Round 3 will be 11 Tomes: Soulstone Vein

I haven't managed many campaign games over the past few weeks, thanks in part to committing to some other matches and then not finding an available opponents at other club nights, but no matter. :P

So this week we're seeing out the second half of round three. If you haven't done your new hires for the week then remember that this is the week you can bring in a Master. Unfortunately for me I don't have enough funds so I guess I'll be sticking with Sensei Yu as my Leader. ;)

Anyway, I'll be available for a game tonight at Outpost as well as this Friday at KRAGS. After that we're onto our 4th and final round!

Malifaux Henchman

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable