[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Hey guys, interested in a 5 person team comp at bunbury? - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 pm 

Hi PAGS,

I'm Camo from H:19 in Bunbury. After some of your members came to our club tournamnet earlier this year, we've been thinking about ways to encourage club interaction and extending our community. We've come up with a friendly tournamnet that will be ongoing, hopefully for a long time. The Idea is based around the Ashes concept between Australia and England in the criket.
Our version takes 5 players forming the club team. Then on the 'series' day, all the players are randomly matched to verse an opponent from the other club. This giving the 5 matches. The club with the best out of 5 wins the series. Hopefully we can make arrangements for this to be a free comp between our clubs held maybe every 3 months, each taking turns to host the series, travel being the only cost incurred!
We've got a rough outline and hope to start a tradition within a couple of months, all we need is to find out if your club would be interested in fighting for braging rights in this fun friendly comp!!
Please let me know if your club is interested and we can exchange details and info/ideas to get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

Camo - THE_FILTHY_HOBO - H:19 Bunbury

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:14 pm 

I'm not sure I can find five players but I can probably manage four. Our 40k player base is in upheaval at the moment. As for making it a regular thing, should be straight forward. Every three months or so sounds good. PAGS is having talks with the BDYC right now to organise booking the hall on the last Saturday of every month and once that's done, running events on that day will be easy. We are also in planning stages right now for our next big tournament. I've emailed Dave from H19 with the details and if you PM me your email address, I can shoot you the Players Pack too.

PS: The KRAGS guys are running an inter-club event of their own shortly. Hanger 19 has been invited, so harass Dave and get involved if you want to game against the best the WA clubs have to offer.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:01 pm 

awesome, sounds great, hey 4 players is fine too!!! we could even give you one of ours!!! cameronvanveen@live.com.au is my email and i'd love to get updates on your club events!! if you email me ill send you the doc i wrote up for the ashes idea.

Cheers,

Camo

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 pm 

Quote:
I'm not sure I can find five players but I can probably manage four. Our 40k player base is in upheaval at the moment. As for making it a regular thing, should be straight forward. Every three months or so sounds good. PAGS is having talks with the BDYC right now to organise booking the hall on the last Saturday of every month and once that's done, running events on that day will be easy. We are also in planning stages right now for our next big tournament. I've emailed Dave from H19 with the details and if you PM me your email address, I can shoot you the Players Pack too.
Hey! Id jump on the mandurah team and play for pags. THough id be traveling up from even further south than these guys lately. Fact is im a bred perth player so i think it would make sence somewhat.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:55 pm 

Hey oldone, the first game will be in Bunbury, and if you team up with PAGS im sure you can car pull with the Bunbury crew when we go north for the second round.

Everyone else,
I'm getting closer to announce a date, it's still some time off, but ill keep you all up to date.

Feel free to pm me to get any info on the event idea or any info on Bunbury's H:19 gaming club!!

Cheers

THE FILTHY HOBO.
Fear the gaurd pyjama part of DOOOOM!!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable