It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 am 

We had organised a 2v2 big battle on the weekend but as usual life gets in the way, so we ended up with 3 players and about 2 hours to play in.

So - we took the 'Kill Team' mission from Battle Missions; 200 points each, and applied the 3 player rules from the special scenario in the full rulebook. Turned out to be a really fun game. We packed a 4x4 table with all my terrain (well almost all of it). I took a Veteran squad with meltas and demolitions (in case anyone got cute and threw in a dreadnought or similar!) plus Marbo for a laugh, R took sternguard vet's, and S took Grey Knight terminators. It's probably no shock that the termies one - but I failed to score a single wound with any of my meltas; so rolling anything other than one could have changed that! R's forces were first to break after some lucky rolls saw one Sternguard die to a lasgun to the back, my veteran sgt take down his in close combat, then Marbo slice and dice another of his SG Vet's. unfortunately that left me mostly in the open and a round of storm bolter fire later saw the 3 remaining Grey Knights emerge victorious. Was a great quick game I'd highly recommend.

So - I thought I'd put it out there for people to suggest other scenario mash-ups they'd recommend for a break. What works and what doesn't. Discuss!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 pm 

I quite mixing up the format.

Everytime I play a 3 player battle, usually my opponents double up on me. :)

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either