[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
As we prepare for the narrative campaign- update one - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:11 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm 

As we prepare for the narrative campaign
One of the big parts of the narrative campaign it is about the story of your army and its units, the battles they fight and the experience they gain.

So to get started we will need you to prepare a 700 pt army and give a write up of the army and the units. You will need to paint all your minis during the campaign and the sooner the better. If you use unpainted minis or no story for the unit you will have to suffer a penalty.

The other change is that I need you to create a Character.
What you need to do is create a hero (or Villain) who will lead their army.
Each player should come up with a name for their glorious leader and jot down a history for him.
You get to spend 120pt for your armies HQ selection.
This will be a free addition not part of your 700pt army. This model has to be built and painted and a profile written to be used.

So get to work, you campaign begins soon.

Any questions see Justin

my blog http://firewaterportal.blogspot.com/
email firewaterportal@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:20 pm 

Right. That's it! I'm going to have to start my oft threatened Eldar force.

I have the Codex, now all I need is advice from the Eldar fanatics out there.

From my reading of the Codex and the 6th Ed rules stopping units disembarking when vehicles have moved beyond 6in I am leaning more towards a Jetbike or Footdar type of army.

My extra 120 point HQ is going to be called Marillion, his Army will be The Silmarillion.

So, any advice on starting an Eldar army with the 700/120 point restriction that leans to Jetbikes and/or Footdar?

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:59 pm 

OMG - please include me in this campaign!!!

This sounds awesome. I'll even come all the way to KRAGS to join in!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:09 pm 

Are there any Jetbike versions of Farseers and Warlocks out there? Where can I get my hands on them?

Should be a fun campaign. Be interesting to see full details. Wonder how many points this will climb to? 2000 points double force :twisted: ?

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:09 pm 

talk to me about that tonight barry if you are going down.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:25 pm 

Won't be there tonight unfortunately. Me and Liam both still sick :(

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 am 

we the Campaign is about to begin. I am now looking for the sign ups.
we will be running this out of KRAGS on a friday night.
It will run for 5 months with only one game min a month and as many as you like, at each month.
If you would like to sign up come down on friday have a game and sign up for some club fun. If you would like to PM me your army type in the mean time that will help with the side allocation.
now here are the lastest set of guide lines any question can be asked and if you what to, have non started lists or would like to see some type of mission included please let me know.

This narrative campaign will also have an escalation feel about it.
Rd 1- 700pt 4x4
Rd 2 – 1050pt 4x4
Rd 3 – 1300pt 6x4
Rd 4 – 1600pt 6x4
Rd 5 – 2000pt 6x4

Anything is allowed. This includes forge world. You have to use the updated rules for 6th with them. It is theme and story that we are looking for.
This includes Non GW models and armies.

As each round increases the narrative points you will have to build on the army you had in the previous list. There will occasions that you may be given the chance to change up units.

From round three you will be allowed to take allies- need to fit army theme.

You will be able to play as many games each round as you like against anybody in the Narrative campaign as all these results will count to the overall narrative.

We want painted armies so here are the rules if your unit is not all three coats and based min. they count as conscripts and are -2 on any leadership teats, and do not benefit from any rules that change it.
If your unit is painted and it gets into combat with unpainted unit is gets hatred (we all hate unpainted minis), this is for the first and second round of combat.

You will need to keep a record sheet of how well each of you units do as they earn experience that will give them bonuses as the campaign continues. This includes you. (Your warlord model)
The group will be divided into sub sets this will depend on number and what forces we have being built. They will be around Imperial, chaos and alien threat. This may change as we have players sign up.

You can even play team mates, the future is a dark place and we still have internal out breaks. (There will be a consequence)

You get to spend 120pt for your armies HQ selection.

This will be a free addition not part of your 700pt army. This model has to be built and painted and a profile written to be used.
You also get to pick a warlord trait for him to start with pick from command or person trait list only.
This will be your armies’ leader and you will be the warlord.

If you take a psyker at any point the first psyker that arrives to work with your force.
We be able to choose their frist psychic power for him. If they are able to pick more then one then all others will be picked using the rules for psychic powers.
You will have to remain with the discipline you choose the first time for the remainder of the campaign (you train to do one discipline well)
If your psyker survives the game then he will be able to keep the power he has or choice to change to a new one from the same discipline.
If you die and each time you die you then get to follow the rules for picking you psychic powers as per rule book, you are to use the same discipline as you chose in the beginning.

Each game we play will require you to role for war zone traits as per BRB40k page 368.
As well as all terrain rules.

There will be at points during the Narrative you will be given orders- These will be games that we need to play and the type of game. EG from battle missions book, city fight, planet strike. These will have to be played with you army. There may be limited addition to you force.

have a read an let us know if you are comming down to play.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:27 am 

Sounds good. I'll bring along my Guard :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:17 pm 

Looking interesting. Looks like I have to start buying and painting an Eldar force for Krags whilst also redoing my Blue Blood Angels into Lamentors for Ultimates. I hope work doesn't get in the way........ :shock:

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:18 pm 

Sounds good.
Quote:
Does that mean there is there a .pdf or player pack already? Maybe post a link to it here if so.

Will there be a map?

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:59 pm 

Hello i would like to be this campaign with my dark angels, i will come down to krags this friday to find out more and i will have the fluff done by then.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm 

Quote:
Sounds good.
Quote:
Does that mean there is there a .pdf or player pack already? Maybe post a link to it here if so.

Will there be a map?

no there is not a player pack yet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm 

Hello peoples, when can we start playing this campaign ? Because i would like to play tonight if i can.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:32 pm 

I also would like to have a dip at this tonight with my Blood Angels

Cheers,

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 pm 

Hey justin, i was wondering when this campaign is going to start ?