[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dystopian Wars - Interest ? ? ? - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:19 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 am 

Quote:
So, whats the consensus on the 'mega deal' - is it still worth doing, or should we buy individually from our friends at maelstrom (they'd better be my friends, they have enough of my money)? I'm happy either way - their isn't much of a saving and we'll probably get the gear faster from Spartan direct (since Mal is out of stock on most items)

Monty
I'm minded to pull out of organising the group buy. It seems better if people order exactly what they want from Maelstrom, plus any additions they want to their starter box.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:57 am 

Quote:
Come on Rathnard - tell the missus the models are for the top of the cake :-)
Oh believe me, I really want to give this game a try. But for now I'm going to wait a month, mainly to see how the air/land ships turn out for each army before deciding. Like I said, the airships are a big drawcard for me so I'm waiting for them. :mrgreen:

There's also another 4 nations to come (Russians, Ottoman Empire, Italians and Antarctica) plus allied nations like the French, although probably not for a few months.

Regarding cost, the Megabundle plus three extra sets of cards/books from Spartan games is £190.64.
The same from Maelstrom, with the 16% discount is £181.44

Buying your own battlegroup plus cards/book from Malestrom with the 16% discount is £45.36 (ie. 181.44 divided by 4)
Buying the same from Spartan games is £53.70, and you'll probably have to pay for postage.

Basically then, if you can get in before the 16% discount ends you're best off getting your models from Maelstrom.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:18 am 

I too am interested in what the other nations have to offer, but to get a foot in the door I think I will probably pick up one of the current forces and one of the newer ones once released... probably Antartic or Russian forces without knowing a single thing about em :)

Will probably end up placing my order though Maelstrom now, just have to settle on a force... LOVE the prussian ships but prefer the land vehicles of some of the other nations...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 am 

A bunch of Prussians are on their way to me...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:46 am 

I have the page ready to go for the Blazing Sun force.... but I can't make myself push the submit button....

Does anyone else think the ships from the Empire of Blazing Suns look like trains??? It might sounds crazy but I am finding it strangely off putting when I look at that round body to the ship :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:55 am 

Yep, don't like the floating trains for the same reason.

Does anyone mind if I tack on their order? Don't have a credit card at the moment, but can sort whoever it is with cash quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:58 am 

They look exactly liek trains...

That is kind of why I like them though - reminds me of the land train in Trigun :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am 

Quote:
reminds me of the land train in Trigun :D
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw them

I am tempted by the Brits they have some really nice land and sea vehicles ... but nothings going to be ordered by me until the new year

... looks like maybe another new game :oops:

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:29 pm 

I sort of like the Blazing Sun sea trains, but it's the 'flying plank' carrier that put me off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 pm 

Well for the sake of getting started I picked up the rules, cards and blazing sun fleet.... using my saved up store credit its only costing me $50 or so... so if they don't grow on me I will pick up the Antartic forces when they are released :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:04 pm 

Begreasers! I miss a day and the world goes to war!

Seems a little late to say yes I'm interested >.<

Yet to research but airships will be the decider for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 pm 

Already have some uncharted swea stuff which are really good like the look of the brits upto yet !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:25 pm 

Well according to this intro sheet FSA & Prussian Empire favor airships, and given I really don't like the FSA navy looks like I'll be a Prussian player.

Might hold off to the new year though and see a few games in action first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:49 am 

Don't rule out the french. . . with their flying battleships!!!

This game just keeps getting cooler and cooler :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 am 
Site Admin

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next