[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
No Guts, No Galaxy! MW2/Alpha Strike Mercenary Campaign - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:59 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:46 am 

We're looking for 4-8 players to join in our Inner Sphere mercenary campaign, for fun and profit :)

Starting out before the break out of hostilities of the 4th Succession War, as a company attached to the 6th Lyran Guards, "The Saucy Sixth."

Characters are created using the Mechwarrior 2nd Edition rules set and battles will be fought using the Alpha Strike rules set.

If you'd like to know more, please visit my Facebook blog, Bring you "A" Game, where the GM (@KyuKage)) and I will be able to answer questions and comments.

Thanks all!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:29 am 

Current plan is to run through some missions and team building in the house unit, and then branch off as mercenaries sometime before the War of 3039.

Small scale battles will use CBT / Total Warfare rules, but larger scale (more than a lance) will use the Alpha Strike rules to speed the whole thing up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:02 pm 

Will all games have to played at Krags?

Only ask as I'm up near West Swan and krags is a little far out for me these days.

Reminds me I should get of my butt and run some more demos of Alpha Strike/BattleTech.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:53 pm 

Lee originally set the game up there so there would be some more exposure for BattleTech.

Could have it at someones house, but that would defeat the purpose of trying to bring in new players.

So for now, this campaign will be at KRAGS.

Of course, an entirely separate game could potentially be started at another venue if enough interest is available.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:38 pm 

At KRAGS we have a lot more room at the Thomas Kelly Pavilion than we have previously at other venues. There is an area that can be partially segregated which has been mooted for use by groups who want to play RPGs. In kicking off this campaign, I'm hoping we can rope in some wargamers to play some RPG and the battletech universe is a nice facilitator for just that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:52 pm 

Next session is this Friday, 11th November. We're looking to kick-off for 1930hrs, at the Thomas Kelly Pavilion in Medina, at the end of Rowson Place.

No guts, no galaxy!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable